Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

Maholmes is very good.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The Baltimore Ravens are the best team in the AFC right now.

Maybe.  The defense is awesom. 

Im pulling for KC.  I’d really like to see Reid get s ring.  He’s like the Dan Marino of coaching. Outstanding in the regular season and runs into buzz saws on the playoffs.  

13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, basically since 2012, Seattle has built 2 different championship caliber teams around Wilson and the Redskins have been farting around thinking 8-8 is an achievement.

And I think Collinsworth gets as much wood talking about Wilson as Buck does with the Cowboys.

I have been saying this for awhile, but Russell Wilson is proof that the RPO/Zone read QB stuff is perfectly viable in the NFL, you just need the right person running it.  Russell Wilson inside the pocket is average, but his play making ability and his threat of scrambling/extending plays is what elevates his game to make him appear to be among the best QBs in the league.  I don't say that as a knock, it is more to show that there is more than a single way to succeed in the NFL as a QB.    Wilson has had the brain and awareness to keep himself safe when running, that is what has set him apart from most other QB's with a similar skill set.  When you look at Seattle's offense it is still primarily a drop back, look for 1st read to be open: throw now or extend play with legs style of passing.  It is still very similar to what him and Robert, & Kap were doing way back in 2012.  Of course new wrinkles have been added over the years for Wilson has he has grown and matured and gained more knowledge of the NFL game, but at the heart of Seattle's passing offense are still the same RPO foundations people claimed could not be sustained in the NFL.   Of course all this does as a Redskins fan is infuriate the fan base more that our front office drafted the wrong guy, the one who had too big of an ego and not enough of a desire to play the game beyond what his athleticism would afford him.   

Just heard MNF ESPN say this is the first back to back losing season for Oakland since 1972....that can’t be true though. 2014 they were 3-13, and 2015 they were 7-9....da actual **** do they get their info from 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edit: they might have said broncos, not raiders....SWG they said raiders though 😂😂

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Just heard MNF ESPN say this is the first back to back losing season for Oakland since 1972....that can’t be true though. 2014 they were 3-13, and 2015 they were 7-9....da actual **** do they get their info from 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edit: they might have said broncos, not raiders....SWG they said raiders though 😂😂

Yeah, Oaklands had a bunch of them lately, and they had the wrong year for Denver. Their last BTB was in '75. They started in '60 and had a losing season every year up to '75, except in '62 when they went 7-7.

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The MNF crew is so bad. I mean so bad. I think I they actually got worse as the season went on. I’m hoping ESPN realizes this and gets a new crew in their next year. They probably won’t, but it’s unbearable watching them.

19 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Is there a reason the league couldn't have put the Ravens and Steelers games at 1 pm?

There is literally none of the 1 pm games worth watching. 

Cowboys? To be honest, I really don't have any interest in football today.

27 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Is there a reason the league couldn't have put the Ravens and Steelers games at 1 pm?

There is literally none of the 1 pm games worth watching. 

Yeah. Nothing at all. At least it will give me some time to do some chores around the house before 4:30. :)

28 minutes ago, TK said:

Eli's thrown 2 picks, 1 in the endzone. Dallas has missed a chip shot field goal. If it keeps gong like this they'll flex this game over to Comedy Central. :ols: 

If the Eagles make it in, we might get to watch two NFCE teams go down.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No idea why they jammed the 4pm slots.

The theory is to prevent any nefarious activity like throwing a game or points shaving.

The overriding idea is integrity of the game. Make it so that every team which is still mathematically alive, will have a chance to play for that opportunity in a fair and honest manner. As opposed to having one game at 1 pm where the results effectively eliminates several teams at 4 pm, making those contests meaningless. 

Additionally so, to avoid having the players in those later games be suspect to influence from the earlier games. As they would get an instant update on their phones before taking the field of the results of the 1pm game, and if they had been eliminated, they'ed therefore just "phone in" the effort, go half speed to protect from injury, etc. 

But also there's the aspect of having these deciding games all occur at the same time and not allow any one to influence the other. Have them all occur simultaneously in real time. 

I think it was back in ... can't remember 1997 or perhaps 2003, one year, where there were dozens of scenarios for the playoffs on the last weekend of the season. There's a great video of Berman and Tom Jackson doing the sunday blitz wrap up which documented the day, the Green Bay game in particular. They mentioned during the broadcast the NFL's desire to not allow any one game dictate how other teams played that day. 

It was cool how they cut it in real time as they showed two concurrent games being played at 4pm and how each score tilted the see-saw until finally one team won and eliminated another team from the other game. 

Archived