Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

Absolutely ****ing hosed by the B12 refs. Blown easy targeting call, bull**** blocking call that NEVER gets called (and then spot it 20+ yards behind where it happened), lots of missed PI's and a BS OPI call on Sills.

****ing terrible. Honestly what's the point in watching these games if two teams in the conference always get the calls?

2 hours ago, Major Harris said:

TEG that blocking call wasn’t BS.  It was one of the most boneheaded plays in program history.  He ran that dude 10 yards out of bounds. 

The point was that it's never called. Case in point...

I'm also curious as to where the penalty actually occurred because they ended up moving the ball 15 yatds from around the OU 42. For some reason I remember the penalty being closer to the OU 20-25 but I can't find the video replay to confirm.

Edit..nevermind the video shows it was around the 40 when they first go out of bounds.

Also...here is the only thing in the rulebook about it.

Late Hit, Action Out of Bounds

ARTICLE 7.

[...]

c. It is illegal for any player to be clearly out of bounds when he initiates a block against an opponent who is out of bounds. The spot of the foul is where the blocker crosses the sideline in going out of bounds.

I wonder how many coaches see Grier and think “he can make all the throws, but the way he’s treats the ball is gonna get me fired.”

9 hours ago, ShredSkins said:

Kyler Murray is better than Baker Mayfield.

And this isn’t even the sport he’s going to play professionally! 

I'm kind of glad OSU is taking Michigan out.  While I generally root against these teams as a Penn State fan, I do like the conference to do well during bowl season, but I'm not sure the Big10 really deserves to have a representative in the championship this go around.  Would rather not have one of our teams embarrassed by Alabama this year.

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Unrelated but I would be shocked if Grier, Sills, Jennings, Cajuste and David Long play in the  bowl game. They have nothing to play for as they are all solid draft picks.

Expect WVU to get wiped out by whoever they play.

Have any high draft picks done this in recent years? Makes sense but I can’t remember an example.

Archived