Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

24/7 Wall Street: Redskins one of most hated companies

hail2skins

Don't know if this was posted in any existing threads....the selection of the "hated" companies is pretty random and seems based solely on the cheerleading incident and the assault allegations against Foster and Nicholson. But geez, this team can't seem to find love in any corner!

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2019/01/10/americas-most-hated-companies-6/2/

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Sill think we would have been worse off with Howard Milstein.

We'd all be calling him "Millstone." 

Then again, I know nothing about the guy and find the possibility of being worse off over the last 20 years hard to fathom. I'd gladly take the chance at this point.

34 minutes ago, mike42 said:

Their reasons for ranking us so high is a complete joke. Just read the other explanation for the other companies on the list. Unsure if the article is serious or not?

I just got the sense it was more of a random list of 20 brands who have received bad publicity over the past year. I think last year the NFL as a whole was on the list.

My wife told me last night about seeing the list with the Redskins on it and I could only think "when it rains, it pours." So much fan disgruntlement over Bruce, and we also get put on this list!

2 hours ago, mike42 said:

Their reasons for ranking us so high is a complete joke. Just read the other explanation for the other companies on the list. Unsure if the article is serious or not?

I can't defend the Redskins, but there's some truth to your point.   Not to get into topics better suited in the tailgate, but writer political agendas are probably at play. 

2 hours ago, mike42 said:

I don’t think the article is meant to be an uber serious, in-depth investigative piece.  Just look at it.

That said, are there any other professional sports teams in the big four, that have the amount of vocal fan displeasure as this one does right now?  The reasons they provided certainly play into it at some level.

I'm not surprised. I may be a fan from a sports perspective but I absolutely despise the Redskins from a business/organizational standpoint. They stand for everything I loathe: corrupt leadership, incompetent management, lack of critical thinking or self awareness, disrespect for its consumers, etc. etc.

Owner who cares more about doing things his way than winning. 

Toxic culture. 

A place where once great or once sought-after coaches always leave with their reputations tarnished.

Come on, how is this company/organization not loved?

Archived