Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three little Birds thread, It's gonna be aight. Good ju-ju thread

SWFLSkins

I don't want to go all in on the "everything will be all right" train just yet, however I will say that regardless of what Guice would have provided this season they key from where I sit is still going to be the defense and what they can provide (if healthy).  Even with last year's lack of a running game, the offense overall managed to get it done more times then not but the defense took on too many injuries too early in the season and there was no depth to adequately carry the load. 

Also, while Bibbs & Marshall are not Guice, they were two players that showed us some speed and quickness that was missing after Thompson went down.  Definitely something the team could have used more of during the entire season.

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't want to go all in on the "everything will be all right" train just yet, however I will say that regardless of what Guice would have provided this season they key from where I sit is still going to be the defense and what they can provide (if healthy).  Even with last year's lack of a running game, the offense overall managed to get it done more times then not but the defense took on too many injuries too early in the season and there was no depth to adequately carry the load. 

Also, while Bibbs & Marshall are not Guice, they were two players that showed us some speed and quickness that was missing after Thompson went down.  Definitely something the team could have used more of during the entire season.

12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Davis was projected to make a leap in his 2nd year, and given an opportunity to do it in the regular season.

And seemed to be on his way there, during camp.

True, but I'm excited about Cam Sims.  Dude has length and athleticism to make some spectacular plays.   And finally we have QB thereay won't be afraid to give his receivers a chance. 

Had to take a quick breather from the board after news of the Guice out for season. We've been starved for a RB like him since prime Portis which has been almost a decade. Someone with legitimate talent and a personality to be the face of the franchise. And I was super pumped up to watch him this year, so this one stung really badly.

However, Reed, CT, Doctson, Richardson, Crowder, and VD is still quite a bit to handle with Smith's legs to boot. What sucks though is I think a dangerous run game with Guice to go along with those guys in the pass game would have potentially made us lethal. And I thought the presence of Guice would lessen the importance of Reed/CT being healthy for the entire year. Now we are back to I'm sure being an effective offense, but one that is a bit one-dimensional and one that relies heavily on the health of Reed and CT. We all know how that could play out.

All that being said, season hasn't even begun and the doom and gloom is a bit much. I truly think our Front 7 will be scary good and have the ability to take over games. As I mentioned, still plenty of pieces on offense for Jay to put us in position to score points. There are countless examples of teams losing key players and still contending. I mean the Eagles losing Wentz had to feel ten times more deflating for Eagles fans than us losing Guice even, and they still went and won the SB. Vikes lost Cook, their exciting young back last year and still made a deep run. It really is a next man up league, that's just the nature of football really.

The one silver lining is that it happened this early. He should be 100% good to go by next year, and as was mentioned, is only 20-21 years old. I can only hope we are going into 2019 talking about carrying over a successful 2018 campaign, adding another talented draft class, AND getting Guice back.

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Brandon Scherff best pick since the silverback!!

I was so pissed at the time when they took scherff over leonard Williams, but it played out beautifully.  We ended up getting our star d line prospect in 17, hopefully another in 18.  But what I loved about the pick was by taking scherff, and getting a pro bowl rg, the pick also led to a pro bowl rt due to Moses simultaneous improvement, and a pro bowl QB, as not only did a solid o line allow the Redskins to make a better judgement on our QBs, but it turned out we had a pretty good one.  Plus scherff has such a mean streak he is such a fun guy to watch and root for.

The transition from when scherff was selected when I was saying "what is gmsm doing" to "wow that took some guts and time showed that it was the best decision" is the reason that although Cleveland got some flak for reaching for both Mayfield and ward, I feel gmsm will get the last laugh on that one as well.

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I was so pissed at the time when they took scherff over leonard Williams, but it played out beautifully.  We ended up getting our star d line prospect in 17, hopefully another in 18.  But what I loved about the pick was by taking scherff, and getting a pro bowl rg, the pick also led to a pro bowl rt due to Moses simultaneous improvement, and a pro bowl QB, as not only did a solid o line allow the Redskins to make a better judgement on our QBs, but it turned out we had a pretty good one.  Plus scherff has such a mean streak he is such a fun guy to watch and root for.

The transition from when scherff was selected when I was saying "what is gmsm doing" to "wow that took some guts and time showed that it was the best decision" is the reason that although Cleveland got some flak for reaching for both Mayfield and ward, I feel gmsm will get the last laugh on that one as well.

Ya I'm on year 1.5 on enjoying my Scherff jersey... I believe I was on the Williams train as well but as it got closer rumor started about Scherff and so I researched him and said dear Lord please let him be our pick.. seeing what the cowgirls were putting together I was getting jealous..I was sooo excited when we picked him..

Wasn't?...oh yeaaaahhhhh ok that's who I wanted..I wanted Collins he was in that same draft..haha the Giants wanted Scherff...I wanted Collins because of his love for Sean Taylor..I'm still very happy we got Scherff but having Collins would be just as amazing...that dude balls out!!! I love the way he plays.. I love watching him play it's just unfortunate he is wearing the wrong colors..

Archived