Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough is enough. A fond farewell.

sparkosaurus

Bro I'm with you. I'm completely done with this team. I don't really care what happens as far as who gets fired or what players we get here on out. I'm just tired of this and supporting these losers. I'm glad there is only one game left. I just wish I didn't live so close to the stadium to hear or see what goes on. Just gonna live off the good memories. Daniel Snyder should change the name instead of tarnish what the Redskins name was. Not gonna be a fan of another football team but will pay attention to the NFL because of FanDuel.

Bro I'm with you. I'm completely done with this team. I don't really care what happens as far as who gets fired or what players we get here on out. I'm just tired of this and supporting these losers. I'm glad there is only one game left. I just wish I didn't live so close to the stadium to hear or see what goes on. Just gonna live off the good memories. Daniel Snyder should change the name instead of tarnish what the Redskins name was. Not gonna be a fan of another football team but will pay attention to the NFL because of FanDuel.

I understand completely where he’s coming from, this isn’t fun anymore, it feels like 16 weeks of misery followed by an off-season of woe, meanwhile we keep hoping that Snyder has learned his lesson. I have enough stress in my life particularly this past year without ruining my Sundays by dealing with this incompetent clown show. Seriously in the next ten years who will remember or associate anything remotely good with the Redskins. Snyder has ruined all that, I’ve kind of been looking at side teams, just so I can feel something other than misery or despair every Sunday. I don’t buy merchandise from this team anymore and I feel completely hostile to Snyder and Company. I even had to ask what players I particularly have liked from Snyder’s 20 years and it’s a very short list. I’m old enough to remember Super Bowl 22 and 26 but since I started High school and all my adult life the ‘Skins have brought more misery than enjoyment. 

It’s not the losing I could live with that, it’s the fact that this team seems incapable of going through one ****ing season without generating tons of negative headlines. I feel like we’re all Charlie Brown, hoping that Snyder doesn’t move the football from us.

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Well, I think its more accurately hanging out with your new boyfriend/girlfriend, after 20 years in an abusive relationship where you have been treated like dirt, cheated on over and over again, everyone has been telling you to get out, and you've finally listened.  You were beaten, verbally abused, lied to, cheated on, and stuck with it because you just "love them" and hope they turn around.  But they dont, so finally you get the courage to.  Its not really anything like parading a mistress before getting a divorce 🤨

For the love of God ya'll, it's a f'n sport.

I don’t know how people can quit this team if they really did all the things this poster said he did. I’m the same, fly and drive all over to see the team, never miss games. Raising my boys to be skins fans, I’m incapable of quitting, I can’t function without looking forward to my next redskins fix. I’m jealous of anyone who can feel the same level of excitement by watching another team. I’ve been to one of the most exciting World Series games, it was awesome... but didn’t even feel close to the MNF miracle in front of my tv, by myself in a small apartment. Not close. That game meant not a whole lot and it wasn’t in the same category as being at an amazing game six World Series victory. 

aside from one season when I was 9 years old it’s been **** upon ****. I wish I could leave, I wish someone had that men in black memory eraser and I was born a packers fan. 

I’m teetering on the precipice. 

I became a fan while living in Springfield in the early 70s. Moves to Long Island then NY state near Ottawa and Montreal, then NYC and finally Boston didn’t change my allegiance to the Skins. 

After my Dad died in 2002 I doubled down a bit, since this was a shared passion and it helped me keep him alive in my memory. 

I moved to Scotland in September and see the Skins as a cultural link back to my upbringing. 

I was hoping for a decent season but now I have had it. This team is pretty good and has a lot of talented and upstanding guys. I want them to succeed. But the rest of the organization is total garbage. Malicious, incompetent, petty, stupid, narcissistic. I hate this ****. 

Luckily we’re at the end of the season. That gives me months to think about this. 

Either way I will come back to ES as I find it a great place to talk football and really enjoy reading (most of) your posts. 

I’m just so ****ing angry I even have to consider this or feel this way about the team I grew up with and love. 

**** you Snyder!

They are still my team, but I just don't care anymore. I expect them to lose, to blow it, to be a dumpster fire year after year. Danny Boy destroyed this team. He is a jinx and the Redskins will never win as long he owns the team, which is going to be a long, long time. 

2 hours ago, sparkosaurus said:

I was fine with San Francisco, I was fine with Minnesota. I left the door open because if he went to Cleveland….let’s just say I wasn’t about to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

My second favorite team is Cleveland. Been that way for a couple of years now. Used to be NO but they already got the trophy and now I don't like Payton.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No it's not, I dont know what some of yall have seen or been through but it does not compare.  You cannot put domestic violence in mute.

I can see your point and that wasn’t my intention. I’ve seen domestic abuse in my family and I’m not trying to marginalize it’s seriousness. Sorry if it came off that way. 

My hyperbolic reaction is meant to highlight that this is, by far, the worst fan experience you are likely to get in sports. 

1 hour ago, Art said:

Well...bye

You're a million times more efficient these days : )

Anyways, The Bears?  They are older then us and we've been to more super bowls and won more super bowls.  You know a big reason I'm not going to switch?  Because whoever I switch to will eventually suck, too.

At least if the DC team does well it's great for the area I'm from, why root against that because I've picked another team that might see them in the playoffs?  Living in Chicago, I get this approach, though I hope hes prepared for fact they a worse QB history then we do (one of the few)

4 minutes ago, fjblair said:

They are still my team, but I just don't care anymore. I expect them to lose, to blow it, to be a dumpster fire year after year. Danny Boy destroyed this team. He is a jinx and the Redskins will never win as long he owns the team, which is going to be a long, long time. 

At this point we should call ourselves the Washington Tire Fires, dumpster fires go out after a while, Snyder has us on par with the Springfield Tire fire

I understand.

