Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We can talk noise about Haskins.  But the idea that Jay doesn't want him, that part doesn't seem to be conjecture.  Everybody -- both national and local who cover the team agree on that point.  They disagree on other points but not that one.  I was just listening to Hoffman explain the concern with some in the building about Haskins fit to Jay system among other things.

But ok lets pretend everyone is making that up for whatever reason.   Still Jay revealed himself on Haskins openly weeks back when he talked about how he wants a dude who is ready to play this season and Haskins is an example of a Qb who wouldn't be ready.

Either that or Jay is part of an elaborate scheme.  He really loves the dude and just planted that jab on purpose.

I still think they don't take a Qb in the first.   I don't doubt Dan could fall in love with Haskins.  His profile would be up his alley.  But I think its pure somescreen. 

If Jay's top qualifier for which QB prefers is the one who is most ready year one, rather than who is the better prospect...then I don't really care what Jay thinks, he's most likely gone next year regardless of which one we would draft (if we draft one). None of these QB's is good enough or electric enough to win games with this roster this year except maybe Murray. I get why he wants the most pro-ready guy, because he wants to save his job. But that shouldn't be the organization's focus. Unfortunately, Allen is also probably thinking that way. In that regard, it doesn't really make sense for Allen and Jay to be opposed on what they want in a QB--it's do or die for both, you would think, this year. 

Either way I don't want a lame duck head coach picking the QB if we take one. That would probably matter more if we had a GM making the calls who I thought would (or at least should) stick around after he's fired, though. It's just interesting that Allen and Gruden aren't on the same page when they are both in a must-win situation. 

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Ok quick question.... Which quarterback would fit gruden's offense best or O'Connell I should say..

I don't know, but I do know that I don't want to make that an important criteria in making our pick. Jay is on borrowed time. 

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If Jay's top qualifier for which QB prefers is the one who is most ready year one, rather than who is the better prospect...then I don't really care what Jay thinks, he's most likely gone next year regardless of which one we would draft (if we draft one).

Good post, and i 100% agree with you.  Basing a QB pick on what he can do for you as a rookie is so damn stupid as to deserve summary firing, which is why I don't think Jay is actually demanding this.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:26 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Well, I don't think Kingsbury was spoiled for choice in HC opportunities.  Certainly not in the NFL.  That guy failed up.  But I think you could just as easily conclude that having the #1 pick was the selling point, not Rosen.

Every coach wants their own guy. 

And that wasn't normal shining up an opposing player before you play him.  That was banging the table for him.  I recognize the emotion in his voice.

I almost can't believe this is happening.  If Arizona can get a firm commitment from Kyler to play football, they're going to trade Rosen and draft him #1 overall. 

Here's the post.

Archived