Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

It's amazing how neutered defense has become that it is allowing mediocre QB play to produce scores.  I am not sure if the rules have ruined defense so much that they feel they have to play so overly safe that it allows questionable passes to be completed.  Some of these passes, 20 years ago, would never be completions.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

To go back to that PI penalty, it's really as bad a call as you're ever going to see. I can't even figure out what the hell the ref thought he saw.

What boggles the mind about it is that offense rarely if ever gets called for PI, even when they seem to clearly push off, so in this case there is zero extension of the arms, zero push, zero anything, and a flag is thrown.   Makes zero sense.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

To go back to that PI penalty, it's really as bad a call as you're ever going to see. I can't even figure out what the hell the ref thought he saw.

Guess the collision looked like the offense guy pushing the defense guy out of the way with his whole body though...lol

I bet you the ref caught the end tail of that and thought it would be cool to throw the flag. 

I've never been a conspiracy guy, but today's officiating is making me one. 2 obviously brutal calls in the dallas v philly game. One definitely cost the Eagles a TD. The one at the beginning of the game could have cost them a FG. Then in the Steelers v Raiders, back to back empty hand fumbles for both teams. Almost the exact same play. The Steelers got the both on both. 

Live, I thought he was out, but clearly he wasn't.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Guess the collision looked like the offense guy pushing the defense guy out of the way with his whole body though...lol

I bet you the ref caught the end tail of that and thought it would be cool to throw the flag. 

But it was within 5 yards and they both contacted each other. He didn't come anywhere near extending his arms. Also, they called PI and the ball wasn't in the air for literally a couple of seconds after that contact.

Archived