I had a hard time giving up on the Montreal Expos. Especially after the strike year when we were on top of the world. But watching the team essentially become a farm team for MLB.... where they would trade any established player for a handful of prospects. Some of them would bust... and as soon as any of them showed any potential and produced, they were traded. And the cycle continued. And as a result, the team wasn’t competitive EVER. And then with the terrible stadium (Olympic Stadium), dwindling attendance... and rumours of moving... I had enough. So I switched allegiances to the Yankees... and never regretted it. At the time, they were the worst team in the majors... drafting #1 overall (Brien Taylor, SP). I did enjoy their dominant run... especially the pennants. But I know my enthusiasm was tempered by the allegiance switch.

I even tried to leave the Buffalo Sabres. Right after they traded Tom Barrasso (my favourite player) to the Penguins. I thought long and hard about switching allegiances to the Pens.... but I couldn’t. I followed the Pens in the periphery... and I wish I could have experienced and enjoyed their 2 Stanley Cup wins.... but alas, I stuck with the Sabres. I did develop a secondary liking to the Red Wings.... again when they were junk. Then Yzerman finally turned into a captain.... and they started dominating and winning a couple of Cups. I did enjoy it some... but admittedly, I know it also measured/tempered.

When I was a young kid, I rooted for the Lakers at first. Because that’s what everyone did. But I don’t like being a follower.... so I conferred with friends and they helped me pick the Knicks. It was the year after Mark Jackson won ROY. That’s been a torturous decision.

As far the Redskins, I could totally give up my fandom. I haven’t consistently watched games in about 8 years. And I haven’t watched a full game in longer than that. This team is so consistent.... I’m positive that the NFL is scripted. This team, the on-field stuff.... as well as the off-field stuff..... takes any and all enjoyment out of watching.

In fact, I’m probably not even a Redskins fan any more. I just follow this community more out of habit than anything. This franchise stands for literally nothing that I value any more. In fact, it disgusts me. I have 0.01 emotional investment in this team....  probably for the last 5 years. 

I think if it wasn’t for my Redskins tattoo... I probably would’ve have logged off years ago. LOL

4 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

I can see your point and that wasn’t my intention. I’ve seen domestic abuse in my family and I’m not trying to marginalize it’s seriousness. Sorry if it came off that way. 

My hyperbolic reaction is meant to highlight that this is, by far, the worst fan experience you are likely to get in sports. 

I know, I think sometimes we let the skins get the best of us because we are die hards, it matters to us a lot, its brutal (just not that brutal)

I enjoy talking with yall and post more in the Tailgate anyway now (have for years).  ****, been here since 03, almost as long as I decided to watch every game and follow every season.  But I think i do that for different reasons then some other people do, why it will be pretty much impossible to get to the point of the OP.

1 minute ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Rex. Gross man. 

The absolute lowest I felt as a Redskins fan... was when we signed Tony Banks and Rob Johnson.... both of whom I thought were the worst QB’s in the NFL and was embarrassed that we had stooped so low. Then throw in Rex Grossman and Jeff George, and John Beck... and now the QB situation we have.... and quite frankly, I’ve lost total faith in this franchise. It’s a god-damn gong show. 

5 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

In fact, I’m probably not even a Redskins fan any more. I just follow this community more out of habit than anything. This franchise stands for literally nothing that I value any more. In fact, it disgusts me. I have 0.01 emotional investment in this team....  probably for the last 5 years. 

I think if it wasn’t for my Redskins tattoo... I probably would’ve have logged off years ago. LOL

You know, for years without you saying that I felt that's the point you had gotten to, jus checking to see how things are going given how damn good an idea this place was and how much work you put into it.  It really does suck that its centered around something that reminds one of someone that if they weren't family with theyd have nothing to do with.

I have a tattoo as well, but its for Sean.

Got it. I spent my teens across the river from Cornwall ON and those were popular “local” teams, though proximity to Montreal meant growing up a Habs fan (now a Bs fan though).

I feel for you - the Expos were a disaster and the Sabres weren’t great either. At least they weren’t the Leafs. 😆

14 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

As far the Redskins, I could totally give up my fandom. I haven’t consistently watched games in about 8 years. And I haven’t watched a full game in longer than that. This team is so consistent.... I’m positive that the NFL is scripted. This team, the on-field stuff.... as well as the off-field stuff..... takes any and all enjoyment out of watching.

This is the worst part.  It really isn't enjoyable anymore.  It feels like a job, especially living in the Philly area.  My kids are 1 and 3, and I'm glad they won't remember this part.  The bad thing is that this part has been going on since I was 7 in 1992.  I don't know how to explain to them why I'm still in it when they completely lost their moral compass (sorry, nothing was worse by any team than signing Foster in the context they did) as there's no Joe Gibbs, their legacy as there's been way more fodder than legends in that uniform, or the pride in wearing something Redskins every Monday after a game, win or lose.

Now it's just the thing that gets Daddy pissed off on Sundays.  It's not fun at all.

OP, in years passed I would've stuck my nose up at you and said "Bye Felicia."  Now?  I get it, man.  I get it.  And I hate that I do.

I'm not going to get my kid a Redskins onesie, because my dad didnt.  If they want to sit and watch it with me, I will leave it up to them (that's how it happened es for me). 

I will not drag them out to a game unless this franchise gives me a reason to (my first was Gibbs first year back against the Vikings), and with at least 6-7 years until a new stadium I will not out them through that trek from the metro station. 

I typically go to games by myself now and meet people, my dad jus isnt up for it anymore because hes getting older, its soooooo f'd up.  The other 3 major teams the metro is either in the building or literally across the f'n street.

Archived