Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough is enough. A fond farewell.

sparkosaurus

17 hours ago, kleese said:

While I've already stated I understand the frustration and hopelessness of the state of the organization, I do also think we could be handing out some Oscars here. Whoever earlier in the thread called these "suicide notes" was spot on. This is all a little melodramatic. While the "extreme" title was given to this site for a reason and I admit to certainly fitting that description as well... it IS ultimately a football team we are talking about here. The Broadway-esque proclamations are a bit much. 

I find this to be a bit ironic coming from you.  If this thread is a suicide note, then I guess your bi-weekly threads are love notes, with just as much melodrama, just the other side of the spectrum.

I keep seeing people talk about 40 years of good memories in this thread, but I have to ask what are the good memories from the last 20 years of Snyder? I have about 5

-the 1999 season (even then we got Norved out of a showdown with the Rams) 

-Gibbs coming back and the 2005 season 

-RGIII’s rookie year

- Drew Magary writing an article with hilarious nicknames for Snyder like Meddlesome ****tington IV

I don’t count 2015 because the division literally fell on it’s ass, the other memories I have are all bad

-the 2000 dream team l

-firing Marty after one year

-Spurrier and the Osaka game which was his best game followed by the QB carousel

-QB bust after bust

-old man Blanche and his prevent Defense

-the swinging gate

-Zorn and the Maroon and Black

-“Sacks and Stuff”

-Haynseworth and the 45 minute **** during his conditioning test

-getting curb stomped by our division rivals like fat Albert stomped on Gurode

-the McCloughan saga 

-Will the brown nosed Compton starting despite having zero talent

that’s not even mentioning this year

-trafficking Cheerleaders

-Ruben Foster

-Not punishing Mason Foster

-Firing guys who were tasked with repairing the team’s ****ty image (Just wait until the little turd announces that the waiting list still exists)

-Cutting Swearinger for being honest, Manusky has had more talent but has been as ****ty as Barry was

Where are the good memories that we’re supposed to have from Snyder? He has turned this team into Punch line. Does anyone here honestly think that Snyder and his stooges will win a Super Bowl? How about not being a complete dysfunctional clown show year in and year out? The only good thing is that the national media is now trashing Snyder even more. That’s why I understand bailing on this team. That’s why I can understand finding a team that gives you some good memories. All my friends realize that the team has gone from something I loved watching to the reason I’m pissed off every Sunday. 

This is the struggle of the NFL fan. Unless you are a fan of Pittsburgh or New England and the Cowboys Or Niners to a lesser extent. Have fun with da Bears and enjoy it while you can, they are going to go right back to suckville soon enough.

But hey we missed another playoff season and our owner is a first class buffon. Dude has run the franchise aground and seems to be spring loaded to F up any situation from personnel to management to marketing. That much is clear but if you look at the entire NFL through the same lens it is the same way in a lot of other places too. Add in the media circus of DC that treats everything related to this team like it is a congressional inquiry and it can be a little overwhelming at times ....like we are stuck in quicksand. I hate it for the fanbase and the ex players who were part of something better.

Its easy to get all ****y and whiney this time of year but dude ...develop some coping mechanisms ...or don't nobody really cares anyway.

HTTR !!!!!

I can't think of any other NFL team that currently has the level of dysfunction as the Redskins. Even the Cowboys and Browns are starting to resemble professional franchises. The Bengals have same level of suck as the Redskins but not the constant seedy drama.

I like several other teams, but none will ever mean to me what the JKC-era Skins did. Paying less attention is probably the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, alwaysaskin said:

Where are the good memories that we’re supposed to have from Snyder? He has turned this team into Punch line. Does anyone here honestly think that Snyder and his stooges will win a Super Bowl? How about not being a complete dysfunctional clown show year in and year out? The only good thing is that the national media is now trashing Snyder even more. That’s why I understand bailing on this team. That’s why I can understand finding a team that gives you some good memories. All my friends realize that the team has gone from something I loved watching to the reason I’m pissed off every Sunday. 

