Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Schiltz Magic

TK

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn’t gather that theGreatBuzz was actually sitting in front of his tv rooting for the Bucs.  Just that winning these ugly games can end up fools gold, buying time for folks that should have ran out of it already while also selecting later in the first round. 

Now that is some losers mentality BS right there.  You play to win the game.  Just win, baby.  Winning is everything.  Etc etc etc.

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How do they have a longer winning streak than they have wins? That’s some magic right there :) 

6 game winning streak (going from 0-3 to 6-3). Not 7. 

That means they are prime for a loss especially since they had a bye this week to halt the momentum 

What a strange season. The Bucs gave us the game, let's be honest here. Our QB sucks, we continue to win despite him but that will obviously catch up with us at some point. This has to be the most flawed 6-3 team I have ever seen, it's a freaking miracle is what it is. But I will never be upset that my team is in first place in mid-November. 

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

What a strange season. The Bucs gave us the game, let's be honest here. Our QB sucks, we continue to win despite him but that will obviously catch up with us at some point. This has to be the most flawed 6-3 team I have ever seen, it's a freaking miracle is what it is. But I will never be upset that my team is in first place in mid-November. 

While I dont disagree, years past we would have thrown the win back and forth to them like a hot potato. We're 6-0 with a lead this year. We dont do that anymore. When we lose, we do it in spectacular fashion and Houston will be a great test to see how our revamped secondary does, but we're winning the winnable games and that's a new thing for us.

We've hovered around being a .500 team for the last few years, but we're finally on the plus side of it.

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

While I dont disagree, years past we would have thrown the win back and forth to them like a hot potato. We're 6-0 with a lead this year. We dont do that anymore. When we lose, we do it in spectacular fashion and Houston will be a great test to see how our revamped secondary does, but we're winning the winnable games and that's a new thing for us.

We've hovered around being a .500 team for the last few years, but we're finally on the plus side of it.

I'm not so concerned with the secondary as I am with Houston's front d-line vs the Redskins patchwork o-line.

JJ Watt, Clowney and Mercilus, well rested, that doesn't sound good at all. Alex Smith may find a hibernating mole after being drilled into the ground.

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I am tired of bringing up what we had before, it doesn't do any good.  What we have now is just mediocre at best.  If this D comes across a high octane offense, we don't have a guy that can put the team on his back.  Hell, we don't have a guy that could crack 200 yards against the ****tiest pass defense in the league

Also it's not helping Smith missing Thompson and Crowder. They will boost this offense for sure when they return, especially Thompson, he is a play maker. I just hope they are both back before we go to Dallas Thanksgiving then Philly.

5 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

Today's game is the greatest example, in the history of the NFL, of "bend but don't break".  We gave up about 500 yards of offense, but only 3 points. Historical game!

Yes it was, Manusky's game plan worked well and some posters are still calling him out.

Stroman is a raw, 22 year old rookie CB playing against a veteran QB with the highest yards-per-pass average in the league. He was obviously told to play off of his man, keep everything in front of him and don't get beat deep. This is the epitome of bend but don't break and it worked perfectly. He gave up a lot of yards, but no TDs and even got an interception.

Glass half empty = The next time that we get gashed for 500 yards, we won't only concede 3 points.

Glass half full = The next time that we only concede 3 points, we won't get gashed for 500 yards.

I think that Manusky should be praised for his game plan.

Just now, skins island connection said:

I'm not so concerned with the secondary as I am with Houston's front d-line vs the Redskins patchwork o-line.

JJ Watt, Clowney and Mercilus, well rested, that doesn't sound good at all. Alex Smith may find a hibernating mole after being drilled into the ground.

Hey, we were super excited to go against Atlanta and their battered oline and look what happened. ?

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Man, things really broke nicely for us this weekend. 

Indeed.

The Redskins won. :815:

The eagles lost, giving us back our two game lead in the NFC East. :eagles_suck:

The cowboys won (ugh!), but some sacrifices had to be made. :dallas_sucks:

Now, we just need the 49ers to beat the lowly giants tonight, and it will be a great weekend. :giantssuck:

2 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Oddly enough, short of strip sacks, I'm not too concerned about that.  We cant do anything in the passing game anyway, what will be different?  Smith will throw for 150 yards instead of 175? lol 

He's gonna do what he always does, checkdowns.

I'm actually more concerned about the run game, because they are stout against the run.

3 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Even the very brief consideration of an OL like Bergstrom versus JJ Watt. LOL, so many eager salivations at once may just drown out the forum. 

15 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Tampa Bay got 501 yards & 3 points dude ?

Yup, sure did.  

Pittsburgh had 457 yards and 52 points.

New Orleans had 509 yards and 51 points

Buffalo had 451 yards and 41 points

LA had 456 yards and 36 points

Tampa Bay had 501 yards and 3 points

One of these is not like the others.  If you want to keep hoisting up Tampa gaining 501 yards and only scoring 3 points as something that's not an oddball stat and a recipe for success in winning games in the NFL....please pass me the moonshine.

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yup, sure did.  

Pittsburgh had 457 yards and 52 points.

New Orleans had 509 yards and 51 points

Buffalo had 451 yards and 41 points

LA had 456 yards and 36 points

Tampa Bay had 501 yards and 3 points

One of these is not like the others.  If you want to keep hoisting up Tampa gaining 501 yards and only scoring 3 points as something that's not an oddball stat and a recipe for success in winning games in the NFL....please pass me the moonshine.

+11 turnover differential.  

29 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

“Yards” are fools gold.

See also: Kirk Cousins

The ultimate fools gold QB.  Vikings fans are learning slowly.  When it hits them like a ton of bricks they’ll stand stunned and in disbelief like Saints fans in that playoff game last season ?

19 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It was around 4th turnover that it stopped being Tampa giving us the game versus us taking it, for me anyways.  500 yards is bad, way we held in redzone was a miracle after miracle to point i realized it wasn't a miracle anymore, the d can create turnovers.

Against the turnover prone Bucs...

23 hours ago, petey hodge said:

12 hours ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

Also it's not helping Smith missing Thompson and Crowder. They will boost this offense for sure when they return, especially Thompson, he is a play maker. I just hope they are both back before we go to Dallas Thanksgiving then Philly.

I for one hope they are back for the Houston game

13 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Sucks so bad his record as QB is 75-34-1 since 2011 ?️♂️

12 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Indeed.

The Redskins won. :815:

The eagles lost, giving us back our two game lead in the NFC East. :eagles_suck:

The cowboys won (ugh!), but some sacrifices had to be made. :dallas_sucks:

Now, we just need the 49ers to beat the lowly giants tonight, and it will be a great weekend. :giantssuck:

actually I wouldnt mind if the gnats won. I dont want then having first pick in the draft

35 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

actually I wouldnt mind if the gnats won. I dont want then having first pick in the draft

I hear ya, but first pick, second pick.

Eh. Either way, they will get a good blue-chip player.

So they might as well go ahead and lose tonight. :giantssuck:

Archived