Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:58 PM, DCSaints_fan said:

You really expect universities to pass on 100% of their income to players?  

I know that for research grants, most universities take at least 50% for "overhead" (which is a gross overcharge for the services they actually provide ) 

Just for the huge playoff I created. They can keep all the regular season tv money and the gates and the merchandise and all the rest of the stuff they steal from players.

1 hour ago, China said:

Not surprised with his health issues.  Now Michigan under Jim Harbaugh may finally be able to beat Ohio State.

Oh, we're falling for this again?

There has to be some kind of agreement in principle with the Browns, right?

14 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Just for the huge playoff I created. They can keep all the regular season tv money and the gates and the merchandise and all the rest of the stuff they steal from players.

Oh, we're falling for this again?

There has to be some kind of agreement in principle with the Browns, right?

It wouldnt surprise me if this was a genuine retirement due to health concerns, and YET he still came back after a couple years to couch again -- he is only 54 years old.  Lemme explain - Im no neurologist (yet, working on that), but I do have somewhat similar experience with my father and a his own retirement due to stress related health concerns (he had small vessel disease and numerous strokes due to underlying hypertension).  Now he didnt couch the OSU football team, but he was similarly an "alpha male", and managed $100 million programs for various NGO's, so he too had a stressful job. 

At some point, health concerns caused him to retire -- and we were thinking things would get better.  Instead, things got just much worse, and fast.  He flipped between depression, and being very bored, and was dead within 3 years of retiring.  He just wasnt wired to be able to able to sit back and relax, and neither is Urban Meyer.  We thought the job was the source of the stress -- but it really isnt in these type of folks, they're just wired that way.  Instead of being stressed out about some logistical issue at work, theyll end up getting stressed out about the fact that tomorrow is trash day -- and drive everybody, INCLUDING themselves, absolutely insane.  Turns out the job, which was scapegoated as the cause of his stress, was actually maybe even a healthy outlet for some of that stress and pent up energy -- this is the psychological principal of "displacement."  I believe Urban is about to discover this principal -- if not, his wife will discover it pretty quickly and start BEGGING him to go back to coach before she kills him cause he's driving her nuts at home.      

Really, the only way to deal with these kinds of issues, is to deal with their underlying psychological disposition.  Quitting the job is not the answer, because the job isnt the underlying problem -- their psychological/physiological makeup IS the problem.  This can only be dealt with somewhat with medications or better yet a combination of allopathic symptomatic treatment and a commitment to behavioral therapy in an attempt to re-wire their brain.  Now if Urban Meyer wants to retire for a while in order to dedicate himself to a serious behavioral therapy adjustment, then good for him.   But if he thinks that just quitting the job is enough, then he will fail spectacularly, and quickly.  Either way, I see him returning to the sidelines in a couple of years, and I dont think it will have been an intentional decison to "weasel his way out of OSU."    

• 3 weeks later...

Archived