Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

Clemson losing to Pitt is Ohio State's only path now.  Even still, Clemson probably has to lose big.

And even in that eventuality, Georgia might still get in over Ohio State.

We all just saw Georgia outplay Bama and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on the back of one of the worst coaching decisions you will ever see.  I could live with taking Georgia over Ohio State in the even that Clemson loses.

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I'm sure that fake punt will go over well back in Athens.  Way to fool 'em Kirby!

It took me by surprise that they could call something that stupid. 

They were, what, a matter of inches from downing it inside the three on the previous punt? Pshhhhh who needs that 

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It took me by surprise that they could call something that stupid. 

You know, if it had been 4th and 3 and they called that play, it still would've been stupid as hell but at least you could admire the guts in the stupidity.

4th and 11?  That's a fireable offense.  Will Smart get fired?  Of course not.  But it's still a fireable offense.

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I knew Pitt was trash but good lord the ACC is a sad state if this bad of a team plays for their title.

Also I think OU scores 40+ against Bama. Their offensive talent is light years beyond the SEC. They just won't be able to stop Hurts/Tua very often. 😁 

OU hasn't played a defense worth a damn this year either.  And it isn't going to be easy to move the ball if Brown's foot is broken.

Nobody but SEC fans can talk **** about the ACC this year either.

I think Kyler Murray is a big difference maker for OU.

Also, my bad in that I hadn't realized that the B12 already said Texas gets the Sugar with a loss (and a OU playoff bid). I don't get it but whatever, WVU had opportunities to win some games they lost. 

Also...did Tua lose the Heisman today? Or at least make it closer for Murray and Grier (who I guess will finish 3rd???)? Edit..maybe Haskins ends up 3rd.

Osu nw. Fumble?

So players should ignore the whistle now just in case a call is overturned?  

What a bs call. 

It was clearly a fumble.  But if the whistle is blowing players stop.  How can anyone say with certainty who would have recovered if no whistle?  

I’d still give it to Tua. He’s been banged up all season and was hurt even more immediately in this game. 

People say Murray had better stats but Tua threw 3 passes in the 4th quarter all year because he played so little of them. Add up those 4th quarters and there are games worth of extra stats he missed out on. 

Murray will probably get it because Tua can always get it next year and it feels like tradition for the big 12 QB to get it and then get smoked in a spotlight playoff/bowl game 

Archived