Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY #REDSKINS SENIOR VP OF PLAYER PERSONNEL D. WILLAMS

TK

Jeeze...this is so simple...he's guilty cut him, if it turns out he's falsely accused, keep him on the roster, get him help, and suspend him 2 games to teach him to stay away from certain people.

In no way does claiming him support DV.

What it does show is that everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Hell I dont even think this guy is on the Redskins payroll at this time.  Redskins have claimed rights to him...nothing else.

I guess Doug and "Rueben" are on a first name basis already, how cute.

So basically "Despite that every other NFL team passed on him, we got to thinking we have Alabama players, and HE played at Alabama, so we could spin it as that means he didnt hit anyone!  Oh, and Bruce Allen really is desperate to save his job, and believes the work he has done bringing in players is so poor we need help"

On 11/27/2018 at 5:58 PM, TK said:

"  That being said, we decided to investigate the situation with Reuben further by claiming his rights after candid conversations with a number of his ex-Alabama teammates and current Redskins players who were overwhelmingly supportive of us taking this chance."

I don't like being lied to, and this apparently isn't a great statement to make when there were players who appear to not have been talked to...

Confirmed People who spoke to the front office about Foster:

None

Confirmed did not speak to the Front Office:

Jonathan Allen

Haha Clinton-Dix

I dislike domestic violence so strongly..... THe situation with this Ex, Is not clear to me from media reports yet what is going. The investigation is pending.  If he's on the Commissioner exempt list, fine, I don't know how you could let a guy play or leave his current zipcode while under investigation anyways.  What confuses me is Doug going out and apologizing for something today.  I must have missed a bit of news, but we continue to look like a front office with ZERO PR skill.  Whether decision is Golden or wasted breath will tell in time, but its frustrating to see our franchise in these situations seemingly all the time.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:01 PM, superozman said:

I don't like being lied to, and this apparently isn't a great statement to make when there were players who appear to not have been talked to...

Confirmed People who spoke to the front office about Foster:

None

Confirmed did not speak to the Front Office:

Jonathan Allen

Haha Clinton-Dix

I disagree with this. Jonathan Allen and Foster are very close. Conversations will have taken place. We don't find everything out. And our FO communications suck. 

But i I would wager anything that Jonathan Allen has had some form of input, on a purely informative basis, on Foster being acquired. 

2 hours ago, Veretax said:

What confuses me is Doug going out and apologizing for something today.  I must have missed a bit of news,

Yeah, me too. I just watched Jay's presser, Doug came out first and made a big apology for "something that he had said". 

DW has always seemed like a top bloke and this has surprised me.  Anyone know what he said? 

1. If these two weren’t dating or married at the time why is it considered “domestic” violence? I always thought that was described for people in a relationship no? 

2. Do we know what happened yet? Did he beat her? Is she bruised, injured, etc? Could it be something as simple as grabbing her by the arms and moving her?

1 hour ago, dyst said:

2. Do we know what happened yet? Did he beat her? Is she bruised, injured, etc? Could it be something as simple as grabbing her by the arms and moving her?

From what I understand he slapped a phone away from her face, pushed her and hit/slapped her in the face with an open hand.

Doug's "small potatoes" comment is much worse than the Redskins claiming foster.  To claim foster and say we took a flyer on him until we got all the facts and the situation plays itself out is one thing.  Calling a potential dv situation "small potatoes" is pouring gasoline on a spark.  Probably about the worst response you could possibly have.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:36 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I disagree with this. Jonathan Allen and Foster are very close. Conversations will have taken place. We don't find everything out. And our FO communications suck. 

But i I would wager anything that Jonathan Allen has had some form of input, on a purely informative basis, on Foster being acquired. 

You can disagree with it all you want, it was confirmed Allen did not speak to them before the signing.  a couple others appeared to have, but those two were on record not speaking to Allen.

Archived