Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

I've seen a lot of bad (Syracuse/WVU circa 1992), incompetent (VT players illegally using aerosoled stickem in a rainstorm against WVU in 2004 and ESPN reporting on it) , and/or crooked officiating in football in 30+ years. Not sure I've ever seen it as bad as it was in the Texas/WVU game.

Personally, I hope the entire crew is fired this week. They don't deserve to referee peewee football 

One of many reasons I am looking forward to going to Saturday's WVU / TCU game.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25196726/west-virginia-mountaineers-moonshine-college-football-tradition-tailgates

"Moonshine is part of our heritage," says Darrell Brown of Burnsville, who has supplied the tailgate he regularly attends in the Blue Lot in front of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, which sits across the street from the stadium. "It's a way to bring people together."

Brown's moonshine roots date back to Prohibition. His great-grandfather was shot and killed by the revenuers while running shine. Brown still has the recipe his great-grandfather used -- "The slower you cook it," he explains, "the better it is" -- but he rarely drinks it. "I bring it for everybody else," he says.

To anyone who explores the tailgating scene at West Virginia, moonshine mason jars actually aren't readily visible. Instead, they're usually tucked away, waiting to be brought out when a friend or family member arrives -- or even when a fan of another team from Kansas, Oklahoma or Texas walks by.

"That's one thing I want to caution you against," says Tim Wolfe of Morgantown. "Don't take West Virginians as nothing but hillbillies that drink moonshine blah, blah, blah. That's not who we are. Moonshine is a way to bring generations together. It's part of our history. ... And West Virginia's one big family."

ND the most disrespected team in nation. Still need to hear debates if Michigan should be ranked ahead of them. They trounced them head to head. Further, ND solid on both sides of the ball where Michigan D heavy. 

Syracuse gonna be a tester in NY and rivalry game in USC, but if they can win out they should be #2 based on schedule over Clemson. I really think they are better and will keep close eye on that Tua injury. Shaping up to be interesting

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

ND the most disrespected team in nation. Still need to hear debates if Michigan should be ranked ahead of them. They trounced them head to head. Further, ND solid on both sides of the ball where Michigan D heavy. 

Syracuse gonna be a tester in NY and rivalry game in USC, but if they can win out they should be #2 based on schedule over Clemson. I really think they are better and will keep close eye on that Tua injury. Shaping up to be interesting

How is a team that is ranked the #3 team in the country the most disrespected?  They aren't better than 'bama.  Other than Michigan, none of the teams they've beaten are in the top 25.  Sounds like they are given the respect they are due and not fawned all over, like you would like.

And since when is beating a team by 7 points in college football a "trouncing"?  ND should be ranked ahead of Michigan due to their head to head victory.

23 hours ago, China said:

How is a team that is ranked the #3 team in the country the most disrespected?  They aren't better than 'bama.  Other than Michigan, none of the teams they've beaten are in the top 25.  Sounds like they are given the respect they are due and not fawned all over, like you would like.

And since when is beating a team by 7 points in college football a "trouncing"?  ND should be ranked ahead of Michigan due to their head to head victory.

Score didn't really indicate dominance ND had throughout the game. 

But they are going to have played multiple teams that will be playing in Conference Championships in the Power 5. It's the idea that ND's past weaker teams are being factored into this years team. ND's schedule is way stronger than Clemson's, not even close. They played teams from Pac 12, SEC, ACC and Big10. Can't control if it's a down year for some of the teams, but when you have Michigan, FSU, USC and Stanford on your schedule you've done your job.

Compare their schedule to Clemson and tell me why they're not #2 in the nation. That's the disrespect.

On 11/12/2018 at 10:43 AM, Bonez3 said:

Score didn't really indicate dominance ND had throughout the game. 

But they are going to have played multiple teams that will be playing in Conference Championships in the Power 5. It's the idea that ND's past weaker teams are being factored into this years team. ND's schedule is way stronger than Clemson's, not even close. They played teams from Pac 12, SEC, ACC and Big10. Can't control if it's a down year for some of the teams, but when you have Michigan, FSU, USC and Stanford on your schedule you've done your job.

Compare their schedule to Clemson and tell me why they're not #2 in the nation. That's the disrespect.

Nope. 

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Clemson:  SOS rank 46

ND:  SOS rank 49

Archived