Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norman, enough is enough!

rabidskin

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I think Norman has had a pretty good run here in DC...and a pretty solid 2018.

And he’s smart as a whip.  He’s been here long enough to know what a sad-sack fan base we have.  And he’s been here long enough to call it out.

Deal with it.

Don't know the majority of games you have been watching but as you can see, the long time fans are sick of dealing with it and the sell-out run is over...the fan base has been historically fantastic and supportive and for 50 sell-out years have been here long enough to call out certain sad-sack prima-donna's whose mouths are far greater than their talent.  What's worse is when the teams own players start to point it out themselves. The FO can deal with the empty seats...Seats are empty...deal with it.

Norman's ego is more hyped by himself than anyone else.

He goes on Fox GameDay or whatever its called, and talks a good game but this year he hasn't played up to it.

The secondary seems more focused on trying to strip the ball instead of making a solid tackle, and then the WR/TE shakes them off and gains more yardage.

This is coaching; Manusky has to beat it into their heads to play fundamental football, and to stop giving such huge cushions, or teams will simply march down the field and score.  It seems that the coaching staff is hoping the d-line will do the job so it doesn't get to the secondary.

Regardless, Norman wants the attention and can't stand to be called out; too damn bad punk, do your job and you won't be called the bum that you are!

4 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Norman's ego is more hyped by himself than anyone else.

He goes on Fox GameDay or whatever its called, and talks a good game but this year he hasn't played up to it.

The secondary seems more focused on trying to strip the ball instead of making a solid tackle, and then the WR/TE shakes them off and gains more yardage.

This is coaching; Manusky has to beat it into their heads to play fundamental football, and to stop giving such huge cushions, or teams will simply march down the field and score.  It seems that the coaching staff is hoping the d-line will do the job so it doesn't get to the secondary.

Regardless, Norman wants the attention and can't stand to be called out; too damn bad punk, do your job and you won't be called the bum that you are!

Could not say it any better!  What is sad is that we finally have a defensive line so the DB's job is much easier and they do much worse instead.  Swearinger is the only great DB we have and would be even better with some help.

Norman's primary contribution to the Redskins is his ability to keep the other team's drives alive in critical third-down situations.  He does this in two ways:  (1) by incessantly holding WRs and (2) by deftly backing off just far enough to allow receivers to catch the ball in front of him for gimme first downs.

And there you have it.  The Josh Norman way of sucking the life out of the fan base and this defense.  He is not a borderline star or pro bowl player.  He is just one of a number of over-payed football players in the NFL.  

I am not a fan of his.  The sooner he leaves the better.

On 11/23/2018 at 5:58 AM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Norman is still a good corner. He's just on a vastly over inflated contract.

Get his money down by 25-35% and I'd keep him. Current contract in 2019 and he's done here. I'd take a guess that he'd be quite happy if we cut him loose.

Thank you, He is still the best coverman we have and people on E.S. want him benched lol. It was like in September when people were calling for Kerrigans head. As bad as our front office has been over the years I'm glad they are making the decisions and not this message board.

5 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Thank you, He is still the best coverman we have and people on E.S. want him benched lol. It was like in September when people were calling for Kerrigans head. As bad as our front office has been over the years I'm glad they are making the decisions and not this message board.

Norman is the best corner we have and he should have been on Cooper on every down. JN may not be the best cover guy in the league but he is better than a injured Dunbar. Josh is a good tackler and at worse he could have held Coop till help arrived and those long TDs could have been stopped. Jay is in dreamland thinking a injured Dunbar can cover Cooper 1 on 1. We all knew the Cowboys were going to try and get him the ball as much as pos so they could gloat about how smart they were getting him, that is everyone but Jay. One thing Belacheck does is to take away the other teams best and it does not sink in with Jay. Cheers.

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Norman is the best corner we have and he should have been on Cooper on every down. JN may not be the best cover guy in the league but he is better than a injured Dunbar. Josh is a good tackler and at worse he could have held Coop till help arrived and those long TDs could have been stopped. Jay is in dreamland thinking a injured Dunbar can cover Cooper 1 on 1. We all knew the Cowboys were going to try and get him the ball as much as pos so they could gloat about how smart they were getting him, that is everyone but Jay. One thing Belacheck does is to take away the other teams best and it does not sink in with Jay. Cheers.

pretty sure the Defensive Coordiantor calls the defense when you have an offensive minded head coach

5 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Wait nevermind he's on fox today.

