Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin: Dan Snyder Reportedly Dumps "We Hail" Marketing Campaign Due to Nazi Connections

skinfan2k

https://deadspin.com/dan-snyder-reportedly-dumped-a-marketing-campaign-becau-1831851331

The article highlights that Dan Snyder did not appreciate the marketing campaign "We hail" designed by ex-chief operating officer Brian Lafemina.  The slogan apparently was too close to the Nazi slogan  “Sieg Heil!”, which translates to hail victory.   

Is this really what this guy is concerned about?  Not the health of this organization but a stupid slogan.  Meanwhile, he has time to buy a $100M yacht.   I guess he doesn't want to invest this money into more important things.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

Considering that two of the top five most well known fight songs heavily feature "hail" and that OUR fight song in particular features,

"Hail victory" this story is either made up or Snyder is a moron. 

Option 2 ;). To me it seems like Hubris is living in his own "autistic" world and he doesn't give a crap about anything or anybody.

Snyder will definitely stop at nothing to bring shame upon this team. Maybe fans should go to the game wearing We Hail T-Shirts?

8 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

It's not necessarily about the slogan but its the micromanagement of issues like this and worrying about these kinds of details

The funny thing is, as the article points out, "sieg heil" translated into english is "hail victory".

Which is a line in the Redskins fight song.

So snyder has a problem with a slogan that only faintly resembles the english translation of "sieg heil", but has no problem with the actual english translation of that phrase in the fight song? 🤔

Sounds more to me like something being used as a pathetic excuse to justify firing Lafemina and his colleagues.

By the way, this part from the Deadspin article:

"The Times’ tale hinted that use of the Nazi Party’s favorite chant was among the reasons Snyder fired chief operating officer Brian Lafemina last month."

"Hinted"....meaning, the article from the Times included an insanely subtle speculation that the "we hail" campaign might have also played a role in how Snyder viewed Lafemina's performance here. I read the Times article. "Hinted" was way too strong a word to use.

And neither the Deadspin article or the Times write-up mention Snyder being Jewish. I would imagine that could possibly play a role in how he perceived things. 

16 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Ok. 

Dan Snyder is one of my least favorite people right now. 

But... 

A. Why is this even news?!?!? 

B.  What, if anything, did he do wrong here? 

He's done a lot wrong outside of this, but this is dumb, a waste of time, and nothing to see here, move along IMO. 

Do you really need to ask this question? Have you looked at any "news" lately?

10 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

The funny thing is, as the article points out, "sieg heil" translated into english is "hail victory".

Which is a line in the Redskins fight song.

So snyder has a problem with a slogan that only faintly resembles the english translation of "sieg heil", but has no problem with the actual english translation of that phrase in the fight song? 🤔

Sounds more to me like something being used as a pathetic excuse to justify firing Lafemina and his colleagues.

Apparently in the past he has omitted the line hail victory when he has sung the song.

It was a dumb slogan, imo. I never liked it. 

But you know what's a lot closer to "Seig Heil"? 

Yeah, "Hail, Victory." Which is the rough translation. 

I view this the same way I viewed Snyder accusing the City Paper of anti-semitism because they printed a photo of him with hand-drawn horns and a mustache: a laughable reach and a desperate playing of the race card.

Nin.

Com.

Poop.

I swear some of you people are ****ing hilarious. 

If Dan does nothing and a news agency prints Dan allowed the phrase which resembles nazi, you grill him for not getting rid of it and being insensitive, and he should be concentrating his efforts on this instead of football operations....

He did do something, and you grill him for that and he should be more worried about the product on the field....

I'm no lover of the management...but come on..some of you are hating just to hate now. It's getting quite facepalm hilarious.

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

I swear some of you people are ****ing hilarious. 

If Dan does nothing and a news agency prints Dan allowed the phrase which resembles nazi, you grill him for not getting rid of it and being insensitive, and he should be concentrating his efforts on this instead of football operations....

He did do something, and you grill him for that and he should be more worried about the product on the field....

I'm no lover of the management...but come on..some of you are hating just to hate now. It's getting quite facepalm hilarious.

I dont know, speaking of Sieg heil, I feel like not hating on him just to hate on him would kinda be like praising Hitler because a decision he made was good.  its never good to praise Hitler, even when he correctly chooses not to put A1 on his steak.

Archived