Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: The "Take Me Behind The Woodshed" Episode

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this battle for futility?

One thing is for sure, remove everything else out of the equation and just look at the 6-6 record and where it has the 'Skins in regards to possible playoff berth positioning, they are still very much in it.  To me, if the team does not come out and act like they care, if they aren't pumped up and playing with a sense of urgency, then it is a sign that we either need to get rid of a  bunch of players in the offseason or clean house on the coaching staff.

It'd be different if this was Week 14 and the team had only 2-3 wins, then it is sort of understandable, but at 6-6, there is no reason for the team to approach the rest of the season like they aren't fighting their arses off to get into the playoffs.  If they don't do that, something more than X's & O's is wrong with this team.

This isn't to say they are good enough to win 4 straight games.  They could very well lose games and finish with a losing record, but the effort needs to be there.

17 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

This is all you need to know about our team right now, my guess is the players ****ing were mostly on defense because the offense has a bunch of fill-ins and guys who don't have that type of personality.

The team is still 6-6 and these guys are ****ing about having to practice when they obviously need as much as they can get, it speaks volumes.

No doubt, it's bull. FOOTBALL IS YOUR JOB PEOPLE! Complaining about practice when you're 6-6 and making endless cash...really? Not a good look imo.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

To me, if the team does not come out and act like they care, if they aren't pumped up and playing with a sense of urgency, then it is a sign that we either need to get rid of a  bunch of players in the offseason or clean house on the coaching staff.

The fact they had the nerve to **** to me says it all, it shows a lack of respect for the job, team, and coach.

How can these players not understand why Jay needed them in pads, we have 2 brand new guards and QB, how in the world do they expect them to get up to speed, based on the way they acted I think the answer is they don't care, they would rather feel sorry for themselves.

19 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have some ocean front property in Idaho I’d love to sell you. Good price. 

Said another way, Paloffs is now.

If Sanchez's press conference doesn't pump you where you are feeling a victory is on the way, then there is just no satisfying you.  😎

Maybe this will get you pumped up

11 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Doohhhh there it is lol hahaha.. damn it I wish I would have stocked up on those big Johnson shirts while I had a chance... I'd wear one each game 

They're on ebay, I bought a few shirts about a year ago.

Um, is ES infected? I keep seeing blocks from Norton about malicious domain..

2 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Me too..the es infected thing

2 hours ago, skins island connection said:

If it ain't at Walmart I can't buy it...eBay?..is that by San Francisco haha I kid I kid

Delivering milk today thinking about tomorrow, thinking of how much I need Redskins football right now actually.. I can't wait win or lose you know will have a big play or two or three here n there that'll be exciting ..between hope and what I just described that's basically all we have... Hail to the Redskins.. sweep them G-Men!!

These next 4 games feel a bit like the preseason - a chance to evaluate certain players, but the record doesn’t really matter.  

To take this a step further, if feels like our corners and oline are mostly depth guys auditioning for the future, our ILBs will be off the team soon, and we’re playing a rookie qb that we just want to see some flashes from.  

With all of that said, I will be impressed if they manage to win 1 or more.  

19 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Let's see: 

OBJ - Out

Collins Out

Giants - playing for pride but nothing more

Redskins clinging to fainting playoff hopes and desperately need a win

It's clear as day the Redskins lose this and lose it badly. 

Yeah just saw OBJ.  Now I tend to hear teams don't play for draft position and I mostly believe that.  But this one is interesting -- both teams arguably need a QB in this draft, the Redskins have a shot to leapfrog the Giants with a higher pick if they lost this one considering the Giants arguably are more likely to win one more in the last three games.  That's my conspiracy theory.  😎

Beckham isn't playing. How many times have we seen a first-year player or journeyman suit up against this team and hear the announcers say "That's the first time in NFL history that a 92-year old receiver has caught 3 TDs in a game".....or something crazy like that. Let's hope this week proves an exception to that trend. Team needs to be focused and prepared.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

At least we don't have to worry about OBJ going video game mode on us.  Seriously, if we win the turnover battle, we should win this game, especially now.

Really? With Sanchez at QB, no offensive line, and a defense that has been terrible for a month?

We'd be hard pressed to beat Appalachian St. right now, much less a actual NFL team.

20 minutes ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

Evan Engram is playing so that is good.  They may line him up as a WR with OBJ out.  Sterling Shepard is a go too.  And Landon Collins is more than just out, he is done for the year.

Tom, have you seen our injury report. It likes it was taken from Normandy.

