Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

39 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

I was told that the Chiefs and the NFL already knew about this incident. Why are they acting now as if they never knew anything?

As DM29 noted, it sounds like Hunt told everyone that it was just a bunch of yelling back and forth, no physical confrontation.  The Chiefs and NFL are saying the girl wouldn't talk to them, and they didn't have access to the video until today.  I don't know if that is true, but it seems the Chiefs management were pissed about him lying to them, which led to his release.

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

You know what's funny ?

When I first saw just the headline "Sketchy Man in Cowboys Gear and Headset Caught Using Cell Phone on Saints Sideline",

I thought it was just going to show a picture of Garrett, and that was the joke.

Yea, I know the headline said "Saints sideline", but that part didn't register at the time that funny thought came to mind.

9 hours ago, Tsailand said:

I would sign Hunt right now, assuming he is cleared to play by the Commish and the legal system.

I'm not joking.  I don't care what the sports columnists say about us.

Hunt, like Foster, has been put on the Commissioner's exempt list.

In light of the latest events, ('Skins signing Foster, Hunt being released and likely signed by someone else) I am kind of throwing my hands up and thinking this problem is going to be solved on an organization level.  It has to be the NFL commish and his office laying down the law and the standard across the board, otherwise NFL teams are just going to continue to sign players they think they can help them win.  

I don't like it, but in the back of my mind I was figuring eventually the Redskins would do it too.

Watching Tampa Carolina game I used to be a big supporter of instant reply but heck if they can't get obvious calls right on instant it would better to just get rid of it. Refs called a fumble on Barber and replay clearly showed only real choice was down by contact or TD as he placed the ball well past the line of scrimmage before he lost it. They kept it as a fumble.   (And no I didn't start Barber in any fantasy leagues this week).

Just got to the hotel in Philly where the room options were giants game or the Falcons/Ravens game. 

Sorry not not sorry but I wanted to watch a real team so I’m in the bar watching the LA McVays. Rams up 10-3 over Detroit & it’s nearly halftime. 

Big screen still has Eli doing Eli things though. The Manning face is something to see when it’s on a bigass projection screen. :ols:

On November 30, 2018 at 9:13 PM, beachboy757 said:

I was told that the Chiefs and the NFL already knew about this incident. Why are they acting now as if they never knew anything?

Im rooting for the Giants today.  Would rather have their draft picks be later to give them fewer options for addressing the QB position.  Also rooting for the Bucs, to reduce Carolina's wild card positioning.

10 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Im rooting for the Giants today.  Would rather have their draft picks be later to give them fewer options for addressing the QB position.  Also rooting for the Bucs, to reduce Carolina's wild card positioning.

Your rooting for the Giants is mis-directed. The QB class in 2019 is not a top picking so wouldn't matter who they draft at that position. They still will be irrelevant. 

Go Bears! :)

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Your rooting for the Giants is mis-directed. The QB class in 2019 is not a top picking so wouldn't matter who they draft at that position. They still will be irrelevant. 

Go Bears! :)

Even so, the higher the pick, the more they can get in a trade down... Which could give them more ammo to pick up OL or add picks for a better QB draft the following year.  Plus, I would rather see the Vikes make the playoffs than the Bears.

Archived