Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

We cant take Carr's contract. It aint happening.

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

How?  We literally do not have cap room for that.  Also, that's giving Carr A LOT of value.  If Rosen is worth a 3rd, how is Carr worth that much?

we still can cut J. Norman which we should do anyways he's not worth the money

37 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

I read in Reddit earlier that the NFL has a place to move the draft in case of weather tonight. So it sounds like it's possible to have a delay but will get completed tonight.

Plan B is in the Schermerhorn Symphony Center a quarter mile away.

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Why would they have the draft outdoors?  Seems like they are asking for trouble.  Of course it is going to rain.

My guess is they did that to simply draw a crowd. Depending on how close it is to Broadway St. There could be a decent amount of foot-traffic

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I think Campbell was a better athlete. I think Haskins has a WAY better arm. The Jason Campbell of this draft is Daniel Jones IMO.

Jason was lacking in a couple areas but arm strength was NOT one of those areas.  Dude could throw it 80 yards in the air.  

9 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Nooooo! I want the Giants to draft Daniel Jones!

Also, and I’m outright acknowledging that I am prone to the idea of overpaying for a draft crush, I wouldn’t mind paying a 3rd to draft Bush. 

If we come out of this draft with Daniel Jones. And if you believe the rumors the Giants with either Lock or Rosen and the Eagles Marquise Brown.

Then, it will be having a having a lot of drinks tonight -- dull the pain. 😧

Hopefully Russini is making this stuff up or they are feeding her bad info.  She said not long ago that if Jones or Haskins aren't there at 15 then they take Savage.

I like Savage but not at 15.

Will see soon enough if this is a charade but if it is they are playing it right till the end apparently

OK 5  1st round predictions. 

1) Montez Sweath will fall out of the 1st round.

2) Redskins won't trade up.

3) Redskins will trade down.

4) There will be 6 trades in the first round.

5) Giants will take a QB in the 1st.

Talk to you all during the draft (will there be a new draft thread for the draft?)

Just saying having all of this out in the open now is terrible for a players Morale.  To get drafted knowing all of the football people in the building don't want you?

There's no way Haskins can be on the table.  How do you walk that back and tell him, sike, we always liked you, we we're just kidding...totally...

I don't know Haskins mental makeup, but some players can't get past it when portions of the organization don't like you.  Cutler, Cousins, RG3, Rodgers, etc all had on-field performance worsen once stuff like this was revealed to the media.

7 minutes ago, nonniey said:

OK 5  1st round predictions. 

1) Montez Sweath will fall out of the 1st round.

2) Redskins won't trade up.

3) Redskins will trade down.

4) There will be 6 trades in the first round.

5) Giants will take a QB in the 1st.

Talk to you all during the draft (will there be a new draft thread for the draft?)

Wait..so currently Snyder is making the pick in rnd1... And you think the Skins will trade down?..

What if all this Haskins / Jones stuff is just smoke... and the Redskins really have decided to go BPA from their board or trade down to realize more value with 2nd & 3rd round picks?  What if they really like a 2nd Tier QB like Grier, Finley, or Stidham?  Hell... what if all along they've coveted Rypien or Stick and have just kept it all under wraps.

Then I woke up, punched myself in the face, and turned on the NFL Network to watch the impending train wreck that is a Bruce Allen led draft.    

13 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Just saying having all of this out in the open now is terrible for a players Morale.  To get drafted knowing all of the football people in the building don't want you?

There's no way Haskins can be on the table.  How do you walk that back and tell him, sike, we always liked you, we we're just kidding...totally...

I don't know Haskins mental makeup, but some players can't get past it when portions of the organization don't like you.  Cutler, Cousins, RG3, Rodgers, etc all had on-field performance worsen once stuff like this was revealed to the media.

Haskins will be fine.

Extremely confident kid.

20 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

It's the media.  They don't know anything.

We can talk noise about Haskins.  But the idea that Jay doesn't want him, that part doesn't seem to be conjecture.  Everybody -- both national and local who cover the team agree on that point.  They disagree on other points but not that one.  I was just listening to Hoffman explain the concern with some in the building about Haskins fit to Jay system among other things.

But ok lets pretend everyone is making that up for whatever reason.   Still Jay revealed himself on Haskins openly weeks back when he talked about how he wants a dude who is ready to play this season and Haskins is an example of a Qb who wouldn't be ready.

Either that or Jay is part of an elaborate scheme.  He really loves the dude and just planted that jab on purpose.

I still think they don't take a Qb in the first.   I don't doubt Dan could fall in love with Haskins.  His profile would be up his alley.  But I think its pure somescreen. 

Archived