Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread

PleaseBlitz

March is a month without mercy for rabid basketball fans. There is no such thing as a 'gentleman gambler' when the Big Dance rolls around. All sheep will be fleeced, all fools will be punished severely... There are no Rules when the deal goes down in the final weeks of March. Even your good friends will turn into monsters.

30 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’ll never get tired of overrated Kentucky getting shown the door in the Elite Eight, so I’m thrilled with this news.

UK served notice to the rest of the league today. Ya'll can hate, that's your right. You however cannot deny his success. You can laugh when we lose, you cannot say that he is not among the most successful coaches in NCAA D1 men's basketball.

When he started at UK they said, "The story of the NBA could be told without Kentucky." No longer. Simply the winningest coach of tbe past decade.

34 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Final Four in the tournament and we've dedicated the better part of a page in this thread to a team that lost. :ols: 

ASF, the Commonwealth of Kentucky already has their own thread this stuff can be posted in: 

That's funny, but since no one cares about those in the Final Four the topic was bound to shift to a news story worthy of significance.

32 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You know who also has a lifetime contract at Kentucky?

Mitch McConnell.

I hear he eats at Olive Garden too because he likes an authentic menu.

If you ever seen that 30 for 30 on Calipari you will understand that guy genuinely cares for his kids and they love him. He is one of the best coaches in college basketball and the highest paid too. I wish him well as he fulfills the rest of his coaching career in Kentucky. 

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

If you ever seen that 30 for 30 on Calipari you will understand that guy genuinely cares for his kids and they love him. He is one of the best coaches in college basketball and the highest paid too. I wish him well as he fulfills the rest of his coaching career in Kentucky. 

It's required viewing here in the Commonwealth. That was an absolutely fair on the controversies as well, Camby's improper gifts that he received as well as playing Rose while he was under investigation.

Haters claim that Cal must have known that Camby was working with an agent, and shouldn't have played Rose. The questions in my mind are simply, why has there never been ANY evidence that Cal knew about Camby and the agent. The other question is if Rose was cleared and Cal benched him he would have been responsible for costing that player a full year.

Interestingly, when Enes Cantor showed up under investigation, Cal did bench him the entire season.

16 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

UK served notice to the rest of the league today. Ya'll can hate, that's your right. You however cannot deny his success. You can laugh when we lose, you cannot say that he is not among the most successful coaches in NCAA D1 men's basketball.

When he started at UK they said, "The story of the NBA could be told without Kentucky." No longer. Simply the winningest coach of tbe past decade.

Once the one and done rule goes away.  I'm curious how much that will impact the overall win/loss totals of both Kentucky and Duke.  I also find it humorous that Coach K is all like "NCAA isn't ready for it to go away" garbage.  Bruh, you assembled a super team that should have coasted to the championship game and instead got beat in the elite 8.   It's you that is not ready for the change.  We were fine before it in 2005 and we will be fine without it in 2022.

I'm still a firm believer that experience gives you the better shot at winning it all instead of putting it in the hands of a bunch of freshmen.  Since the one and done era, only twice has it yielded a champion (KY in 2012, Duke in 2015).  

42 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'm still a firm believer that experience gives you the better shot at winning it all instead of putting it in the hands of a bunch of freshmen.  Since the one and done era, only twice has it yielded a champion (KY in 2012, Duke in 2015).  

2010 🏆

10 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Can’t we wait until next year’s thread to discuss Calipari since they’re not ****ing playing anymore and only one person on this site gives a **** about UK?

Oh I apologize, I didn't see where this was a thread reserved for only teams that are playing. Not sure why Duke keeps getting talked about tho if that's the case. LoL

That's the beauty of UK/Calipari, we are worthy of plenty of off season discussion. That and unlike most fanbases we pay attention to basketball all year long.

Archived