I think many still think that firing Marty after one whole season remains Snyder's biggest mistake. However, in a lot of people's minds, he sort of made up for that by luring Gibbs back in 2004. Of course once you got past the initial euphoria of the announcement, you started to ask yourself how many years a 64-year-old Gibbs was going to be able to give us. Joe did lead us to two playoff seasons, but I think the expectations were higher (probably unrealistically so based on his first go-around), and you can't ignore that the other two seasons were poop.

Then we had the Zorn disaster and Dan's drunken midnight flight to Denver which ultimately got Shanny here. When Vinny was finally ousted and we had initially had Bruce and Mike here, I don't think anyone saw that we'd pretty much be in the same place nine seasons later. Shanny was a huge disappointment. Jay has been decent, I guess, and we're about a .500 team recordwise (perhaps a game or two better the past two seasons if not for the major injuries), but somehow it just feels worse.

Chick Hernandez mentioned something in a tweet about rumors of a familiar face coming back to Ashburn soon. I doubt it will be, but I seriously hope it isn't Gibbs in any capacity whatsoever. I love Joe for the glory years and thank him for trying to make a second go at it last decade, but if agrees to come back in what would obviously be Dan's nostalgic trip, I think I'd lose a deal of respect for him. 

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I find this to be a bit ironic coming from you.  If this thread is a suicide note, then I guess your bi-weekly threads are love notes, with just as much melodrama, just the other side of the spectrum.

Nah, my takes are generally anti-drama. I basically sit in an area where I still find the team very enjoyable to follow while acknowledging their dreadfulness as an organization. My thing has always been it’s not THAT big of a deal either way and that if it truly makes you unhappy you should bail and not feel guilty or shamed about it. I just don’t personally understand those that reach “suicide” level and proclaim it on high. 

37 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I think many still think that firing Marty after one whole season remains Snyder's biggest mistake. However, in a lot of people's minds, he sort of made up for that by luring Gibbs back in 2004. Of course once you got past the initial euphoria of the announcement, you started to ask yourself how many years a 64-year-old Gibbs was going to be able to give us. Joe did lead us to two playoff seasons, but I think the expectations were higher (probably unrealistically so based on his first go-around), and you can't ignore that the other two seasons were poop.

Then we had the Zorn disaster and Dan's drunken midnight flight to Denver which ultimately got Shanny here. When Vinny was finally ousted and we had initially had Bruce and Mike here, I don't think anyone saw that we'd pretty much be in the same place nine seasons later. Shanny was a huge disappointment. Jay has been decent, I guess, and we're about a .500 team recordwise (perhaps a game or two better the past two seasons if not for the major injuries), but somehow it just feels worse.

Chick Hernandez mentioned something in a tweet about rumors of a familiar face coming back to Ashburn soon. I doubt it will be, but I seriously hope it isn't Gibbs in any capacity whatsoever. I love Joe for the glory years and thank him for trying to make a second go at it last decade, but if agrees to come back in what would obviously be Dan's nostalgic trip, I think I'd lose a deal of respect for him. 

I’d be in favor of a Gibbs return as long as he wasn’t coaching or choosing personnel. In all aspects of his life he’s been pretty good at identifying people and how to delegate. Problem with Gibbs II  is that he probably had TOO much control and certain things had passed him by. But he was still a pretty good judge of character and during those four years with him in the building we really didn’t experience any off-field drama (other than the ST tragedy of course). 

I would be in favor of Gibbs returning as President as long as Allen was completely gone and Gibbs would be choosing the GM... the GM would then choose the coach and players. I think Gibbs is probably still sharp enough to oversee an organization and you know Dan respects him and would let him do his job. 

If Snyder does fire Allen or drastically change his role I just don’t know how we can trust him to pick the new Allen. To me, Gibbs is a safe choice that we know will at the very least operate profesionally and will bring respectability to the position and the FO. What I’m really saying is that Dan should hire Gibbs to carry out Dan’s role. 

20 minutes ago, kleese said:

Nah, my takes are generally anti-drama. I basically sit in an area where I still find the team very enjoyable to follow while acknowledging their dreadfulness as an organization. My thing has always been it’s not THAT big of a deal either way and that if it truly makes you unhappy you should bail and not feel guilty or shamed about it. I just don’t personally understand those that reach “suicide” level and proclaim it on high. 

