Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

Well if they’re taking the best 4 teams, I think GA is better than OU. 

A loss to lsu and Alabama don’t change that.  

If they think OU is better, I’d be okay with that too.  Just don’t try and claim wins and losses are more inportant 

28 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Results on the field matter. If we are just taking the 4 best teams then we can announce that after week 2. 

If GA loses this game, even in OT I can’t justify putting them in the playoff 

why even have a regular season 

Yeah, I don't think it's right to just say "4 best" as justification for taking teams regardless f what their results are.

Honestly, if Georgia wins, I wouldn't take Alabama. Both they and OU would be 12-1 and OU avenged their loss and has a conference title. But I'm sure Alabama will get in regardless.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Honestly, if Georgia wins, I wouldn't take Alabama. Both they and OU would be 12-1 and OU avenged their loss and has a conference title. But I'm sure Alabama will get in regardless. 

As they should.  They crushed their schedule to this point where OU squeaked out wins against Army and Oklahoma St and West Virginia.  Losing to a top four team after your QB goes down with injury is not a bad loss.  And winning the Big 12 =/= to winning the SEC.  The SEC is head and shoulders better.

No rational analyst would argue that OU deserves to get in over Bama.  Bama is so much better than they are.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

As they should.  They crushed their schedule to this point where OU squeaked out wins against Army and Oklahoma St and West Virginia.  Losing to a top four team after your QB goes down with injury is not a bad loss.  And winning the Big 12 =/= to winning the SEC.  The SEC is head and shoulders better.

No rational analyst would argue that OU deserves to get in over Bama.  Bama is so much better than they are.

College football being the one sport where how you look can allow people to "feel" you're better and override Ws and Ls. That's why I don't get invested in it.

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

GA doesn’t deserve to get in with that garbage. Hand the game to them on a platter 

They won't get in with two losses.  Doesn't matter if this game goes to OT.  Oklahoma will be the four seed.  Alabama will beat them by 40.

At least the Clemson vs Notre Dame game should be good.

Archived