Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

New York State A.G. Underwood made referrals to the IRS and to the Federal Election Commission as an offshoot of this suit for possible criminal prosecution. 

But what I had read was that he violated state and federal laws.  So why no indictment for the state laws broken?  Why the suit instead?  

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

They are referring their findings to the FEC and IRS.

Still don't understand.  See question above.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

But what I had read was that he violated state and federal laws.  So why no indictment for the state laws broken?  Why the suit instead?  

Still don't understand.  See question above.

State CIVIL law , hence the suit rather than criminal charges.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

But shouldn't a civilian bring a civilian suit then?  I just don't understand the finer points of the legal system.

just different aspects, in general civil is fines and such and criminal is jail time

One thing you gotta be amazed with Trump is his ability to just fabricate things.  If you didn't already know he is pretty much constantly lying about everything, I swear.  It's almost like this is all just a new TV show to him where the only rule is you go out there and put on a smile or grunt in his case and just say whatever you have to say....wait for the real stuff behind closed doors, except in Trump's case, from what we hear, he is still in fantasy land when the camera stop rolling too.

I was watching that video about how he was talking about how everyone wanted to work in his White House.  The best of the best...they all want a piece.  The way he was delivering those lines, I think he actually believed it himself.  Of course news hit today that the Oval Office is having a job fair for positions because no one wants to work for him.

Man......I marvel at his ability to lie with no bounds. It's like that is his X-Men mutation. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

No dice, I like Ike, the best POTUS in my lifetime.  Reagan the second best while the rest of them stunk.  Truman because of the Korean War,  Kennedy for Viet Nam, Johnson for Viet Nam and the ruinous Great Society, Nixon for Viet Nam, Carter for Iran and other failings, GHWB for his New World Order, trade policy, Gulf War and stationing troops in Saudia Arabia other things, Clinton for NAFTA, most favored nations status to China and subprime mortgage program, GWB for his runious Iraq war, subprime mortgage mess, and finally Obama for exploiding the debt, subprime mortgage advocate, Obamacare, radicallizing the Democrats into the Raceacrats with his Alinskite tactics.

I wasn't sure how old you are but this post clears this up. You are a child of the 50's. No wonder you want you want a return to that time.  Well, it isn't happening. you Trumpsters may have power now but that will eventually you will lose that.  Your dreams of your racist paradise, won't happen.  

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I wasn't sure how old you are but this post clears this up. You are a child of the 50's. No wonder you want you want a return to that time.  Well, it isn't happening. you Trumpsters may have power now but that will eventually you will lose that.  Your dreams of your racist paradise, won't happen.  

Has he mentioned the tax rates of the 50's?

I like how the lawsuit alleging “persistent criminal behavior” by the President and his kids is barely a footnote for the news three days after it was announced. It’s something that would have ended the presidency of any of the prior 44 presidents, and we all just collectively shrug because it’s only the 8th worst thing he’s done this week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I like how the lawsuit alleging “persistent criminal behavior” by the President and his kids is barely a footnote for the news three days after it was announced. It’s something that would have ended the presidency of any of the prior 44 presidents, and we all just collectively shrug because it’s only the 8th worst thing he’s done this week. 

At this point, the only thing left to see is how any of this hurts the GOP at the ballot box. Two things are abdundantly clear:

1. Trump and his family are awful people, likely criminals and hell bent on subverting the rule of law. 

2. Congressional GOP is actively engaged in covering up for them. 

If the public doesn’t punish them in November, it will only embolden the crooks and this country is likely doomed for the foreseeable future.  

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 1:48 PM, Veryoldschool said:

Another tunnel in the Impeachment Bunny hole for you to lose yourselves in, I find this amusing.  You'll be wishing and hoping for some scrap of evidence until the end of Trump's second term and beyond.  Now, of course, these jaywalking allegations are of grave national concern whereas the tens of millions of foreign money that Bill and Hill laundered through the Clinton Foundation while her day job was Secretary of State is of no concern.

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What VeryOldSchool is describing sure sounds a lot like the GOP's attitude towards Hillary.  Hell, she didn't even win the election and they still aren't over her being alive and breathing somewhere far away from the White House.

But her emails...

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What VeryOldSchool is describing sure sounds a lot like the GOP's attitude towards Hillary.  Hell, she didn't even win the election and they still aren't over her being alive and breathing somewhere far away from the White House.

The fact that she's not President isn't even the worst thing, though.  

The fact that she didn't do anything seriously wrong, and this loon is still convinced that she "laundered millions of dollars" is even worse.  

(Yes, after around 20 years of investigation, they did manage to discover that, out of what, was it 30,000 emails, or 300,000?, that around 100 times, either Hillary or somebody on her staff used an email address that, looking back on things, should have used a different one. "Lock her up!")

Donald Trump operates a charity which hires people to paint portraits of Donald Trump, and then hangs them in Donald Trump buildings, and this guy wants to point fingers of outrage at the Foundation that distributed AIDS drugs in Africa, and spent 85% of their money on actual charity work.  

(All so that a guy who claims that his hero is Eisenhower can support a President who is openly trying to break up NATO, endorse the Russian invasion and conquest of Baltic nations (so they can exert more naval power), and withdraw protection from South Korea.) 

Edited by Larry

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

The fact that she's not President isn't even the worst thing, though.  

The fact that she didn't do anything seriously wrong, and this loon is still convinced that she "laundered millions of dollars" is even worse.  

(Yes, after around 20 years of investigation, they did manage to discover that, out of what, was it 30,000 emails, or 300,000?, that around 100 times, either Hillary or somebody on her staff used an email address that, looking back on things, should have used a different one. "Lock her up!")

Its almost as if they don’t know how email works.

• 2 weeks later...