Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Interesting show of sportsmanship by the Steelers.

Blow a two touchdown lead and decide to blatantly jump offsides repeatedly.  Might as well rough up the kicker next time.

Stay classy, Tomlin. 

Trying to block a kick in a tied game is bad sportsmanship now? That's an.... interesting way to look at things.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

Trying to block a kick in a tied game is bad sportsmanship now? That's an.... interesting way to look at things.

They didn’t try to block anything.  They jumped early repeatedly to ice the kicker.

Remember, this is the same coach that tried to back into a punt returner a few years back.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

They didn’t try to block anything.  They jumped early repeatedly to ice the kicker.

Remember, this is the same coach that tried to back into a punt returner a few years back.

They were trying to get as early a jump as they could try to to block the kick. LMAO. You think they were intentionally trying to give him a 15 yard shorter kick?  My God!

I hope for your sake you're joking.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They were trying to get as early a jump as they could try to to block the kick. LMAO. You think they were intentionally trying to give him a 15 yard shorter kick?  My God!

I hope for your sake you're joking.

Rivers just said as much in the postgame interview.

Bush-league trash coaching.

Did Tomlin look upset after the second offsides?  Mad at giving away the yards, maybe?  No.

What a weird season for the Chargers. Playing second fiddle in LA to the Rams, and quietly kicking ass. They should have at least one more win for sure, maybe two. Kickers missing extra points and "Should be, at the very least, tied with the Chiefs" came up over Thanksgiving quite a few times.

Super unpopular opinion: I'm okay with intentional offsides to try to rattle the kicker. You play to win. If Gruden had called it and it worked, I'd be championing it as the game where Gruden had guts of steel. Tripping a returner where there's no adequate way to compensate the return is a no-go, but offsides? Fair game. Either it works and you're brilliant, or it fails and blows up in your face. Tomlin had it blow up in his face.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Super unpopular opinion: I'm okay with intentional offsides to try to rattle the kicker. You play to win. If Gruden had called it and it worked, I'd be championing it as the game where Gruden had guts of steel. Tripping a returner where there's no adequate way to compensate the return is a no-go, but offsides? Fair game. Either it works and you're brilliant, or it fails and blows up in your face. Tomlin had it blow up in his face.

Thats all well and good, but what if the kicker gets blown up and hurt by a guy three yards offsides?

Bush league.

Archived