18 Mississippi St 0-0 451
19 Michigan 0-0 437
20 TCU 0-0 311
21 UCLA 0-0 297
22 Clemson 0-0 268
23 LSU 0-0 187
24 Purdue 0-0 170
25 Washington 0-0 165

I fully expect Kansas to beat up on Michigan State.  But I hope to hell it is otherwise.  I have hated Kansas since I was in college, when during the NCAA tournament Michigan State played Kansas (this was during the Scott Skiles era at Michigan State).  The regionals happened to be in Kansas that year, so they were playing on Kansas' home court.  MSU was ahead, but there was a "clock malfunction" that gave Kansas a blatant home field advantage (or cheating as I like to call it) by the clock operator, has made me hate them ever since.

Beating them in the tournament in 2009 was nice, but I hope MSU kicks their asses.

3 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Is this a serious question?  K will always have plenty of white boy goons to hate on.  

Not a college fan. So I was tuning in a little just to see Zion and Barrett in their first game. Those 'goons' you speak of make themselves recognized pretty quickly. Didn't really notice any.

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

?

image.jpeg.46964af55aba460fabe0a4ba16815e54.jpeg

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Your boys are loaded again.  I knew Barrett and Zion were legit, but Reddish and Jones have the goods as well.  Gonna be a tough out.

This is rarified air, what I've seen tonight. Totally different from the senior laden, tough, role guy team of 2010. More top end freshman talent and deeper bench than 2015. There's about as much internal hype coming from within the program as there was back in 2001, maybe even 1991. As much as I can ever remember.

I'm actually surprised.

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Really? ?

Four freshmen are starting and the sole junior (Bolden) isn't that good.  Enjoy the regular season cause we all know that inexperience and one off night from either Barrett, Reddish or Williamson will doom them in the NCAA tournament, which is all that matters.  

Just now, ixcuincle said:

Duke is loaded with talent. Yes there be growing pains  but that team is still gonna be damn good. Zion himself is a treat to watch. 

Just like last year and the inexperience and off games from one of the star freshman and Grayson resulted in losses.  They don't have a junior or senior this year that's also a starter thats productive.  Bolden is it, he's not near the caliber player that Grayson was.  All their fire power will come from those three freshmen players.  

They should coast through the regular season, they are that damn good.  Last night proved that.  But inexperience and one off night come March and it's over.  My friends that are Duke fans didn't want to hear me say that last year, because it was true.  It showed up in their losses last season too, if Grayson was struggling and one of their top 3 freshman starters had a bad game, they lost.  When everyone was playing well, they were in the conversation of winning it all.

This team this year is way more talented than last year, but I still think inexperience does them in when it matters.

10 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

This is rarified air, what I've seen tonight. Totally different from the senior laden, tough, role guy team of 2010. More top end freshman talent and deeper bench than 2015.

It'll be interesting to see how K develops his bench this year, as that hasn't been a strength in the past.  We'll see how the young legs hold up.  

If he can get these cats to play defense, they'll be hard to beat.  But I ain't scared.  The rivalry is much better when both teams are good.  Looking forward to it.  :cheers:

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

Own that L Taze. 

That game was a mess. 

Domination within 5 minutes of the start. 

Be happy... your team won. 

They stomped a mud hole in Kentucky's ass.  And they are one of the most talented team in the nation no doubt and should pretty much roll through the regular season.  But like I said, they are starting four freshmen and the veteran leader that starts is not an offensive threat by any means (like Grayson could be and other players they have had in the past).  Their total offensive production is going to center around three of the four freshmen.

One of them has a bad day, it completely changes the dominance, just like last year.  Is that saying that I wouldn't pencil them in as a Final Four or at minimum Elite 8 team?  Absolutely not.  Championship game or eventual champion?  Nope.  Their inexperience and relying on three main options for offense tells me not to trust them going all the way.

UNC looked bad against Wofford.....I'm not sure what this team is going to do this year.

Archived