Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the most talented yet misused defensive front we've had in years?

Vanguard

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah, the Colts don't really have a RB threat like Johnson, and Luck threw the ball 50+ times last week, so I'm hoping this is the week our pass rush eats. I think their starting LT is out too.

I think the RT is out too. Luck could be on IR after this game........................again.

Can I change my vote?  I love the run d but was expecting waaaaaay mire pass rush.  Holding Colts to 21 points despite our offense being completely useless, I dont want to be too mad at them.  But we need more sacks, enough of this close only counts in horseshoes ****

58 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I tried to tell people to wait before you starting crowning this D line, the signs were there.

I don't think the line is the problem, I don't expect sacks from them in a 3-4.  Those linebackers in the other hand, especially our olbs are underachieving like a mfr

The DL wasn't great today, but the bigger issue are the LBs. They simply suck in space and are too slow/unathletic.

The truth is we should go 4-3 full time. Allen and Payne at DT. Ion can play one DE spot, maybe sign a vet to play the other or draft someone. Let Smith and Kerrigan walk. Keep Brown at MLB but we need two new OLBs(maybe Anderson can develop, Foster is slow and bad).

7 minutes ago, zoony said:

"Is this the best defensive front weve had in years?"

God help us

These threads always end up looking dumb lol 

No one wants to admit it but our ILBs suck. That’s why our run defense is spotty. Foster is a JAG and Brown is just fast. That’s it. They get washed in coverage all the time 

Also, I found the Preston Smith hype ridiculous in the offseason. He’s not very good imo 

13 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Yeah wtf happened today? The feast was actually an unexpected famine.

I didnt  want to be the one to say it (because I don't want to get forced into arguing with "You're not a real fan!!!" Types,  and dealing with the guilt after I call them slow/stupid), but historically, whenever we find ourselves in these games ("Oh look, hey, that guy isn't playing! Oh, that guy too! Awesome, what a break ! We're gonna DESTROY them!"), lately it's been rookie qb's, but all the same... The opposite usually happens, and we all end up looking at feeling like total morons when it is all over.

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I tried to tell people to wait before you starting crowning this D line, the signs were there.

In all fairness, dline I like but I don't believe any of us saw the lack of production from kerrigan and Preston coming . no fn way., unreal, but still time to turn it around

I think it was a mistake expecting so much from Preston. He really only looks good against Sam Bradford. 

He’s average as hell 

Just now, Sandy Monk said:

Honestly, and no offense taken, but I prefer to look like a moron than a fan that's too chicken to put forth any faith. 

Ok captain America 

we’ll just hope 23% more next week and we’ll win. 

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Ok captain America 

we’ll just hope 23% more next week and we’ll win. 

Hope has nothing to do with actual winning and losing of the team. That's hardly the point. 

If you are to bother engaging in a battle, and you like the weapons available to you, at least draw up some courage that you will come out on top. If you're just going to curl up and lay down at the first moment of trouble, then you may as well run far away. Far from here. From from the battle circle. 

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I’m right there with you. The fanbase is so desperate to field a professional team that even a modest amount of success and some people jump the gun boldly claiming things such as “best defense” and “WRs are coming along”. 

I just don’t get it. We haven’t proven anything for people to get so excited. This is does this constantly.

Just now, dyst said:

I’m right there with you. The fanbase is so desperate to field a professional team that even a modest amount of success and some people jump the gun boldly claiming things such as “best defense” and “WRs are coming along”. 

I just don’t get it. We haven’t proven anything for people to get so excited. This is does this constantly.

So get excited. Who cares? If you're not here to expect good for the team or get behind them, then why even bother???? 

6 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Hope has nothing to do with actual winning and losing of the team. That's hardly the point. 

If you are to bother engaging in a battle, and you like the weapons available to you, at least draw up some courage that you will come out on top. If you're just going to curl up and lay down at the first moment of trouble, then you may as well run far away. Far from here. From from the battle circle. 

...so like i watched the game on my couch in my sweats

i don’t play...and I’m pretty sure you don’t either so yeah, none of what you said really has merit. I’m sorry 

6 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I’d totally get what you were saying if we suited up every Sunday but we don’t.  

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The DL wasn't great today, but the bigger issue are the LBs. They simply suck in space and are too slow/unathletic.

The truth is we should go 4-3 full time. Allen and Payne at DT. Ion can play one DE spot, maybe sign a vet to play the other or draft someone. Let Smith and Kerrigan walk. Keep Brown at MLB but we need two new OLBs(maybe Anderson can develop, Foster is slow and bad).

Yeah they need to ditch the 3-4 after this year and get some new LB's

12 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Honestly, and no offense taken, but I prefer to look like a moron than a fan that's too chicken to put forth any faith. 

I'm glad you're not offended. That will work to your favor here in the future, regarding various arguments (especially the ones where no one is directly implicated).  

Speaking for myself, it doesn't bother me what other people think, it bothers me when I am required to put forth a certain amount of faith.... Faith that has been steadily given over time (blindly given at one point), and not earned.

Now, they must earn it. 

3 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

It carries over to normal life. 

No it doesnt...

5 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

So get excited. Who cares? If you're not here to expect good for the team or get behind them, then why even bother???? 

It's not about gloating, we're all fans here and its a long season and I do think they will get better, we have bigger problems than our D line, the defense played well enough to win, they gave the offense opportunities in the 2nd half and we couldn't do anything (6 quarters without a TD).

But they aren't anything close to dominant.

Archived