Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

ND is a lock but their lone marquee win (over Michigan) this season got devalued a lot yesterday. 

Assuming Clemson and Bama don't lose, I guess tOSU gets the nod over OU (even though I think OU would be a harder team to face in the layoffs).

This all gets muddled if UGA can beat Bama. UGA would be that 4th team right?

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Bama is in no matter what.  Bama, Clemson, Golden Losers, OSU.  

Bama vs. Clemson for title.  Bama makes Trevor Lawrence look like a frosh.  Blow out.

Yeah we all know Bama is blowing out everyone on the way. 

There is no DeShaun Watson or “85 yards thru the heart of the south” this year 

I think most of the scenarios have become pretty clear:

- Notre Dame is in, and they will be no worse than the three seed.  They will get the two seed if either Alabama or Clemson lose, and the one seed if both lose.

- If Alabama beats Georgia, they're in as the one seed.

- If Clemson beats Pitt, they're in as no worse than the two seed, with a chance at the one seed if Alabama loses to Georgia.

- If Georgia beats Alabama, they're in.  Potentially as the two seed if Clemson loses.  They'd be the three seed if Clemson won too.

- If Georgia loses and Oklahoma wins, they're in as the four seed if Clemson wins.  If Clemson loses in this scenario, they'd be the three seed.

- If Ohio State wins and both Georgia and Oklahoma lose, they're in.  If Ohio State wins and either Georgia or Oklahoma win, then they need the other to lose and Clemson to lose to have a chance at getting in.  If both Georgia and Oklahoma win, there is no chance that Ohio State gets in.  They would not get in over a one loss Alabama team.

- UCF's only path is to beat Memphis and have each of Georgia, Oklahoma, and Ohio State lose.  Clemson still gets in over them with one loss.

- If Clemson loses and Georgia and Oklahoma win, then they're out.  They would fall to five and Alabama would be the four seed.

There are only two interesting/controversial potential scenarios left:

- Clemson loses, Alabama wins, Oklahoma and Ohio State win.  Which one of Clemson or Ohio State gets the four seed?

- Alabama loses, Clemson wins, Oklahoma wins.  Which one of Alabama or Oklahoma gets the four seed?  What if Alabama loses by more than three?

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So far I'm hearing...

Gene Chizik - DC

Tim Brewster - TEs/Stud Recruiter

Tommy Thigpen - LBs/Stud Recruiter

Kevin Kingsbury - OC

So the answer is yes. :cheers:

Way to hire the coach that was there at the beginning of the massive academic fraud scandal. But I’m sure his success had nothing to do with that. 😉

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Kevin Kingsbury - OC

If you're referring to Kliff, sorry, he'd be my choice for passing game coordinator, under Dan Enos as OC, with Toub as HC for this here washington team. 

Which means that Dan Snyder has of course never heard of any of them. 

1 minute ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

If you're referring to Kliff, sorry, he'd be my choice for passing game coordinator, under Dan Enos as OC, with Toub as HC for this here washington team. 

Which means that Dan Snyder has of course never heard of any of them. 

I did mean Kliff.  I'm all on board the Toub train, I seriously think it could happen.  Coordinators from KC have been doing well, maybe Snyder tries to follow the trend.    

I was high on Mel Tucker at UGA as well.  Was hoping we'd give him a long look, but I guess Mack checked all the boxes.

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Way to hire the coach that was there at the beginning of the massive academic fraud scandal. But I’m sure his success had nothing to do with that. 😉

I was probably in some of those classes. 🤣

Archived