Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well it's been 20 years that ND fans have been dormant because their football team has been irrelevant.  I guess they are back with the vengeance that comes from two decades of pent up attention-seeking.  Protip:  When you are basing your strength of schedule argument on a 5 point win over Pitt, time to rethink.  :ols:

What's funny is I addressed this earlier in this thread and posted all the teams that have played in the NCG or playoff since 2001. It's pretty much a monopoly, but ND has a better resume than 95% of the nation and most schools can't claim a NCG or even a time they were in the discussion in November.

ND played in the NCG in 2012. They were in the discussion twice in the past 5 years in November. Most Power 5 schools cannot even make that claim. 

That's actually what's funny to me, people want to talk like ND was only relevant in the 80's and 90's but the vast majority of college football can't match their resume in the past 20 years or so

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

image.png

Stanford holds neither tiebreaker.

image.png.0be8a2230c27ab53b600b7e427a842d3.png

I'm not trying to quibble over the power rankings of the Pac 12, conference is a joke. My larger point was up until 2 weeks ago Stanford actually had legitimate shot at conference championship game. Couple that with USC just last week playing for a chance to be in the hunt. The lack of a conference championship game to me is absurd based on the projected teams in most of the power 5. 

Big picture... Clemson's schedule is not going to match up to ND's, but there's a lot of hate in the world

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Welp, Cuse’s starting QB went down on their second series. Luck of the Irish, I guess. 

Yea- He definitely woulda helped keeping 36 from being hung on the board. Haters gotta hate

It's all good, just saying this is a different ND team from the start of season. Said it after few games, defense moves like I haven't seen in years. Book is very good QB. 

We just smashed Clemson's best win of the season.

On 11/15/2018 at 9:44 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

They better not lose to Syracuse.  They're not getting in if they do.

LOL, nice one

38 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Yea- He definitely woulda helped keeping 36 from being hung on the board. Haters gotta hate

It's all good, just saying this is a different ND team from the start of season. Said it after few games, defense moves like I haven't seen in years. Book is very good QB. 

We just smashed Clemson's best win of the season.

LOL, nice one

Notre Dame deserves to be in the playoffs and they are legit good, but let’s not pretend they have a bunch of quality wins. Great win against Michigan, played at ND and their best road win was at four loss Northwestern. 

56 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Is USC a bigger name than Penn State?

I think that it'd be an easier gig—he'd be recruiting in a talent, rich home state. Not as competitive as BigTen.

Anyway, if he goes—bring back Moorhead.

Either way, he'll use this to sweeten his deal.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Is USC a bigger name than Penn State?

I think that it'd be an easier gig—he'd be recruiting in a talent, rich home state. Not as competitive as BigTen.

Anyway, if he goes—bring back Moorhead.

Either way, he'll use this to sweeten his deal.

Look, man, these jobs don't make any sense. Jimbo sprinted from FSU to A&M despite the fact that a well-run FSU program seems like it should compete for a national title every year and a well run-A&M program seems like it can make the SEC title game once a decade if things go really well.

4 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Look, man, these jobs don't make any sense. Jimbo sprinted from FSU to A&M despite the fact that a well-run FSU program seems like it should compete for a national title every year and a well run-A&M program seems like it can make the SEC title game once a decade if things go really well. 

Money explains it.  Take a look at how much revenue that A&M program generates.  Now take a look at FSU's.  Arkansas makes more money than Florida State.

With that unlimited A&M money to pay players Jimbo Fisher will be the highest paid coach in CFB in five years and win at least one national title.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Money explains it.  Take a look at how much revenue that A&M program generates.  Now take a look at FSU's.  Arkansas makes more money than Florida State.

With that unlimited A&M money to pay players Jimbo Fisher will be the highest paid coach in CFB in five years and win at least one national title.

That ****ing man-gina will never win a title at A&M!!!!!   

Archived