But you clearly love the Redskins and base your entire Sunday routine around their games.  If for whatever reason, their ineptitude caused you to no longer enjoy it, I doubt there wouldn’t be a thread about it.  I didn’t leave the OP’s thoughts thinking “suicide” more that he’s just had enough and can no longer muster joy out of them, so he’s done.  

18 minutes ago, kleese said:

I’d be in favor of a Gibbs return as long as he wasn’t coaching or choosing personnel. In all aspects of his life he’s been pretty good at identifying people and how to delegate. Problem with Gibbs II  is that he probably had TOO much control and certain things had passed him by. But he was still a pretty good judge of character and during those four years with him in the building we really didn’t experience any off-field drama (other than the ST tragedy of course). 

I would be in favor of Gibbs returning as President as long as Allen was completely gone and Gibbs would be choosing the GM... the GM would then choose the coach and players. I think Gibbs is probably still sharp enough to oversee an organization and you know Dan respects him and would let him do his job. 

If Snyder does fire Allen or drastically change his role I just don’t know how we can trust him to pick the new Allen. To me, Gibbs is a safe choice that we know will at the very least operate profesionally and will bring respectability to the position and the FO. What I’m really saying is that Dan should hire Gibbs to carry out Dan’s role. 

I love what Gibbs gave this franchise and the fans. He will always be remembered for that but, he should under no circumstances return to this organization. His time has passed, just like all the other glory day hires. The franchise needs to move from the past and into the future.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But you clearly love the Redskins and base your entire Sunday routine around their games.  If for whatever reason, their ineptitude caused you to no longer enjoy it, I doubt there wouldn’t be a thread about it.  I didn’t leave the OP’s thoughts thinking “suicide” more that he’s just had enough and can no longer muster joy out of them, so he’s done.  

Yes that is all true. I do still love the Redskins and base my routine in the fall around them just like I did back in the glory years. I still enjoy it too. But it isn’t because I actually think they are good or are “on their way.” I understand the dumpster fire I’m basing my routine around. But no if I left, I’d probably just leave because I wouldn’t care at that point. I don’t care about our off season moves generally speaking. Doesn’t really interest me and seeing the info is enough for me. So I basically just don’t post on ES from Jan-August with one exception being when the schedule comes out. So if I ever got to a point where I felt that way DURING the season I’d probably treat it the same way. I’m not ripping the guy at all. I really do get it. But yes, the “after 40 years I’m done....” posts do kind of make me giggle. But who knows, they are probably the smart ones. 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

I lost just a little respect for Gibbs because after all the nonsense over the years, he's stayed silent. He's the one person in all of Skinsland that could say, "Look, the Emperor has no clothes" and people would listen. Instead, he decides to keep his mouth shut and watch the franchise go to 💩💩 .

48 minutes ago, wunderhill said:

I love what Gibbs gave this franchise and the fans. He will always be remembered for that but, he should under no circumstances return to this organization. His time has passed, just like all the other glory day hires. The franchise needs to move from the past and into the future.

I’ve given up all hope that we will be a good FRANCHISE under Snyder. That’s not happening. What I still hope can happen is we catch lightning in a bottle for a period of time by getting lucky on a QB, coach, etc... If we have someone like Gibbs in an “overseeing” role I think it increases the chances we won’t mess it up if we do stumble upon something good. Again, I don’t really want Gibbs DOING much of anything, I just think his presence could be a calming one. 

21 minutes ago, kleese said:

I’ve given up all hope that we will be a good FRANCHISE under Snyder. That’s not happening. What I still hope can happen is we catch lightning in a bottle for a period of time by getting lucky on a QB, coach, etc... If we have someone like Gibbs in an “overseeing” role I think it increases the chances we won’t mess it up if we do stumble upon something good. Again, I don’t really want Gibbs DOING much of anything, I just think his presence could be a calming one. 

How awesome it would have been if Gibbs had became owner instead of snyder.

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I was highly disappointed in Gibbs return.  I thought he would put Synder in his place, get rid of the deadwood, and instill accountability into the culture of the team.  Instead, Gibbs simply accepted the braintrust that was in place.

That familiar face will probably be Vinny coming back to work with Bruce and Snyder to put the final nail in the coffin of this team.  

