Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-Curse D.C. Sports Thread

Sticksboi05

7 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The Guice injury sucks but let's be real, half the league's top players were injured/season-ended at some point last year, it happens. I feel really sad for him though, he was truly ingratiating himself with the fanbase. Seeing him at Capital One to watch the Cup win was awesome!

Oh well, guess I'll cheer myself up by watching the Caps win the championship for the 20th time...because you know...we can do that now.

Yeah, this is right.  I'm sure every fanbase thinks they're snakebit and unlucky when it comes to injuries.

But now Robert Davis, too.  I'm not sure how much he was going to contribute this season but jeez.  

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, this is right.  I'm sure every fanbase thinks they're snakebit and unlucky when it comes to injuries.

But now Robert Davis, too.  I'm not sure how much he was going to contribute this season but jeez.  

He's like our 6th WR. Relax.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Our important players get hurt during s friggin scrimmage fight and you want to tell me that something isn't abnormal?

Every team in the NFL loses players to injuries in preseason/training camp. That isn't a "curse." That's professional freaking football.

The curse ended back in June. You may or may not be a Caps or Hockey fan, but its a fact. There can't be a DC SPORTS CURSE when we just won a major sports championship two months ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Every team in the NFL loses players to injuries in preseason/training camp. That isn't a "curse." That's professional freaking football.

The curse ended back in June. You may or may not be a Caps or Hockey fan, but its a fact. There can't be a DC SPORTS CURSE when we just won a major sports championship two months ago.

We just lost an important player during a brawl, sir.

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

who is the important player lost?  Moses just went down.  I didn't know you could diagnose an injury looking at a tweet

Well hopefully you're right, but there were plenty of people who were positive that Guice was just fine on Thursday and you see how that turned out. 

We shall see, crossing fingers for the best.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Well hopefully you're right, but there were plenty of people who were positive that Guice was just fine on Thursday and you see how that turned out. 

We shall see, crossing fingers for the best.

Football players are  not doctors.  Their interviews are pointless.  Why do people listen to them?

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Don't feel sad fellow Nationals fans, on Oct. 3 we're raising a championship banner (though honestly, I really want to wait till the Penguins are in town).

Yeah Montreal Expos fans are welcome to see what a real championship banner looks like. :D

Edited by Mournblade

• 3 weeks later...

Mystics making first finals appearance in there history.  How do y'all regard that?  I think it should count given there are only 6 sports ahead of WNBA revenue-wise (looking about $60 billion, so they aren't making it rain yet compared to even NASCAR). Some things but still better then college, better shooting. TV viewership

are starting to shoot up, compared to some other leauges, too.  Not saying it's on par with big four, I just don't find it irrelevant, still basketball as some people say.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Hockey, Arena Football, and now the WNBA?

The curse is as relative now as it's ever been...

The NHL is the 5th highest revenue league in the world so it's doing just fine. Can't speak for the other two though.

Edited by Sticksboi05