Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching the NFL playoffs

Burgold

12 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

The four remaining teams left are avg more than 27 pts a game.   NE is the only team avg under 30 and their average of 27.8 is the lowest in almost 10+ years.  We are not even close to that kind of offensive wizardy 

Mainly because we got rid of the QB that had us closest to that point.

On 1/13/2019 at 3:26 PM, Burgold said:

So, I've watched several of the NFL playoff games over the past two weeks and it just really hammers home how far off we are. The Redskins are not a borderline playoff team. At their best, they are a borderline terrible team. I still think with Alex healthy we make the playoffs, but I'm equally certain we're one and done.

The playoffs have been equally compelling and depressing. Glad the Cowboys lost. Glad the Vikings never made it. Kinda feel good for the Chiefs and kinda am rooting for the Rams. Not sure why I want McVay to do well, but I do. Maybe it's just because he was one we groomed here and he left in a really normal way. He graduated out of the program and it's cool to see him do well in the real world.

Anyway, I try to imagine the Redskins competing with the teams on the NFC and AFC and I just don't see it. I really wouldn't find much joy in edging into the playoffs and losing in a laugher (as the Chargers are right now. Worse is the suspicion that the Chargers would annihilate us.)

We are closer to the worst team in football than the best no matter what shape Alex Smith is in.

Soon we will be looking for the next McVay, what a time to be alive. 

On 1/14/2019 at 11:30 AM, SemperFi Skins said:

We are close.... we just didn't have depth and didn't account for 5th stringers to be starters.... We were 2 games ahead in the division (in which two teams made it to divisional rounds) before Smith went down.

how quickly we forget...

Smiths injury was the best thing to happen to the franchise in 2018 — — other than Derwin James falling to 15. 

On 1/13/2019 at 4:42 PM, HigSkin said:

I was just talking about how masterful Bill B. is in that he schemed a game with plays not seen by other teams in a while and it became circular back to thoughts of how the Skins are so predictable.  We haven't seemed to have had good game plans or in game adjustments since Gibbs.  Sad really....

Nonsense. McVay was phenomenal, our QB would have been in the mvp race if he didn’t miss wide open reads on 40% of our possessions. 

On 1/13/2019 at 5:31 PM, Fresh8686 said:

What the eagles do with Alshon Jeffrey is what we should be doing with Josh Doctson. Throwing him jump balls and making him go above the rim on his catches. 

Absolutely. 

On January 14, 2019 at 9:06 AM, Warhead36 said:

Our 6-3 was a mirage.

Been saying that since the middle of the season.  It was definitely cool to be the division leader for a while, but I knew once the schedule got harder, we wouldn't look the same.  We beat one good team this year.  You can't be a playoff team if you can't beat good teams period.

On 1/13/2019 at 4:47 PM, Warhead36 said:

The staggering thing to me is how much faster every other team is. I don't just mean they have faster players, they play at a faster rhythm. They get plays in quicker, the tempo and overall flow is quicker, just everything.

We play and coach at such a sluggish pace.

****ing depressing

16 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

Who are some of the names on Sean Payton's offensive staff?  I never hear their names mentioned among coaching prospects

We'd tell ya then we'd have to kill ya.. top secret Sean Payton **** there..

Gurley ****tin on Sean...lol hahaha sounds funny..

On 1/14/2019 at 10:04 PM, skinfan2k said:

The four remaining teams left are avg more than 27 pts a game.   NE is the only team avg under 30 and their average of 27.8 is the lowest in almost 10+ years.  We are not even close to that kind of offensive wizardy 

It's a treat to watch teams with real offenses play after watching the drek that is the Redskins.  At the same time, it's sad because we aren't anywhere close to being able to do anything like these teams can.  It's like the Redskins are playing a completely different sport, almost.

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Hope Snyder realizes that he kept the wrong coach. 

Probably not if he doesn't grasp things like understanding why there are so many opposing teams fans in Fed Ex...

**** you Patriots **** YOU!!. absolutely ****ing hate seeing the ****riots in the Superbowl AGAIN.. ****ING LAME!!.there gonna kill the Rams too...45-13 good luck youngster..you'll need it against those **** heads I hate so ****ing much ahhhh I'm so pissed about this...I'll watch at least this year...go Rams...here's for you uncle Dennis..R.I.P

3 hours ago, SprintBomb said:

Happy for Sean McVay. Hopefully Snyder is fuming right now watching Sean go to the Super Bowl. 

But do you think he actually gets cable on that yacht?

The point of this thread really hits home the further the playoffs go on.  

For Dan and Bruce to watch these games and actually think “but if not for the injuries”...

It really makes me wonder if either one of them actually believes that they are anywhere in the vicinity of ever playing one of these games.   I realize they are hacks in their profession, but I find it very hard to believe that they are so delusional that they really believe what they’ve put together even at its very best and fully healthy is remotely close.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The point of this thread really hits home the further the playoffs go on.  

For Dan and Bruce to watch these games and actually think “but if not for the injuries”...

It really makes me wonder if either one of them actually believes that they are anywhere in the vicinity of ever playing one of these games.   I realize they are hacks in their profession, but I find it very hard to believe that they are so delusional that they really believe what they’ve put together even at its very best and fully healthy is remotely close.

Believe it.

Allen is probably next to Dan right now, saying 'you see this guy here, he is the same height as our guy, AND HE'S WITH TAMPA! We can get him on the cheap!'

I am most likely going to just tune out for the next few months because Bruce Allen has stained and scarred this team beyond repair.

Archived