Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sucks that the falcons won’t make the playoffs..we’ll have to wait another year to hopefully see a team play the super bowl in their home stadium. I really want history to be made. 

That sort of happened. The only SB (XIX) ever played at Stanford Stadium between the 49ers and Dolphins. 

17 minutes ago, zskins said:

Redskins will never get that chance unless a bad ass stadium is built soon. 

New stadium along with a new HC, OC, DC, GM, P, QB, DL, WR, RB, DB, LB, training staff, conditioning staff, scouting staff, owner, goalie, water boy, point guard, algebra teacher, dog walker, batting tee, tennis coach, florescent lights, typewriter, and ceiling fan.

12 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

That sort of happened. The only SB (XIX) ever played at Stanford Stadium between the 49ers and Dolphins. 

I have heard of that. Did the 49ers play any other games there other than the super bowl though?

To be clear, I’m talking about history being 100% made, not just a team playing a super bowl in their own state. Although yes that does come close. 

18 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

New stadium along with a new HC, OC, DC, GM, P, QB, DL, WR, RB, DB, LB, training staff, conditioning staff, scouting staff, owner, goalie, water boy, point guard, algebra teacher, dog walker, batting tee, tennis coach, florescent lights, typewriter, and ceiling fan.

Dude, lay off tress way.  Punter is not an issue.

The rest....

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I have heard of that. Did the 49ers play any other games there other than the super bowl though?

To be clear, I’m talking about history being 100% made, not just a team playing a super bowl in their own state. Although yes that does come close. 

1989 the 49ers played the Patriots at Stanford due to damage suffered to Candlestick Park following the earthquake. Stanford Stadium is 27 miles south of SF.

Also forgot... SB XIV was played at the Rose Bowl between the LA Rams and Steelers. But OK, 100%?, no.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You gotta start looking big picture.  He won't be here in (insert moebius strip because I don't know computers) years when we get the rest taken care of.

If owner has to be changed before we get to a super bowl then yeah he definitely won’t be around THAT long :P the dude would be in his 70’s 😂

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You gotta start looking big picture.  He won't be here in (insert moebius strip because I don't know computers) years when we get the rest taken care of.

Tress is 28. He's got about 10 years left in him. Punter is the last of our worries now, don't waste resources hunting for the perfect replacement to an already perfect player.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Tress is 28. He's got about 10 years left in him. Punter is the last of our worries now, don't waste resources hunting for the perfect replacement to an already perfect player.

That’s true, but if we have to get a new owner before we are able to get to the super bowl (as @TheGreatBuzz list states), tress way won’t be around THAT long. That would mean we’d have a punter in his 70’s :P 

There should be unlimited challenges too. There's so much $$ in the league, get the ****ing calls right. Penalties, catches, spots; all challengeable, every time.

Pace of play would take a hit. But that easily fixable by getting rid of tv timeouts and commercial breaks after every. Single. Change. Of. Possession.

Although I am very biased, since I detest all refs in all sports.

17 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Maybe you should look at my list or needs.  There may be a SLIGHT amount of sarcasm. 

13 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

There should be unlimited challenges too. There's so much $$ in the league, get the ****ing calls right. Penalties, catches, spots; all challengeable, every time.

Pace of play would take a hit. But that easily fixable by getting rid of tv timeouts and commercial breaks after every. Single. Change. Of. Possession.

Although I am very biased, since I detest all refs in all sports.

Unlimited challenges would get ridiculous. I always thought they should get two challenge flags, and if you throw it and win the challenge, you get the flag back.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Maybe you should look at my list or needs.  There may be a SLIGHT amount of sarcasm. 

You’re spot on with dog walker though. Maybe the reason our players don’t do too well is because they are focused on walking their dogs during the week instead 🤷🏻‍♂️ Hire a dog walker, bam. Super bowl 2019 season. Easy solution 

Archived