Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I watched one of his games when his Dad was in the stands and they kept panning to him, I gather the Giants had a bye week that Saturday.    Probably 6th-7th rounder.

If I had to predict right now, they either take Grier in the first (considered right now by most as a 2nd rounder by most but he might elevate himself in the draft process) or Rypien with their first third round pick.

If Jones is within reach, he might be their target but I like Grier too.

That's what Chris Russell said earlier today which is they worked hard to get him, they wanted him.  So rejected for the Tampa job.  

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If Jones is within reach, he might be their target but I like Grier too.

Every desperate team for a Qb is picking ahead of them, I think they are screwed in this draft for Qb unless they trade up.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's what Chris Russell said earlier today which is they worked hard to get him, they wanted him.  So rejected for the Tampa job.  

Every desperate team for a Qb is picking ahead of them, I think they are screwed in this draft for Qb unless they trade up.

Oh they would but maybe not as much or as high as for Haskins.

55 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ughh. Our coaching staff is going to be basically the same, isn’t it....there’s no good to great DC that will want to be a part of this mess!! Whoever we get will suck just as much!!!! **** it all. Next seasons going to suck. 

Conditioning yourself in the winter makes it all feel better in the fall. Good man 👍

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder if they really try some blockbuster deal for the dude, am doubting it because of how the RG3 deal backfired.    Judging by buzz on twitter there is thought that Arizona will trade their first pick to whomever wants Haskins and if not SF, so teams would have to trade up. 

Talk about having bad seasons and the benefit of them -- Giants get a Hall of fame type RB last year and now are the team best positioned to get the best QB in the draft -- wow.  

I think among many other things that Dan-Bruce get wrong -- going 7-9, 8-8 is worst for the long term of the franchise as opposed to 3-13.    We don't need to do whatever we can to eke by -- see the Alex Smith trade.  Reboot when the team isn't set to be a threat for a SB.  

Exactly why I finally kept my promise and started a thread about it.  I don't think we have a choice right now.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Exactly why I finally kept my promise and started a thread about it.  I don't think we have a choice right now.

I commented on it.  My main issue with it is you have to give up likely a ton.  This isn't moving from 4 to 2 to take RG3, this is going much bigger than that.  And I think Tua is better than him, maybe Fromm too.  

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I commented on it.  My main issue with it is you have to give up likely a ton.  This isn't moving from 4 to 2 to take RG3, this is going much bigger than that.  And I think Tua is better than him, maybe Fromm too.  

I'd rather keep it in there, like I said, I don't care what we have to give up, we risk losing more hoping one of those other guys are it and being wrong with what would happen in the meantime.  This is bigger then draft picks.

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

I could see Olvidotti as their backup plan at DC.  He’s been around the dysfunction long enough.  Interestingly, his dad was a DC for a time - coached the D for the Dolphins and a national championship team (the U). 

Great 🙄 another lifer at this clown show. Besides our ILB’s sucked ass this year, leave it to the ‘Skins to possibly promote the worst coach of the worst unit. 

Glad to see their top choice go to a more desired location. I hope that keeps happening and then we'll see what this clown show does to save face. I want this FO and staff to crash and burn in 2019. A fourth defensive staff for a lame duck HC going into his sixth year is a half-measure, and an insulting one at that, when the fanbase is screaming for wholesale change. 

Remember several years ago when so many of us said the dysfunction is eventually going to catch up well it slowly has. Players, coaches and front office personnel at the top levels probably do not want to come here. 

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ughh. Our coaching staff is going to be basically the same, isn’t it....there’s no good to great DC that will want to be a part of this mess!!

Because we have talent on this D, and a base to work with and build up on. For that reason, I think it is an attraction as a DC job, at least for a young prospect who hasn't been around the bar circuit for too long.

In fact, I think that's the reason they're cleaning house on the defensive coaching staff, is because with the talent we have in personnel, the expectations were much higher.

This defense has high potential, with the right staff in charge.  Yes, we need to fill a few spots, but the defense itself is not in shambles.

2 hours ago, Tay said:

Chris Russell was on with Dukes earlier and mentioned that Tomsula wanted out because of the circus.

Is there any talk of Tomsula becoming DC ?

That could be a double dip - get a decent DC, as well as keep a disgruntled from wanting to leave, by throwing him a huge cookie on a hot fudge sundae.

No one wants to come here. They know it’s a lame duck year and they’ll be looking for a job before 2020. Our dysfunction is nationally recognized. Also, why is the defensive staff taking all the heat when our offensive staff was even more putrid?  

This is throwing **** against the wall and hoping something sticks. Dan and Bruce have run out of moves. It’s obvious they’re trying to create the perception change is coming, but the fact is, this is checkmate for the coaching staff and front office, but they don’t want to concede. 

It’s painfully obvious they are panicking, thinking letting a DB coach fall on the sword would appease the fan base. There is nothing this staff can do to make it right. Time is up. It’s like the on again off again girlfriend you keep holding onto, hoping she wises up. Eventually you’re so over it there’s nothing she can do to fix it.

BLOW THE WHOLE ****ING THING UP!

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Jay Gruden promised some big changes were coming and so far he hasn't disappointed, can't wait for the parking lot manager to get reassigned as the concession stand supervisor.

Not sure he promised "big" changes in his end of season press conference, he was completely out of the loop and didn't even have anything to say. Just said he expected some changes. We all knew if there were going to be "big" changes, he wouldn't have been there to give the presser. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

by throwing him a huge cookie on a hot fudge sundae.

Not gonna work when everybody knows that the "hot fudge sundae" is in actuality a stinking dog turd.

But Tomsula did go for it in San Fran, maybe he likes those kinds of sundaes.

3 hours ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Bowles was my first choice for DC and now that he’s out I’m wanting the fowllowing to get a look in no particular order. 

Greg Williams

Steve Wilks

Vance Joseph

Hail

Will say that Wilks worked under Joe Gibbs 2 so maybe there MIGHT be something there since they lost out on Bowles.

The narratives are starting to clash again lol (not on this thread, tho)..."Nobody wants to work here, it's a career killer" is going up against "Look at all the ex-Skins coordinators getting head coaching jobs across the NFL, stupid Redskins for not keeping them."

You'd think that if nothing else, spending some time with the Skins might be seen as a stepping stone to advancing your career. If you succeed, you will have done so in the face of dysfunction and evil lol, which speaks highly of your talent and ability...if you don't succeed, it will be due to the dysfunction and evil, not you. And you get to make between $500K and a million a year in the process. I'm not sure Bowles choosing Tampa over the Skins negates any of that. Not to mention, the Redskins don't actually have a DC position to fill yet. I wonder if they met with Bowles about the Secondary coach job instead, since that's the one position that's currently in need of filling. And he's been the Secondary coach on several teams....plus, it's not as if previous head coaches have not come to the Skins to be position coaches.

Archived