Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread

PleaseBlitz

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Man, that is a heartbreaker for Auburn.  To lose on such a ticky tack little foul call.

Kudos to Kyle Guy for draining those FTs though.  He's got some balls.

Yeah, that’s a tough call because that type of play happens a lot during the course of the game. So to call it there will generate some discussion. 

However, the mistake was fouling after UVA lost the ball in the backcourt. I know the orders were to foul with the foul to give, but as soon as he dribbled off his foot, the play was already messed up. Fouling there gave UVA a chance to organize and run a play. That foul, not the one on the 3, is what ultimately lost the game for Auburn.

2 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Yeah, that’s a tough call because that type of play happens a lot during the course of the game. So to call it there will generate some discussion. 

However, the mistake was fouling after UVA lost the ball in the backcourt. I know the orders were to foul with the foul to give, but as soon as he dribbled off his foot, the play was already messed up. Fouling there gave UVA a chance to organize and run a play. That foul, not the one on the 3, is what ultimately lost the game for Auburn. 

Yeah, in that situation you need players who can go off script and recognize the smart play to make has changed from what you've drawn up.

UVA is a good team and they'll absolutely make you pay for mistakes.  Credit to them for this run they've made.  They're good enough to win it all.

You know what, I didn't notice it when it happened, but yeah that was a double dribble. Auburn dude definitely fouled Guy though.

There were a couple sketchy calls that went against UVA that I can recall. I remember one play where Jerome got all ball but was whistled. 

This is Texas Tech's world.  You can't let them dictate the game flow like this.  They love grinding.

Texas Tech fights on everything.  Even on a breakaway lay up they get up and goal tend it.  Their toughness is unbelievable.

Oh boy.  If that kid gets hurt, that'd be really tough for Texas Tech to overcome.  He is an animal.  Love the way he plays.

A lot of players would miss one of those free throws and that game goes to OT, look at Zion missing the front end of that 1 and 1 with 14 seconds left and down one to UCF, that's a ridiculous amount of pressure to step up and make all three.

Barkley was classy in defeat.

Archived