Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

10 minutes ago, #1skinsfanever said:

Charlie C, said its going to be a bombshell with Haskins he hasn't got all of the story yet. I'm really hoping its not us we need more picks not mortgage the future. My prediction is the Raiders picks a QB (Murray or Haskins) and trade Carr to us for the 15th pick and a 3rd and we get Carr and the 27th pick and a 4th

How?  We literally do not have cap room for that.  Also, that's giving Carr A LOT of value.  If Rosen is worth a 3rd, how is Carr worth that much?

11 minutes ago, #1skinsfanever said:

Charlie C, said its going to be a bombshell with Haskins he hasn't got all of the story yet. I'm really hoping its not us we need more picks not mortgage the future. My prediction is the Raiders picks a QB (Murray or Haskins) and trade Carr to us for the 15th pick and a 3rd and we get Carr and the 27th pick and a 4th

We cant take Carr's contract. It aint happening.

10 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Call me crazy but not even Dan and Bruce are dumb enough to tip their hand this hard.Smoke is all it is to make a Team like the Gaints worry.

Yeah I'm calling you crazy, because yeah they are that dumb. Were you wondering who the Skins top choice was last year at this point?

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Jeez if the Cardinals take Bosa everything goes crazy imo. That's the one scenario I can see causing a huge trade up...from us or someone else.

If the card’s don’t take A QB, 

Wow, that really throws everyone’s draft night off. 

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Yeah I'm calling you crazy, because yeah they are that dumb. Were you wondering who the Skins top choice was last year at this point?

If remember correctly last year they loved Fitzpatrick,Guice ,Vea and Payne but there was no media show like the last 48 hours with them targeting one specific player.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Pull the trigger with the Jets and grab Murray.

DOITDANNY

If that happened, and moved up to get him, 

you can bet the H.C is gone after this season. His game philosophy is the polar opposite of how you would use Murray 

Word is the skins are in fighting right now, Danny boy and Bruce both want Haskins, everyone else wants Jones!

I love Jones. I believe he is the best QB in the draft, but...we now face the  typical obstacle; Dan Snyder!!

Snyder may do the usual, go nuts for a player he could have had for nothing, or give up the farm for the 4th or 5th best player at his position, I want nothing to do with Haskins!!!

50 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's got speed to cover the flats and his closing speed is good and he was fairly productive as a blitzer.  But at the end of the day, instincts trump speed.  He made a lot more plays than Devin Bush did despite being much slower, because he routinely sniffed out the point of attack and the cutback and got to where he needed to be.  And he's physical in the box, didn't have trouble disengaging.  This is super important for an NFL MIKE prospect.  Realistically, NFL guards and centers are going to get hands on you.

Guys like Devin Bush make spectacular, splashy plays way outside the tackle box, and this stuff goes on highlight reels.  But what those reels don't show are all of the instances of him getting his ass sealed or washed for 9 yard runs up the middle because he read the wrong hole, couldn't feel out the cutback, or couldn't get off the block.  Meanwhile Coney is doing yeoman's work in the A and B gaps, working gap to gap, and sticking that cutback near the hole that the runningback read as open a split second earlier.

Not disagreeing with this in any way, but it also reminds me of the importance of being a smart, disciplined, hard working and well coached team. 

Which reminds me of my larger opinion...who we pick this weekend matters little until a new front office and coaching staff join them.

4 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

If that happened, and moved up to get him, 

you can bet the H.C is gone after this season. His game philosophy is the polar opposite of how you would use Murray 

That's fine. At that point Murray would be much more important to the Franchise's future than Gruden, who sucks anyways. Coaching candidates would be lining up to work with Murray too, as long as Allen is also gone.

4 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

He is one of 12 official WR prospects that we visited. (with KaVontae Turpin being the unofficial 13th) I think that we are genuinely interested in getting a big bodied, athletic mismatch that can go over the middle and chew up the field on play action go routes. DK is one 2 (imo) top tier options at this position. The other being N'Keal Harry. I know we said we werent interested in him. But I think that is at 15. If we move down, I could see this pick happening.

My worry is he's an athletic freak, combine warrior, who can't run a route, and can't get separation despite those gifts.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That's fine. At that point Murray would be much more important to the Franchise's future than Gruden, who sucks anyways. Coaching candidates would be lining up to work with Murray too, as long as Allen is also gone.

Agree 100% 

wouldn't get my hopes up, Bruce is locked in for the long haul. 

Wonder if Cowher is missing coaching! 

We we can dream! 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Jeez if the Cardinals take Bosa everything goes crazy imo. That's the one scenario I can see causing a huge trade up...from us or someone else.

What's weird is, from what I've read, everyone seems to assume the scenario has the 49ers staying put at #2, and the Jets pick at #3 is the one everyone is bidding over.  That doesn't make sense.

It also doesn't make sense for the Cardinals to stay at #1 if they're not drafting Murray.  They could gain a nice hall without even moving down much.  Raiders are at #4 and Giants at #6.  The Cardinals can still get a premier player at either of those spots.

Crazy conspiracy theory here:

NFL is getting extra money from ABC, as they'll broadcast the event in addition to ESPN and NFL Network.  ABC paid this money, and doesn't want the main story spoiled before the coverage begins.  NFL has told all of the media members/teams, not to say anything until ABC goes on air.

It'll be announced that the Cardinals are either trading the #1 pick or trading Rosen right when coverage starts at 8pm.

25 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Call me crazy but not even Dan and Bruce are dumb enough to tip their hand this hard.Smoke is all it is to make a Team like the Gaints worry.

You're crazy. 

Never underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. Especially when it comes to those two yokels. 

3 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Crazy conspiracy theory here:

NFL is getting extra money from ABC, as they'll broadcast the event in addition to ESPN and NFL Network.  ABC paid this money, and doesn't want the main story spoiled before the coverage begins.  NFL has told all of the media members/teams, not to say anything until ABC goes on air.

It'll be announced that the Cardinals are either trading the #1 pick or trading Rosen right when coverage starts at 8pm.

I had heard something like this about a month ago. It was along the lines that the Skins/Cards had a deal for Rosen all sewn up but that the NFL didn't want it announced to try to build draft hype. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chris Russell just echoes more or less what Paulson said earlier which is Dan wants Haskins pushed to trade up but was talked out of trading up.  

Good, because duct tape was the next step.

duct-tape-man.jpg

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chris Russell just echoes more or less what Paulson said earlier which is Dan wants Haskins pushed to trade up but was talked out of trading up.  And he suspects the FO people are going to win out and do what they want as opposed to Dan pushing it. 

These guys making these insider predictions are .....

2CD4F453-5B0B-4304-B3BA-4577EF49E82E.gif

Hmmm. IF Murray doesnt go at one than there is absolutely no reason to trade up if they want a QB in round one. One of those guys WILL be there at 15 in that case. 

By the way home early from work for the first time in a LONG time. Cracked a fresh bottle of Macallan 12 and it is going down REAL smooth right now. Hence. Tomorrow may be the first time I have called in sick to work in a LONG time. :)

1 minute ago, Skinarchy said:

These guys making these insider predictions are .....

Like I've been saying they are all so different as to the narratives that I can't think of a better situation to see which one is the best sourced.  There isn't one narrative that exactly mirrors the other.

on another note, Devin Bush looking unlikely 😧

Archived