Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Not sure what this is referring to, but I'm on board anyway.  For me that guy is going down as the epitome of the corrupt NCAA coach.

I just saw his name pop up earlier for another scandal, this time a cover up for Zach Smith's altercation with a now former WR on the team. I haven't read much on it other than the initial claims below. 

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ohio-State-Urban-Meyer-Zach-Smith-Racial-spat-hidden-between-assistant-Trevon-Grimes-124672847/

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Nope. 

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Clemson:  SOS rank 46

ND:  SOS rank 49

Read into report... trust your eyes or question the answers.

Top 10 opponents; ND 1, Clemson 0

Top 30 opponents; ND2, Clemson 2

But just look at schedule, how could anyone at this point state Clemson played anybody, let alone a tougher schedule than ND. 

21 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Read into report... trust your eyes or question the answers.

Top 10 opponents; ND 1, Clemson 0

Top 30 opponents; ND2, Clemson 2

But just look at schedule, how could anyone at this point state Clemson played anybody, let alone a tougher schedule than ND. 

Because Stanford probably shouldn't have been ranked that high to begin with, they have lost 4 games now and are unranked.  That #7 rank when you beat them doesn't matter as much now that they have fallen out of the top 25.  Clemson basically rolled every team they played except Texas A&M, Cuse (who wasn't ranked when they played them, but is #12 currently) and BC (still a 20 point victory).  

Plus, being a **** school that refuses to completely join a conference hurts them as they have no championship game to play in.  Sure Clemson played GA Southern and Furman, but ND played Ball State, Vanderbuilt, Navy, NW.  Weak as hell, not that Clemson played that tougher of a schedule, but it was still tougher by 3 ranks.  

They need to pray a little harder to Touchdown Jesus to get the school to completely join the ACC in football so everything is settled on the field in the championship game.  

Clemson beat 4 of these 5, listed according to last week's CFP rankings (not UF).  Combined score 123-63.

image.png.4ca22df1448148d977a0ad35c6f9c754.png

Notre Dame has beaten 1 team currently ranked in the top 25.  It's Michigan, who are currently #4, and that's a really good win, but that's it (and it was 2 and a half months ago). 

This Clemson v. Notre Dame business is dumb.  

19 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've been entertained by Desmond Howard's blatant ACC envy/hate the past few weeks.  I'm going to laugh if Michigan loses to Ohio State and the Big 10 gets shut out of the playoffs again.

if Ohio State beats Michigan they are getting in the playoff

Bama

Clemson

ND

OSU

Yay

The only way it doesn't happen is if GA miraculously beats Bama, then GA and Bama would both get in. 

Otherwise OSU will have a recent victory over #4 Michigan and they will throttle the doormat Northwestern in the B1G champ game to further move up. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Otherwise OSU will have a recent victory over #4 Michigan and they will throttle the doormat Northwestern in the B1G champ game to further move up. 

And a blowout loss to a crap team on their resume that neither Washington State, Oklahoma, or West Virginia have.  Not only that, if Georgia's only other loss is a close one to Bama in the SEC championship, they'll get in with two losses before a one loss Ohio State team because losses to Bama and LSU in Baton Rogue will be forgiven.  Ohio State is not going to leap frog all of these other teams this year unless all hell breaks loose for them in the final two weeks.  Their schedule wasn't good enough and they had yet another unforgivable loss.  Michigan is the Big 10's shot of getting a playoff team in this year.

Seriously, who is opposed to my idea of playing all the ball games on January 1 like it's 1978 and the voting Alabama the champion at the end of the day? Get a meat platter and a case of beer and show up an hour late to work the next day.

Here's the problem with the 4 team playoff. Occasionally, there aren't four truly deserving teams. I think we all agree that Notre Dame is a fraud and they beat Michigan who is probably also a fraud. Big 12 teams are fraudulent by their very nature so they should automatically be excluded. I'm not even sure if the Pac 10 is the Pac 10 or the Pac 12 but it doesn't matter, because those teams are more fraudulent than the Big 12 unless USC is cheating in which case, USC is the best team in the nation.

Also, I just looked the rankings for the first time in weeks and see that Syracuse is #12 which means that Frank Beamer is apparently now coaching them. When did that happen?

Anyway, let's plop Alabama vs Clemson in the Fiesta Bowl at 8 PM, ET on New Years Day and have 20 games lead up to it.

Tell me I'm wrong about anything I just wrote.

8 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Clemson beat 4 of these 5, listed according to last week's CFP rankings (not UF).  Combined score 123-63.

image.png.4ca22df1448148d977a0ad35c6f9c754.png

Notre Dame has beaten 1 team currently ranked in the top 25.  It's Michigan, who are currently #4, and that's a really good win, but that's it (and it was 2 and a half months ago). 

This Clemson v. Notre Dame business is dumb.  

This is wrong so many times.

Clemson didn't beat Miss St or Florida, so do the math again. Kinda Fuzzy

You knock ND's record against 'current' record vs top 25 but get the facts wrong. Further, NC State not currently a member in top 25 but you post last weeks data in an attempt to bolster Clemson's record vs top 25.

Given THIS WEEK'S ranking, ND has beaten 2 teams in the top 25 (NW, UM- 22, 4 respectively). Clemson beat 2 (Syracuse, BC- 12 & 20) respectively.

ND currently 10 point favorites against Clemson's best win of year. 

There are some dumb things posted here, but I do want to set the record straight to some facts.

9 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Because Stanford probably shouldn't have been ranked that high to begin with, they have lost 4 games now and are unranked.  That #7 rank when you beat them doesn't matter as much now that they have fallen out of the top 25.  Clemson basically rolled every team they played except Texas A&M, Cuse (who wasn't ranked when they played them, but is #12 currently) and BC (still a 20 point victory).  

Plus, being a **** school that refuses to completely join a conference hurts them as they have no championship game to play in.  Sure Clemson played GA Southern and Furman, but ND played Ball State, Vanderbuilt, Navy, NW.  Weak as hell, not that Clemson played that tougher of a schedule, but it was still tougher by 3 ranks.  

They need to pray a little harder to Touchdown Jesus to get the school to completely join the ACC in football so everything is settled on the field in the championship game.  

See above... People argue about conference championships and than say ND's schedule soft because they don't play in one. 

Tell me NW is weak... well they're playing in the Big10 championship. Beat them

Tell me Pitt is weak.... well they're probably playing in the ACC championship game. Beat them

We played multiple teams in th PAC 12 that very well coulda played in a championship game but because the conference is so weak a horrible ASU team probably will.

Stop with the conference championship crap. It's a joke, the teams that will be competing in them this year are far from 'elite'. Half of them ND already beat.  ASU, NW, Pitt...whoaaaaaaa. ND really needs to play a 'conference championship' game

Well it's been 20 years that ND fans have been dormant because their football team has been irrelevant.  I guess they are back with the vengeance that comes from two decades of pent up attention-seeking.  Protip:  When you are basing your strength of schedule argument on a 5 point win over Pitt, time to rethink.  :ols:

9 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

I don't know... USC, Stanford. Not ND's fault the conference is a joke. These teams were fighting for a title spot all year

My question was that you said ND played a lot of teams in the PAC12 that could have been playing in the championship game, implying that those are good wins/teams. Then you immediately said those teams won't be playing in the championship game because the conference is so weak. 

It doesn't add up. 

Archived