Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

6 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

To be fair, most teams looks like that vs the Patriots in NE

No, they don't. Its one thing to lose, or to be outplayed. It's another to not be ready for the Patriots throwing screens and underneath passes. It's what they do, and teams that stop them shut that down. 

On offense, Cousins is being pressured on virtually every throw, has to dump off the ball because no receivers are open, and the guys he dumps off to are getting swarmed. The Patriots defense isn't so amazing at home that they are able to blitz, blanket the leagues best pair of WRs and still have a ton of guys left over to stuff out everything short. 

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Vikings must have just found a discarded playbook in the trash and decided to use it. Seems to be working.

Yeah, I say this in The Skins game day threads all the time: tempo is a QBs best friend... 

Which Jay Gruden is allergic to in almost any situation.  

I don’t understand why more teams don’t use it if the offense is generally struggling.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

No, they don't. Its one thing to lose, or to be outplayed. It's another to not be ready for the Patriots throwing screens and underneath passes. It's what they do, and teams that stop them shut that down. 

He said MOST teams, not ALL teams. The good teams usually have good games against the patriots. Bad teams will lose, cause Brady and Bill. And gronk. 

3 minutes ago, Csup said:

What a nice throw by Kirk.  I was worrying this would be a blow out 

Oh it still could be. Still another half to play. 

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He said MOST teams, not ALL teams. The good teams usually have good games against the patriots. Bad teams will lose, cause Brady and Bill. And gronk. 

Again, it wasn't about winning or losing, or good games or bad games. The comment was about looking like you hadn't come in with any kind of a game plan.

They were giving the Patriots some ridiculous spots early, leading up to the one where Zimmer had to challenge that play. 

Now, they just spotted that punt at the 17. It landed out of bounds parallel to the 17, but five yards outside the line. How the hell does a ball pass out at the 17 and still land at the same spot?

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Again, it wasn't about winning or losing, or good games or bad games. The comment was about looking like you hadn't come in with any kind of a game plan.

Yes, which the good teams DO come in looking like they have a game plan,while MOST (not ALL) teams are of course going to look like they have no game plan at all (due to being bad, or just the patriots being much, MUCH better than MOST (again, not ALL) of the nfl 

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

That was back to back pass interference by the pats.  I don’t know what these announcers are watching.

Disagree with the first. Thielen initiated the contact with the push off. He didn't deserve the call. The second one was iffy.

Well that was quick lol.

I was talking about Brady and the Pats nickel and diming defenses to death. The Vikings are penny pinching their way through this game. A lot of really short passes and not going down the field like they usually like.

Archived