Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread

PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

UVa is winning it all this year.

I’d bet any amount of money they won’t. :ols: 

Don’t get me wrong, this is the best team they’ve had since Justin Anderson’s last season. I just can’t trust them. Guy and Jerome will frequently go ice cold shooting on the road, and the offense stagnates. 

we heard this before and they haven't gotten to the Final Four yet

Their best run was Sweet 16 where they got beat by Syracuse 

I don't know if they can do it but it's still early and you don't even know who's in they region. For all we know they could be given a tough region and flop out 

Duke sucks right now. Yes, they still have a ton of talent, but as a team collectively they suck. I get that they lost their best player because they have a shoe contract with a terrible shoe company. But the most surprising thing about this has been how bad they play as a team. It's just hero ball hoping their talent can carry them. Duke teams used to win because of coach K and the system they ran. I guess he just gave up knowing he can't teach his system to these guys in one year. This year, it looks like they win because of the players and now that the players are falling, they are losing.  They better hope Williamson comes back for the tournament or they could be looking at an early exit. 

My NMSU Aggies are on a historic run (for us).  Always tough for a low-seeded mid-major when it comes to tourney time because we always have to get past someone exceptional (usually a one or two seed) to advance in the dance.  I know we could beat a lot of 5-10 seeds.  Hoping they can make it a few steps this year.

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/sports/2019/03/11/new-mexico-state-basketball-83-wins-three-years-midst-historic-run/3109385002/

My favorite side note is that UNM (the "big" school in NM) stole away our coach 3 years ago and they suck balls.

7 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Gonzaga showing me tonight they aren't ready for the NCAA tournament. They don't play tough enough a schedule to prepare them for upper echelon teams. St. Mary's making them look silly.

Their non-conference schedule was tough. They will be fine. Teams have off nights.

Just now, Hersh said:

Their non-conference schedule was tough. They will be fine. Teams have off nights.

I mean they didn't really beat anyone of significance other than Duke. Tennessee beat them. UNC handled them easily. They play in the WCC which does not prepare them for the NCAA. They will lose in the Sweet 16 to someone like Auburn or Purdue as always.

As always unless they make the finals again which is what they did last time they were a one seed. At least last 4  tournaments they’ve made it about as far as projected by their seed. 

All they can do is schedule teams that have been good. They can’t help that Arizona and Creighton had down years. Plus, losing close to Tenn. and losing at UNC aren’t bad losses. 

Archived