Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

riggosrag.com- Redskins: Uncoiling the layers of the Josh Doctson dilemma (M.E.T.)

Redskinscub

You had a 50/50 chance of following Rule 10. And there's a 50/50 chance that you'll go read it now & fix the wrong 50 that you didn't adhere to. Which will lead to a 100/100 chance of Moderation action taken upon you. :) 

I am ready to punt on Doc and I’m ready to punt now. I wouldn’t release him but I’d use this as an opportunity to slide Mo Harris (and Floyd) into his role and see what they can do. There is no adverse effect to the offense because Doc doesn’t do anything anyway. Even if he was healthy I’d probably make him inactive or drop him to last on depth chart. Maybe that lights a fire. But more than that I just don’t think he’s worth the time anymore and I think it’s quite possible that giving those reps to others could make us better. 

At this point Doc reminds me SO much of Michael Westbrook. Now, MW did eventually find a little niche and was a productive player for us for a few years. But he was just a guy and came up way short of his drafted expectation. Right now I think MW is probably the UPSIDE for Doc. 

Two different pro bowl qbs and one of the most pass happy offenses in the league, and people still say hes just not getting th opportunity

I actually heard one person say that Grudens offense isnt a fit for Doctson because Gruden requires that his WRs get open.  And Doctson cant get open so its not fair.  Not making this up.

Doctson wishes he was Westbrook.  He is at best Rod Gardner but maybe more like Devin Thomas

19 hours ago, kleese said:

I am ready to punt on Doc and I’m ready to punt now. I wouldn’t release him but I’d use this as an opportunity to slide Mo Harris (and Floyd) into his role and see what they can do. There is no adverse effect to the offense because Doc doesn’t do anything anyway. Even if he was healthy I’d probably make him inactive or drop him to last on depth chart. Maybe that lights a fire. But more than that I just don’t think he’s worth the time anymore and I think it’s quite possible that giving those reps to others could make us better. 

At this point Doc reminds me SO much of Michael Westbrook. Now, MW did eventually find a little niche and was a productive player for us for a few years. But he was just a guy and came up way short of his drafted expectation. Right now I think MW is probably the UPSIDE for Doc. 

Is it possible for Cam Sims to come back this year? I'd like to get him some reps. He's got the physical tools, but obviously not much experience. At this point the upside seems better than Dachshund. 

17 hours ago, zoony said:

Two different pro bowl qbs and one of the most pass happy offenses in the league, and people still say hes just not getting th opportunity

I actually heard one person say that Grudens offense isnt a fit for Doctson because Gruden requires that his WRs get open.  And Doctson cant get open so its not fair.  Not making this up.

Doctson wishes he was Westbrook.  He is at best Rod Gardner but maybe more like Devin Thomas

He's not even Gardner. Gardner at least had a 1000 yard season.

40 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

People act like this guy actually makes a difference on this football team.  He does nothing.  

This upcoming draft we better draft playmakers. Our first three rounds better be QB, WR, and TE

I think we need to draft oline, it is the thinnest position group in the nfl. 

We can sign skill players in FA

Oh and a qb

1 minute ago, zoony said:

I think we need to draft oline, it is the thinnest position group in the nfl. 

We can sign skill players in FA

Oh and a qb

I think LG is the only position we need to address.  Hearing the rave reviews by Mahomes about Alex Smith teaching him everything, we better get a Qb ASAP to groom. 

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I think LG is the only position we need to address.  Hearing the rave reviews by Mahomes about Alex Smith teaching him everything, we better get a Qb ASAP to groom. 

Agree.  Giants will have a very high pick this draft and realize that they must draft a QB.  There's a few other teams that will take some guys early.  I'd say a late rounder for grooming would be on the horizon. 

I'm way over Doctson.  I'd be happy if he drops to 3rd string and then earns some playing time.

Even if he was 100%, he's still be 0% impact on the game. Wasted pick. Had such high hopes for him but the writing is on the wall, he will never be a game changer or even a reliable option. He just takes up space with tantalizing athletic ability, but marshmallow mentality.

C'mon, Doctson is a great WR.

what about that time, against....

how about when he ...

oh and there's the ...um...

The only play that I can remember was against the Seasquawks last year, but outside of that he's quiet.

He has the one thing, height, that the others don't, but pro level is way more involved than college, and he can't seem to grasp that his skillset needs a lot of improvement. I doubt he will be with the team next season, unless he REALLY steps up, and for more than a game a season.

But this team does need a tall WR who can play, its just not him.

I won't support a 1st round WR, we flat out such at that and they either blossom early or take forever to realize they are busts.  Win now means win now, Golden Tate will be a FA this year.  I have zero intention if giving Doctson an extension right now.

@zoony the comment in it not being fair to him that he can't get open is spot on.  There is no offense in the NFL designed for WRs that can't get open or catch consistently.

Early receiver picks who aren't clear studs (Julio Jones, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss types) are a total crap shoot and a waste of a pick.

I'd be interested to see if anyone had the time the comparison between first rounders vs. lower round league leaders over the years. I'm willing to bet, if you remove the "can't miss" guys, the lower round guys fare better. 

First round picks should almost always be reserved for OL/DL/QB/Pass Rush and ABSOLUTE STUDS in other spots. You like that safety? Don't fault you, but he better be Sean Taylor. You like that receiver/RB? Cool. Is he Peterson or Larry? That LB looks good. Okay, is he related to Ray Lewis in some way? if the answer to any of those questions is no, then I wouldn't pick em. An argument for DBs can be made that I'd listen to...Specifically CB... 

This "injury" is good for the team. The coaches/FO, whoever was making the personnel decision, was stubbornly trying to not be wrong about Doctson. Now they will be forced to play a better player and for this I am grateful.

I'm not claiming that Mo Harris or Cam Simms are the same talent level as an Adam Thielen, but look at what the Vikings did. They disregarded draft capital and benched their hyped 1st round draft pick, LaQuan Treadwell, for a 5th round pick and an undrafted guy. They played the guys who earned it. Mo Harris has been targeted 8 times in his career and always seemed to come through. We're going to need to throw the ball in this one against the Saints and I'm happy that Doctson won't be involved.

Archived