Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

R. Kelly... Smoke and fire it seems.

Kosher Ham

14 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think pretty much everyone knew how far R. Kelly had gone.  What's this docuseries bringing up that is new?

I think it's more making the story known to the uninitiated and easy to follow.  Getting all the details and players telling the story in one place.  Rather than having to read this magazine article from 15 years ago or that newspaper story from 5 years ago, etc.  I dont think everybody knows who Aaliyah was or only know R. Kelly from "I Believe I Can Fly" and Celine Dion and Lady Gaga records.  They certainly never heard of Sparkle or a pee tape.  There's an entire demo that knows none of that really, and certainly not in depth.

12 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Convenient for him to say that. He was dating Aaliyah yet was in the "Fiesta" video in 2001.

I'm down for getting on Jay, I brought it up and his rebrand is bothering me, but Dame can't say much imo.

Agreed, Dame is full of crap.  He was also in a Twista video with R. Kelly too after Aaliyah died.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2

Watching more Surviving R.Kelly...

Jerhonda Pace was 14 when she first met Robert.  She was 16 when he had her strip naked and fondled her and made her perform oral sex.  She told him she was a virgin, and kelly said "good, I can train you." :(

I try so hard not to judge people and look at things objectively.  I feel like people who are attracted to underaged kids are sick, something in their brain is misfiring.  They're not normal.  

But Kelly was so calculated and predatory with it.  He preyed on girls with low self-esteem and sought out kids whose parents were absent and would easily buy his lies about working with their daughters in the studio.  

I kinda want to stomp him into a coma.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chew said:

Watching more Surviving R.Kelly...

Jerhonda Pace was 14 when she first met Robert.  She was 16 when he had her strip naked and fondled her and made her perform oral sex.  She told him she was a virgin, and kelly said "good, I can train you." :(

I try so hard not to judge people and look at things objectively.  I feel like people who are attracted to underaged kids are sick, something in their brain is misfiring.  They're not normal.  

But Kelly was so calculated and predatory with it.  He preyed on girls with low self-esteem and sought out kids whose parents were absent and would easily buy his lies about working with their daughters in the studio.  

I kinda want to stomp him into a coma.

And he had so many enablers and accomplices that actively helped him procure young girls and get away with all this.  That's almost the part I cant wrap my brain around. None of these other people cared about anything but servicing R. Kelly's agenda.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

And he had so many enablers and accomplices that actively helped him procure young girls and get away with all this.  That's almost the part I cant wrap my brain around. None of these other people cared about anything but servicing R. Kelly's agenda.

Yep, I had a hard time with that as well.  I guess money makes otherwise good people do bad things.  :(  

One of his top goons said that R.Kelly had several Chicago area police on his payroll, and would get tipped off, sometimes days in advance, when the parents of these girls would call in "wellness checks" so he could be prepared.  Since they were over 18, there wasn't much else the parents could do.

So many of the girl's stories sound the same.  They had to ask permission to eat, use the bathroom, and shower.  When other men came around, they either had to look at the floor, or go stand in the corner and face the wall.

And a few of the girls talked about the "black room" in R.Kelly's Georgia mansion.  it was a big loft type of room, but they said it was blacked out.  Black curtains, black rugs, black furniture, and a black bed right in the middle.  He would sometimes have two or three girls come in there at a time and do all kinds of degrading sexual stuff to them. 

And I wondered why none of these girls simply ran out the door and screamed for help...but one of the victims, Dominique Gardner, said Kelly's head security guard told her if she ever told her sister or her parents about what is happening, they would all be killed.  :( 

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

I watched episodes 1 and 3 (ep 2 was mistakenly a dupe of ep 1 in my "On Demand" so I haven't seen that one) and it seemed to me that a couple of those people giving testimonials should be in prison right now. Mainly his old manager. That dude had to stop talking a few times because he was about to incriminate himself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

So no one watched The Boondocks?

How is what it shown on the Boondocks supposed to only be symptomatic in the black community (if that is what you are suggesting)?

People have a hard time letting go of things/people they closely associate with pivotal moments of their lives, especially when they perceive those things to be under attack.

Where exactly does race come into the equation? What makes this a black people only problem?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 10:29 AM, Chachie said:

I watched episodes 1 and 3 (ep 2 was mistakenly a dupe of ep 1 in my "On Demand" so I haven't seen that one) and it seemed to me that a couple of those people giving testimonials should be in prison right now. Mainly his old manager. That dude had to stop talking a few times because he was about to incriminate himself.

Aaaaand just like that.....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-r-kelly-manager-arrested-georgia-allegedly-making-terroristic-threats-n960201

• Like 2

So when are we going to make offering victims and their families money in exchange for silence a serious crime?  People enjoy conversations about what all this means about society and whatever, but I’m seeing rich guys writing checks in exchange for silence every time one of these powerful people get away with it.  

• Like 7

R. Kelly accused of threatening one of his alleged victims

NEW YORK CITY, New York – One of R. Kelly’s alleged victims says he is trying to retaliate against her for speaking out in the Lifetime docuseries “Surviving R. Kelly.”

Faith Rodgers, 21, appeared in the series. Her attorney, Gloria Allred, said at a press conference Monday that Kelly posted private photos of Rodgers online and threatened in a letter to smear her reputation.

Rodgers filed a civil suit against Kelly last year, claiming he unlawfully gave her alcohol, assaulted her and gave her a sexually transmitted disease.

“If she persists in court action she will be subjected to public opinion during the discovery process,” Kelly purportedly wrote in response to the allegations, according to a letter shared by Allred. “For example, my law team is prepared to request the production of the medical test results proving the origin of her STD claim.”

The letter continues, “If Ms. Rodgers really cares about her own reputation she should cease her participation and association with the organizers of this negative campaign.”

In an email to CNN, Kelly’s attorney, Steve Greenberg, denied the letter was Kelly’s.

“It obviously was not authored or signed by Mr. Kelly, nor sent on his behalf. He doesn’t write letters,” Greenberg said.

Click on the link for the full article

• 3 weeks later...