Of course he's on Fox.  Why would this #1 cover corner need to study game film.  He never gets beat for 1st downs or TDs.  This clown probably jumps at the opportunity to get in front of a camera every chance he gets.  What a waste of money

Yea, Norman was just on the pregame show, blabbering on about how the offense defense and special teams were not on the same page with each other.

NO, FOOL, they are 3 different aspects of the game with 3 different responsibilities!

He said there was poor tackling and how Cooper and the Cowboys were 'allowed' to dictate what they wanted to do. Yes, that's called playing passive defense; let the players catch the ball THEN tackle the guy. Problem was, they shouldn't have played so far off, and they should have tried tackling instead of trying to get a strip.

He didn't even sound confident about the next 5 games; he said 'we are 6-5 tied for the division lead with Dallas and lets pump the brakes.'

Pump his ****ing ass, he's been riding the brakes all year.

Maybe norman spent most of his time preparing for the game day show than he did for the game against Dallas.

This guy doesn't care about what he's doing on the field he cares about selling himself of the field. The guy has the nerve to call out the fans that don't show up to the game. This team has been grabage from the time I can remember and I'm 33. Yet Norman thinks fans should spend there hard earned money on a garbage product. 

He should apologize for what he said a few weeks back. If you want fans to show up. Stop being the laughing stock of the NFC East.

32 minutes ago, Darc Requiem said:

This fanbase man. Reading through this thread, I would have thought Norman was the reason we lost on Thursday. Of course I actually watched the game. Bad tackling and an injured Dunbar on Cooper were the biggest issues.

Maybe he should just shut his ****ing mouth and then he won’t be target?

5 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Maybe he should just shut his ****ing mouth and then he won’t be target?

If you think that is the case, you don't know this fanbase. The same fanbase that hated Vinny Cerrato and after he finally got canned kept campaigning for Cerrato like moves. Last I checked, Doctson hasn't said a damn thing and he's still a target.

21 minutes ago, Darc Requiem said:

If you think that is the case, you don't know this fanbase. The same fanbase that hated Vinny Cerrato and after he finally got canned kept campaigning for Cerrato like moves. Last I checked, Doctson hasn't said a damn thing and he's still a target.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but that part in bold, I don't know about....almost every post I've seen lately regarding doctson are that he is quietly having a good few weeks and making plays for us. im sure there was a better example you could've used than doctson :P 

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

The Front Office....lol   Yes, great decisions....then why are we in last place consistently and Norman stops 1 out of 10 times from getting 1st downs.  Great decision trading away Fuller and letting Sean McVay sign with the Rams...Too many poor decisions to list here.  Norman shows how pathetic our pass defense is if he is our best coverman because he can't stop anyone. Swearinger only good DB we have.  Enjoy watching the rest of the year because wins will be few....it's rare to be in first place as the Eagles, Dallas and giants gift wrapped the East  for us only to watch the Redskins /Gruden meltdown.  More upcoming holding calls and 3rd and long giveaways by Norman, which you have not noticed I guess.  

11 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

This guy doesn't care about what he's doing on the field he cares about selling himself of the field. The guy has the nerve to call out the fans that don't show up to the game. This team has been grabage from the time I can remember and I'm 33. Yet Norman thinks fans should spend there hard earned money on a garbage product. 

He should apologize for what he said a few weeks back. If you want fans to show up. Stop being the laughing stock of the NFC East.

Exactly! You hit the nail on the head....The "Mouth" needs to shut up and be a shutdown CB for the salary he's getting.  Dez was right saying he's all talk and no game.  3rd and 7-8 yds to go and they throw to Norman's direction for a reason.  He's just not as good as he thinks he is but don't attack the fans. Especially ones like me that started going to their games before Sonny Jergensen.  Been around long enough to know when it's time to start booing his inept abilities to prevent TD's and 1st downs.

Norman is by far our best CB. I don't get the mentality of singling him out. He has problems, and his paycheck doesn't match his play. Agreed. But he is by far our best CB. He has influenced the whole D to force turnovers by punching the ball out and I'd bet a big part of the Skins ability to force turnovers stems from him.

His paycheck would need to be reduced to keep him, though.

But I'm more concerned with guys who we rely on to be contributors that aren't ever on the field (Crowder, Thompson, etc) costing us money. And huge contracts for guys like Moses.

17 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but that part in bold, I don't know about....almost every post I've seen lately regarding doctson are that he is quietly having a good few weeks and making plays for us. im sure there was a better example you could've used than doctson :P 

It was more a reference to an entire thread about Doctson and whether he cares. 😉

Archived