Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Lemme put this out there...

Luck looks fantastic and the team is young and well-coached.  Would not be shocked to see them win a SB or two in the next few years.

If Luck can stay healthy I wouldn’t be shocked either.  I think they are well coached too.

34 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Lemme put this out there...

Luck looks fantastic and the team is young and well-coached.  Would not be shocked to see them win a SB or two in the next few years.

I brought this up a couple of times last year- they had one of the most brilliantly quiet offseasons last year that you're likely to see. They had a bunch of cap space, but didn't go out and go wild in FA. They waited out that first wave and got a few bargains later on (Eric Ebron, Denico Autry, Ryan Grant). Added to a the coaching staff they hired, the draft trade with the Jets and the picks they made, they really set themselves up.

So now they have a coach that looks pretty special,  an elite QB, an OL that doesn't give up a sacks, a good running game and a top 10 defense, all built around youth. And they have more cap space than anybody and an extra pick at the top of the 2nd round. Watch out. I'll kind of be surprised if they don't at least go to a Bowl in the next 2-3 years.

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Houston called a TO after that sack? That was dumb. You have plenty of time, but I'm sure Luck appreciates you preserving some for him.

Agreed. It wasn't even a sack, it was after a run. Houston wasn't gonna get the ball anyway. Stupid call. Colts were gonna run out the clock.

17 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Agreed. It wasn't even a sack, it was after a run. Houston wasn't gonna get the ball anyway. Stupid call.

No, you're talking about their second timeout, which wasn't exactly brilliant either, and is the reason for this Colts drive.

I was talking about the first one, there was 1:54 and Houston had the ball inside the 20. No reason to stop it that early, they had plenty of time to do whatever they could, the TO just allowed the Colts to have time when they got it back.

58 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I brought this up a couple of times last year- they had one of the most brilliantly quiet offseasons last year that you're likely to see. They had a bunch of cap space, but didn't go out and go wild in FA. They waited out that first wave and got a few bargains later on (Eric Ebron, Denico Autry, Ryan Grant). Added to a the coaching staff they hired, the draft trade with the Jets and the picks they made, they really set themselves up.

So now they have a coach that looks pretty special,  an elite QB, an OL that doesn't give up a sacks, a good running game and a top 10 defense, all built around youth. And they have more cap space than anybody and an extra pick at the top of the 2nd round. Watch out. I'll kind of be surprised if they don't at least go to a Bowl in the next 2-3 years.

You have to feel good about your draft when your first two picks make the all-pro team as rookies.  I think they have a ton of cap space too.  When you already have the franchise QB in place... The future looks bright.

Archived