Why do I feel like we see these types of threads every year? Yes it is frustrating, but the same things Redskins fans say on here are the same things that Steelers fans say all the time, even when they are winning. And with working with folks in Wisconsin and Colorado, guess what....they say the same exact things. There are teams that have never won a Lombardi yet still have fans. The Eagles until this past year had never won one, and this year, they are probably saying the same exact things as Redskins fans. 

My point is unless you are fans of the superbowl winning team of that year, people are going to complain and second guess the staff, but to be honest, I feel the organization is going in the right direction and takes some time for a culture change. My biggest gripe is that we let McVay get away from us.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:42 PM, sparkosaurus said:

Enough is enough. After over 40 years of fandom, I’m leaving the team that I have loved.

sparkosaurus

Eh, you’ll be back. All those manly men running around in those tight little pants... the grunts as they’re pushing and bumping and grinding on each other. You always come crawling back to your homoerotic master.

but seriously, you’ll be back. You’re obviously still emotionally involved. You don’t write a 10 paragraph essay if you’re giving up on a team. You’ll know you’re done when general apathy sets in.

8 minutes ago, Blue Collar Skins said:

Why do I feel like we see these types of threads every year? Yes it is frustrating, but the same things Redskins fans say on here are the same things that Steelers fans say all the time, even when they are winning. And with working with folks in Wisconsin and Colorado, guess what....they say the same exact things. There are teams that have never won a Lombardi yet still have fans. The Eagles until this past year had never won one, and this year, they are probably saying the same exact things as Redskins fans. 

My point is unless you are fans of the superbowl winning team of that year, people are going to complain and second guess the staff, but to be honest, I feel the organization is going in the right direction and takes some time for a culture change. My biggest gripe is that we let McVay get away from us.

You think this organization is on that right path?  Damn...i’d hate  to see what a dysfunctional organization looks like in your world.

22 minutes ago, Hooterman said:

I understand the sentiment but these types of "I'm gone" posts are lame. Just move along, no need to proclaim anything here.

Yeah, I feel the same way about birthdays, graduations, engagements, weddings, anniversaries and funerals.

The world doesn’t revolve you, you narcissistic buttholes!!!  You don’t have to make an announcement about everything in your life... and turn it into a celebration you self-righteous arse!

After 40+ years of being a fan, I am STILL here.  I won't leave and start following another team.  I've taken many lumps as a fan of this team growing up in NYC.  My brothers are Jets fans, my dad was a Giants fan.  I became a Redskins fan because of my Uncle (plus, Modell's only had a Redskins sweatshirt in my size that I got for a camping trip when I was a kid).  Since those days this team has excited me and disappointed me.  I continue to root for them to win and understand when they lose.  I do  not get overly emotional during the down times.  Yeah, it still pisses me off for a bit, but, I cannot ever see rooting for another team.  I just won't have the history that I have with the Redskins.  It would feel like a hollow victory to change teams at this point. 

We all have questioned our fandom at one point or another, but, we will remain.  I am certain that things will change for the better and hopefully it will be soon.  HTTR!

47 minutes ago, Blue Collar Skins said:

See the part I bolded. How many times have you heard that statement over the past 20 years?

Its true that at the end of each season, only fans of one team are completely satisfied. But the chart posted on Twitter last week says a lot:

Granted, the post was made to illustrate the particular dominance the Patriots have had since 2003. But ask yourself this.....if the Redskins were one of the teams that have had, say, at least 7 10-win seasons since 2003, do you think you'd see near the volume of posts wishing that Snyder would sell the team?

I could never drop the skins for l

another team.  

I could see myself dropping football because of the skins.  

As they continue to be more like some reality TV show and less football, the easier they make it.  Any player that signs here should know how we feel.  It's a big reason booing happens quickly and they stands are flooded with away fans.  

Good luck to you.

3 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Yeah, I feel the same way about birthdays, graduations, engagements, weddings, anniversaries and funerals.

The world doesn’t revolve you, you narcissistic buttholes!!!  You don’t have to make an announcement about everything in your life... and turn it into a celebration you self-righteous arse!

I've missed you. :) 

Archived