Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 minute ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I part of me is hoping the Cowboys make it to the NFC Championship game and get destroyed but I am not sure if I could handle all the media attention and bandwagon fans.

When it comes to bandwagon fans I'm confused how Cowboys fans the last decade or so are considered to be that.  I thought bandwagon fans were people who tie themselves to winning teams.  The Cowboys haven't won big in many, many years.  So for anybody who constantly sticks with a team who hasn't won in decades....  I would call them loyal fans not bandwagon.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

The best of a lot of crap

I actually like Romo quite a bit, though he’s over the top at times.  

The best booth im my lifetime was the old Sunday night crew on ESPN with Joe Thiesman, Mike Patrick and Paul McGuire.

Joe Theisman was horrible.  The other guys were pretty good.  Joey T, was just too much of an over the top slurper.

25 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Cant deny their the best in the business though.

Joe Buck is not even close to the best play by play guy in the business.  Kevin Harlan is miles better, so good that he actually made a drunk fan on the field sound like an exciting play.  Joe Buck makes NFL sound like baseball.  

Troy is pretty good, I like him as a color guy.  Romo is better though.

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The best booth im my lifetime was the old Sunday night crew on ESPN with Joe Thiesman, Mike Patrick and Paul McGuire.

No no no no.  I can’t support you on Joey T.  I have actually muted games with him in the booth because he sounds like he’s trying to sell me a Redskin themed time share.  

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

No no no no.  I can’t support you on Joey T.  I have actually muted games with him in the booth because he sounds like he’s trying to sell me a Redskin themed time share.  

He’s awful on Skins games.  But the chemistry he, Patrick and McGuire had for 10 years was awesome.  

What’s the over under on 6 packs Janakowski consumes in a week?

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What’s the over under on 6 packs Janakowski consumes in a week?

I’d bet on vodka over beer in his case. 

10 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Kicker pulls his hamstring on a FG attempt. 

Joe Buck "This may be something to keep an eye on in the 2nd half..."

At least he noticed the injury that time.  He noticed the cowboys receiver laying on the ground, but not that his foot pointed in the wrong direction. 

I’m still laughing at video of Goodell and Haley watching the game.  Haley’s arm around Goodell, Goodell’s hand on Haley’s knee.  That’s all kinds of weird.

28 minutes ago, Destino said:

Joe Buck is not even close to the best play by play guy in the business.  Kevin Harlan is miles better, so good that he actually made a drunk fan on the field sound like an exciting play.  Joe Buck makes NFL sound like baseball.  

Troy is pretty good, I like him as a color guy.  Romo is better though.

As a tandem, I feel like they are the best, followed by Romo and his crew.

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’d bet on vodka over beer in his case. 

At least he noticed the injury that time.  He noticed the cowboys receiver laying on the ground, but not that his foot pointed in the wrong direction. 

I’m still laughing at video of Goodell and Haley watching the game.  Haley’s arm around Goodell, Goodell’s hand on Haley’s knee.  That’s all kinds of weird.

Goodell is a little touchy feely, isn’t he?

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And in danger of a safety, Dallas uses Tavon Austin as a blocker. 

I really don't know how much of the low score is good defense and how much is that these two teams can't call good offensive plays.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, maybe I was wrong.  Jay Gruden isn’t the worst play caller in the NFL.

Brian Schottenhiemer is God Awful.

That 3rd down play was a give up play.

No Gruden is the worst.  Brian Schotty is in the playoff...  Gruden is on a couch.

Archived