Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D.J. Swearinger blasts Redskins DC Manusky after loss

RedskinsLegacy

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Hope you guys had a blast. Was still trying to figure out a way to swing the impromptu trip for it right up until 9am yesterday lol.  

Once the schedule for 2019 gets announced, we should all get a road game on the calendar and plan a game for a big ES tailgate. 

Absolutely, these trips are awesome. 

Maybe Swearinger has tried to keep it in house, but Manusky isn't changing.  The defense was waaaaay to lax yesterday against a backup QB who may be one of the biggest busts in draft history.  Manusky is responsible for that.  When we did blitz, the one time that I can remember, we got home and got a big time sack.  Rushing four just let Gabbert get way too comfortable.

12 minutes ago, mojo said:

There’s a reason DJ has been on 4 teams in 6 years.  Dude wears out his welcome fast.

With what, honesty?

Maybe if they listened to him we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Was he wrong, sure, but pretty much every in here wants the DC gone, so the question is more should he have said it publicly.  Guys like DJ care, they almost left Norman in the locker room to go home because he wouldn't take his pads off he was so mad about this game.

Fine, he said it, but Gibbs almost killed himself from the work he was putting in.  We get mad about this team not being prepared and low and behold we find out not only is it true but the players are mad about it as we are.  Truth, that's a good thing.

As you can probably tell, I'm a John Wall fan.

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

With what, honesty?

Maybe if they listened to him we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Was he wrong, sure, but pretty much every in here wants the DC gone, so the question is more should he have said it publicly.  Guys like DJ care, they almost left Norman in the locker room to go home because he wouldn't take his pads off he was so mad about this game.

Fine, he said it, but Gibbs almost killed himself from the work he was putting in.  We get mad about this team not being prepared and low and behold we find out not only is it true but the players are mad about it as we are.  Truth, that's a good thing.

As you can probably tell, I'm a John Wall fan.

If he was playing well, there’s no issue. But he’s not. He and the rest of them are sorry sacks of **** that miss tackles and blow assignments but will go nuts celebrating a pass deflection

****, that is the exact **** Wall does with the gang **** even tho he’s rapidly declining night in and night out 

Any other time I’d be against giving the media headlines, but I don’t mind what DJ did. At least someone is people honest and upfront. People want to say we’re cursed because of the past two injury plagued season, but DJ said it himself, practices are too lax. People not taking it seriously, and that’s a direct reflection of the leadership of the coaches. Practice demeanor spills over into the weight room, in conditioning, and ultimately, into the games. 

I believe the insane amount of injuries that have taken place these past two season are because of poor conditioning. I’m glad DJ is blowing the whistle. I hope more players step forward. 

2 hours ago, mojo said:

Good point.  That’s on Jay.  He should have put this issue to bed weeks ago. That said, I hope DJ and Manusky are gone.

No way DJ goes...he shouldn't...can't blame a guy for being passionate... would it be better for him to avoid the media?...sure but than he gets back lash for that..I pray to God he's back..we need him.

9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

No way DJ goes...he shouldn't...can't blame a guy for being passionate... would it be better for him to avoid the media?...sure but than he gets back lash for that..I pray to God he's back..we need him.

DJ is a good player that cares. We should have more like him.

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

If he was playing well, there’s no issue. But he’s not. He and the rest of them are sorry sacks of **** that miss tackles and blow assignments but will go nuts celebrating a pass deflection

****, that is the exact **** Wall does with the gang **** even tho he’s rapidly declining night in and night out 

Nonsense, DJ is one of our highest rated players and a pro-bowl alternate, so ya, someone respects him and his opinion, even if its not our DC.  If the coach isn't putting in the work, I want to know, it should always be the other way around, coach should always be watching more film then the players.

My comments on Wall's are towards me wishing he wouldn't say certain things but him rarely being wrong in his comments.  Pretty much everyone in the Wizards thread was done with Gortat around the same time Wall was, and this offseason he made clear to the front office what this team needed to do in the offseason concerning out front court with younger more athletic players.  After what seems like a lifetime of centers who can't play or won't dunk in the Wall era enter Thomas Bryant.

This topic will come down to he shouldn't of said it but I'm glad he did.  I don't want to spend too much time talking about the Wizards here, but when Beal finally pointed at Ernie they started talking about trading him.  I'm not going to hide when I agree with players on stuff I'm saying too.  They look more like they care when they say something then say nothing, context sure, but I notice that compared to other bammas just passing through.

This guy was supposed to be a leader.  He is no leader.  He is just a loud mouth who is constantly looking for someone to blame for his own shortcomings.  If you want to see the difference between a leader and a wanna be leader, just take a look at his interview and look at Adrian Peterson's interview after the game.  One going to the HOF after his career the other will be a distant memory (other than his loud mouth and calling out coaches and teammates) as soon as he is out of the league.

You can watch all the film you want but in the end, you have to execute.  And that is alot more on the player individually than the coach.  And DJ has had plenty of issues with execution this year.  Several times last night initial contact was made 4 to 5 yards behind the line to gain on critical third downs only to have Titans slip the tackle and keep the drive alive.  Also on several occasions on defense and special teams, the would be tackler comes flying in out of control trying to make that big hit rather than being under control and in position to make the tackle.  The offensive player makes one little move, the tackler goes flying by grasping air and the offensive player is gone the other way.  So until you start executing whatever the game plan is, just shut up and play.   With any luck, he will calling out coaches on another team next year.  

