Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Not the past 4 games. I don't see how Wentz can't be licking his chops. Skins might be able to score some points on Philly, but not as much as the Eagles will put up on us, more than likely.

So Dallas has Philly at home, Indy on the road, Tampa at home, and ends at the Giants. That's looking like 9-7 at worst and likely 10-6. Good thing the wild card is still very much in play for an NFC East team. 

The only team that is eliminated is the Giants.

2 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

Why do our fans keep talking about getting a new coach?  If we get a new coach you will be calling for him to get fired mid-season like all the rest. What is so exciting about that???

Well I can’t speak for everybody but at least that would provide some excitement in what would otherwise be am uneventful 6-8 win, no playoff season.

Crazy how so much can change in the nfl so fast. The cowboys lost to the titans on MNF and everyone was calling for Garrett’s head. Now, 1st in the division. While the skins were sitting at what, 5-3 at the start of the month? Now we’re 6-5 (likely 6-6 after Monday) and likely to be in 3rd place after that as well. 

**** that.

I know that Redskins fans don't want to hear from a happy Cowboys fan right now, but I have to admit, I have not been this happy about a regular season win in a long time.  I thought Dallas had no chance, but they were so tough on D... I just can't believe what just happened.  Good defense just doesn't beat good offense anymore... I didn't think it was possible.

You might see one or two people make "hot takes" about Dallas being a legit threat, but I don't see them being able to beat most playoff teams.  I do have to say, tonight was a fun game to watch as a fan, It was just so unexpected.

9 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I know that Redskins fans don't want to hear from a happy Cowboys fan right now, but I have to admit, I have not been this happy about a regular season win in a long time.  I thought Dallas had no chance, but they were so tough on D... I just can't believe what just happened.  Good defense just doesn't beat good offense anymore... I didn't think it was possible.

You might see one or two people make "hot takes" about Dallas being a legit threat, but I don't see them being able to beat most playoff teams.  I do have to say, tonight was a fun game to watch as a fan, It was just so unexpected.

I hope you fart in an elevator and everyone knows its you.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Yeah, but they weren't that good....

Their defense was dominant tonight.  They did what no other team was able to do this year.  Yes they were good.  Not great, but very good.  They made plays when they had to.  They actually kept the Saints close despite shooting themselves in the foot multiple times.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Crazy how so much can change in the nfl so fast. The cowboys lost to the titans on MNF and everyone was calling for Garrett’s head. Now, 1st in the division. While the skins were sitting at what, 5-3 at the start of the month? Now we’re 6-5 (likely 6-6 after Monday) and likely to be in 3rd place after that as well. 

**** that.

We beat the Cowboys earlier in the season, and their solution to it was to trade for a mediocre WR. And it actually worked. I've tried to rationalize where this ranks the Redskins compared to them and the Saints, and I can't do it. I'm just done.

I said going in, if the cowboys beat the saints they deserve this division.  It's there for the taking.

But it isn't taken yet.  Skins are right there, even with a loss this Monday.  Gonna be a hell of a home stretch.

And when it comes to playoffs, I dont see any NFC east team posing much of a threat, even with this cowboys win tonight.  Gotta credit the cowboys defense, but that was the last time the saints are going to come out flat offensively this season.  Of course it was against the cowboys, of course we have to listen to a cowboys praise week once again, but it will boil down to the same thing it always does:  the cowboys are ok but not great.  Just a few weeks ago, cowboys fans were throwing in the towel mostly because they didn't like Dak.  Dak is still doing those things they hated, despite the couple of great scrambles he has per game, he has terrible pocket awareness, and loses a play.  Their team has awful, untimely penalties.  

So whoever takes the NFC east, good luck.  I just hope it's my team so they have a chance, but even if I was an outsider, I couldn't believe in this Dallas team.  Their young pieces and their defense might be scary going forward, but I just couldn't trust that qb.  I dont care if he ran in the endzone on us, we also stripped him for a td in his endzone in that other game. 

Dallas fans be weary.  That dak guy is your qb and I wouldn't trust that for a second.  Pay him.  Go ahead. Brag that he just beat drew brees.  ..

Nah Dak still looked very...dak.  somewhere between Russell Wilson and rg3.  More like a scared version of Russell Wilson.  Super proud when he scrambles for a big gain, but looks lost in the pocket otherwise.  Roll of the dice with that guy.  Potential big plays while sacrificing consistency.  

Wish we could play them a third time :[  maybe we will ;)

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

We beat the Cowboys earlier in the season, and their solution to it was to trade for a mediocre WR. And it actually worked. I've tried to rationalize where this ranks the Redskins compared to them and the Saints, and I can't do it. I'm just done.

Cooper is more than a mediocre receiver and if he's considered mediocre, how is it none of our receivers obtain this mediocre skill set and production that he has?  I think the biggest change they made at the same time as acquiring Cooper is firing their O-line coach.  Ever since they did that, Zeke has looked like his All Pro self.

stupid saints. Stupid cowboys. **** football. 

I say that, knowing fully well I’ll be in front of the tv Monday Night watching our game. And complaining along with all the rest of you crazy people that for some reason can not look away. Yes. Our game will be a car crash of epic proportions. And i look forward to watching with all of you (i wont be looking forward to the loss though....)

Archived