Player  Pos Type Class Details
Arie Kouandjio G Quadricep I-R Kouandjio is on the injured reserve list due to a torn quadriceps.
Cam Sims WR Ankle I-R Sims suffered a high-ankle sprain and is on the injured reserve list as a result.
Tyler Catalina G Shoulder I-R Catalina has been placed on injured reserve after having a procedure performed on his shoulder.
Troy Apke S Hamstring I-R Apke is on the injured reserve list due to a hamstring injury.
Cassanova McKinzy LB Pectoral I-R McKinzy has been placed on injured reserve due to a torn pectoral.
Alex Smith QB Shin I-R Smith had surgery to repair a broken right tibia and fibula and is on the injured reserve list.
Robert Kelley RB Toe I-R Kelley has landed on injured reserve due to a toe injury.
Geron Christian T Knee I-R Christian Sr. has been designated for injured reserve due to a torn MCL in his knee.
Paul Richardson WR Shoulder I-R Richardson Jr. is on injured reserve due to an AC joint injury in his shoulder.
Brandon Scherff G Pectoral I-R Scherff has landed on the injured reserve list as he tore his left pectoral muscle.
Shawn Lauvao OL Knee I-R Lauvao has been placed on the injured reserve list due to a torn ACL in his right knee.
Trey Quinn WR Ankle I-R Quinn has been placed on the injured reserve list with an ankle injury.
Quinton Dunbar CB Shin I-R Dunbar is on injured reserve with a shin injury.
Jonathan Cooper OL Bicep I-R Cooper sustained a torn biceps muscle and is on the injured reserve list.
Derrius Guice RB Knee I-R Guice is on injured reserve with a torn ACL in his left knee.
Robert Davis WR Leg I-R Davis has been designated for injured reserve after suffering a broken leg and a torn LCL.
Manasseh Garner TE Knee I-R Garner has been placed on the injured reserve list with a torn ACL.
Reuben Foster LB Personal out Foster has been placed on the commissioner's exempt list by the NFL while the league reviews an off-field incident he was recently involved in.
Tony Bergstrom C Ankle out Bergstrom exited the previous game due to a right ankle injury and will not line up against the Giants on Sunday.
Colt McCoy QB Shin out McCoy is expected to miss the remainder of the season due to a fractured right fibula.
Josh Doctson WR Hip questionable Docston has a hip injury and it is unclear if he will play Sunday against the Giants.
Zach Brown LB Illness questionable Brown is ailing from an illness and it is unknown if it will prevent him from playing against the Giants on Sunday.
Trent Williams T Thumb questionable Williams is tending to thumb and wrist injuries. It has yet to be established if he will face the Giants on Sunday.
Morgan Moses T Knee questionable Moses is nursing a knee injury and it is uncertain if he will be available against the Giants on Sunday.
Chase Roullier C Knee questionable Roullier is dealing with a knee injury and it is unknown if he will suit up Sunday against the Giants.
Ryan Anderson LB Hamstring questionable Anderson departed the previous game due to a hamstring injury and it is undetermined if he will be in the lineup against the Giants on Sunday.
Matthew Ioannidis DE Shin questionable Ioannidis sat out the last game with a shin injury and it is unknown if it will impede his status Sunday against the Giants.
Samaje Perine RB Knee questionable Perine has missed the past three games with injuries to his knee and calf. It is unclear if he will return Sunday against the Giants.
Fabian Moreau CB Knee probable Moreau was lifted from the previous game due to a knee injury but it is not expected to affect his status for Sunday's matchup against the Giants.
Montae Nicholson S Illness probable Nicholson is ailing from an illness but the symptoms are likely to subside in time for Sunday's tilt against the Giants.
Josh Norman CB Hamstring probable Norman is battling a hamstring injury but is expected to line up against the Giants on Sunday.
Adrian Peterson RB Shoulder probable Peterson is expected to play Sunday against the Giants despite a shoulder injury.

29 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Really? With Sanchez at QB, no offensive line, and a defense that has been terrible for a month?

We'd be hard pressed to beat Appalachian St. right now, much less a actual NFL team.

Talk about hyperbole. 

Alex Smith was ineffective, but he wasn't turning the ball over and thus we were winning games.  Colt comes in and is turning the ball over, we haven't won a game since.  Terrible is not a fair assessment when its now being asked to try to hold off offensive on short fields, asking for it.  They were all over Watson and we are still 8th in the NFL in points allowed and 9th in redzone defense.

Limit the turnovers, don't give up on the run, don't let teams score TDs every time they get in the redzone.  Against a 4-8 team at home without their best player, ya, way more realistic then being let on.

2 hours ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

Evan Engram is playing so that is good.  They may line him up as a WR with OBJ out.  Sterling Shepard is a go too.  And Landon Collins is more than just out, he is done for the year.

Bummer deal about Landon..it scares me when we play the G-Men knowing he's roaming back there.. best wishes to him hopefully he recovers good and soon...loooove watching him play!

A 3rd string QB who might know about 24 plays out of 200, behind a makeshift O-line, with 1 week of practice = against a NY team playing confident, beating the division leading bears, and playing their best football of the season. How embarrassing to be a Giant or a fan of them after Sanchez is through with them! Takes another drink and says, yep, we might have to rest Mark by the end of the 3rd qrt, I figure no less then 35 points by then. With Bruce Jenner donating his testicles to Manusky,  our defense will strait up ball out! 25 yards rushing on 15 attempts for Barkley, 7 sacks, 3 picks and 1 for a TD. One down 3 to go, who else wants some? Beast of the East coming out of Washington this year America, See you in the Super Bowl!

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Talk about hyperbole. 

Alex Smith was ineffective, but he wasn't turning the ball over and thus we were winning games.  Colt comes in and is turning the ball over, we haven't won a game since.  Terrible is not a fair assessment when its now being asked to try to hold off offensive on short fields, asking for it.  They were all over Watson and we are still 8th in the NFL in points allowed and 9th in redzone defense.

Limit the turnovers, don't give up on the run, don't let teams score TDs every time they get in the redzone.  Against a 4-8 team at home without their best player, ya, way more realistic then being let on.

Let me fix this for you.

Alex Smith was ineffective, and he wasn't turning the ball over.......or scoring. The defense was playing top 5 and AD was the offense. Then, the Defense goes from top 5 to somewhere in the 20's and can't stop the run or pass. Meanwhile the offensive line is have to sign guys off the street for........................guys that were signed off the street. Speaking of which, is exactly the same situation with our QB, who was signed off the street less than 2 weeks ago and is only here because he knows the verbage, not because he was the best guy available.

Limit turnovers and.........you still manage ONLY 235 yards in total offense isn't going to do anything. Going against a team that has won 3 out of it's last 4, just beat the Bears and is on a roll. Also, they always give us problems and considering we already beat them earlier this year, and now we have to go play them in NY (where we always struggle) it's pretty obvious how this is going to go down.

You know what's more realistic? NY going 8-8. And that is not very realistic.

Archived