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Swearinger needed to be benched the first time he did this. Insubordination is going to sink a ship. It ruins morale and makes everyone second guess leadership. That said, Swearinger seems to be right and it probably does need to be said because it's become to visible to all. The moment we lost Quinton Dunbar this team became a read/react, playing-scared of making mistakes kind of defense. More, once his defense was exposed pretty much every O exploited the same weakness and suddenly a top five defense became a bottom three defense. 

That shouldn't happen.

What we were doing yesterday did not work. Manusky also knows that we are relying on Norman who's a good/not elite corner, Moreau, a 7th round rookie and off the street free agents.  What's weird to me is we seemed somehow to being playing man without trying to pressure the QB.

Hard to tell on TV but were we in zone in the beginning of the game when Tenn marched down the field,  hitting some big throws down the middle, and then went in for a score?

Clinton Dix dropping the pick sealed the game.

That said, we have, as I've said all year, done atrociously when it comes to the late game defense. We barely ever pressure in the 4th when the game is on the line. When we do, it's a win. Carolina is a perfect example. They get all the way down the field because no pressure, and then on the FINAL third and fourth downs, we pressure and the game is over.

I remember some posters citing stats as opposed to looking at the field, and it was REALLY annoying. I would much rather have been wrong, as I love eating crow when it means we win, but this defensive play calling when the game is on the line had ALWAYS been bad.

I hated Swearinger and Norman calling out the fans in public, but I've got very little issue here. It would be different if it were Foster or some other trash player, but Swearinger is one of the few who care.

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m not a football guru but if you are in the wrong scheme (which is what DJ is suggesting) you can’t execute because you are out of position. Whether that is true or not i’m not and x and o fan to tell you.

This is the half of sports that separates teams that are well-coached from those that aren't, regardless of the individual players they have. Players are supposed to execute the play called.  Everyone on this board has seen 100% effort into the wrong play.

I’m not at all surprised Allen disagrees with Swearinger.  The D had bottled up Henry almost all game, got some good qb pressure, and even injured their qb.  So, from Allen’s POV, the front was put in a position to succeed.  OTOH, I can understand why Swearinger thinks the secondary was hung out to dry.  

4 hours ago, fordranger76 said:

Personally I cannot stand players going to the media and calling out coaches. True or not you handle that within the team. It shows a lack of unprofessionalism. There are other ways to handle that conversation and a hot take after a tough loss is not the way to do so. It's a losers mentality. I did not like it when Chris Baker got in Berry's face and I hate this kind of thing now. Not a Manusky fan but this is not the way to do it.

Well....  I can't say it's totally a losers mentality, because we damn sure wasn't winning when the players didn't talk to the media.  So why not try something else?  Manusky need to go, period.  Put his ass on blast on the way out the door.

3 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’m not at all surprised Allen disagrees with Swearinger.  The D had bottled up Henry almost all game, got some good qb pressure, and even injured their qb.  So, from Allen’s POV, the front was put in a position to succeed.  OTOH, I can understand why Swearinger thinks the secondary was hung out to dry.  

This is exactly what happened. 

I really like Jay, but I'm really getting tired of these mutinies on defense.  I'm going to watch to see what he does, see if he cares.

I think it's interesting that Allen directly contradicted Swearinger. He didn't need to do that to promote peace in the locker room. He could have said "we are players, and we are supposed to execute the plays that are called. If we aren't executing, we can't point the finger" or something. But he didn't go neutral, he directly contradicted Swearinger in outward support of Manusky. Either Swearinger isn't the leader in the locker room he is portrayed as or Allen is smart and knows this staff isn't going anywhere, might as well be a company man. 

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is exactly what happened. 

I really like Jay, but I'm really getting tired of these mutinies on defense.  I'm going to watch to see what he does, see if he cares.

Doubt he has the balls to do anything. This team is taking on water and leaking fans and he didn't even do anything about a player caught on social media saying "**** this team and **** the fans". He did nothing. In fact, he defended Foster. He has no balls whatsoever. 

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think it's interesting that Allen directly contradicted Swearinger. He didn't need to do that to promote peace in the locker room. He could have said "we are players, and we are supposed to execute the plays that are called. If we aren't executing, we can't point the finger" or something. But he didn't go neutral, he directly contradicted Swearinger in outward support of Manusky. Either Swearinger isn't the leader in the locker room he is portrayed as or Allen is smart and knows this staff isn't going anywhere, might as well be a company man. 

Interesting point.  Direct threats needs direct responses, Allen may be trying to be more of a leader regardless of who's here by defending him in context.  This was a direct rebuke to DJ on this particular game.  We called a scheme that held the Titans to under 20 points before the pick 6, a more aggressive defense might of shut them out, especially with their backup QB out there.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Doubt he has the balls to do anything. This team is taking on water and leaking fans and he didn't even do anything about a player caught on social media saying "**** this team and **** the fans". He did nothing. In fact, he defended Foster. He has no balls whatsoever. 

I wish people would realize that as a professional coach, you are supposed to keep the team from looking unprofessional regardless of the talent you have as much as possible.  This is what bad franchises that get superstars and still can't win rings don't understand.

Archived