Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Foles magic was happening again, the pieces were all falling into place.  Jeffrey killed it.  

Wentz better send Jeffrey a gift basket or something, Philly was real damn close to a QB controversy.

I still think they might have one.

3 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I still think they might have one.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Foles hasn't played even a full season's worth with the Eagles yet. It would be a big gamble to spend so much time hyping up Wentz and then ship him out in favor of a journeyman, even if the journeyman has a ring.

46 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Interesting footnote, on that 18-play 11 minute and change drive that put the Saints up 17-14 in the third, they had to gain 112 yards due to penalties 🙂

And that's what winning teams do. They overcome penalties, legit or questionable, and win the game. It's why I always hate it when I hear fans blame officiating for an outcome. If you are good enough to win, those calls won't make a difference. The Saints proved that today. 

On January 12, 2019 at 10:20 PM, Jumbo said:

they still had too good a year to suit me....i couldn't have stomached a win and i love seeing them lose every game but i fear their fans really aren't going to suffer enough over this...they need more suffering....for years and years....generations....but i digress....

On January 12, 2019 at 10:29 PM, Gibbit said:

garrett extension

I can't speak for other Cowboys fans, but I thought this was a pretty good year.  They pulled off another division crown, after it looked like they were dead in the water.  Their first round pick was voted 2nd team all pro, and was a dominant force.  They started the season with one of the worst WR corps in the NFL, and ended the season with a clear #1 wr in Cooper, and solid # 2/3 WRs in Gallop and Beasly.  Dak looked like a lost cause at QB early, but played his best football once he had a #1 wr.  If he plays a full season like he did the 2nd half of this year, Dallas has at least an average to above average QB.

I know a lot of people think a Garrett extension dooms Dallas.  On the other hand, I have seen a lot of Redskins fans say that it isn't fair to fault the Skins coaching staff because they lost their first and second string QBs at mid season.  Well, the last time Garrett lost his first and second string QBs it happened in the preseason.  He went 13-3 and earned the #1 seed in the NFC with his rookie 3rd string QB.  So, I think they could do worse than extending Garrett.  But, I tend to be a glass half full kind of guy.

I am going with experience.

I think Bill and Tom will eek out a narrow win over Andy and Pat.

Andy is 1-4 in championship games. Patty will get a nice welcome from Bill.

Pats 34

Chiefs 33

I think playing at home and the experience of Drew and Sean P , trumps Jared and Sean M.

Saints 30

Rams 28.

Both games should be close and good games.

Wait...a 1 point loss is considered “getting a nice welcome from Bill”? I think that’s what a blowout loss would do instead. 

Anyway, I’m going for rams and chiefs today. I want a MNF rematch to see if they can replicate it. But if the saints win, i wont be mad. In the 2nd game though? Chiefs no matter what for me. 

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

cowboys in the playoffs anytime is an ugly thing, but very grateful today that if i have to listen to buck and aikman at least it's not their yapping about dallas

(i used to be ok with aikman) 

Quite frankly color commentary in the NFL has gone way down hill over the past 10 years. What amazes me is how many “B” and lower level commentators are better than the “A” teams. Aikman, Witten, and especially Collinsworth are some of the worst. They put no effort into understanding modern NFL concepts.

Archived