Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

36 minutes ago, method man said:

You are going to have a lot of depth next year. If you assume we add another WE, who won’t make it? You’ll keep 4 of the below

AGG

Harmon

C. Sims

S. Sims

Wright

I don't want to Ashburn myself, because I'm not sure how good any of these guys actually are, but I see progress from Cam and Wright.  I'm dissapointed in S. Sims, but that could be injury related. 

In the next 8 games, I think you're going to see somebody separate and really grab hold of a roster spot.  I think it's going to be Cam Sims.  I think the others will be fighting for playing time, well, whoever is healthy.

58 minutes ago, method man said:

You are going to have a lot of depth next year.

Depth as in quantity, but not necessarily quality.

I don't want to fall into that trap anymore, of over-rating our players and prospects.

Because if I'm honest, a lot of guys on that list are either unproven, or borderline NFL talent, or have some type of question marks.

I think we need to acquire 1 or 2 wideouts, that are as close as possible to being a sure thing, rather than "hoping" some guys live up to their potential, or getting borderline players like Latimer, Inman, Pryor, etc.

We need to hit the WR market hard, and not be tentative.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't want to Ashburn myself, because I'm not sure how good any of these guys actually are, but I see progress from Cam and Wright.  I'm dissapointed in S. Sims, but that could be injury related. 

In the next 8 games, I think you're going to see somebody separate and really grab hold of a roster spot.  I think it's going to be Cam Sims.  I think the others will be fighting for playing time, well, whoever is healthy.

Steven Sims basically took Trey Quinn’s spot and turned into Trey Quinn. It’s amazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, method man said:

You are going to have a lot of depth next year. If you assume we add another WE, who won’t make it? You’ll keep 4 of the below

AGG

Harmon

C. Sims

S. Sims

Wright

six spots on the roster, two PS, we;ll have room for quality and potential

If Cam Sims can put it all together he could be the answer.  I was listening to Cooley's film review, he loves Cam.  He actually gave an A to Wright, too regardless of the fumble.  He said he blocks well and gets open.

18 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

WRs much like OL, probably getting a bit out of the group than earlier in the year. 

Along with the constant issue at QB, the need for a #1 TE is becoming that next major need on offense.

Yep right now feels like TE, QB, LB are top needs.  O line obviously could use upgrades too, maybe safety, but they seem to be doing all right of late. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Isnt it sad that this thread comes from 2018 😂 and we aren't even close yet.

It could have just easily started in 1993, and would still be just as close.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Smith dumps the ball off to McKissic in the flat. He instantly starts looking for a defender to block and makes a strong block on Peppers. Even Peppers appreciated it afterwards

I bet Peppers appreciated it, the way he loved to deck Allen

The winner here is that we have a true #1 already. Terry Mac continues to excel.

Not sure we have anyone able to justify a #2 ranking, but we have enough competition to work with. I’ll stick with my opinion Curtis Samuel would be a great free agent acquisition to the group. Had an excellent game at the weekend.

Oh and go all out for a #1 TE.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 12:54 PM, method man said:

AGG

Harmon

C. Sims

S. Sims

Wright

I would rate how much I value them as follows:
1.  Harmon (showed me enough that I see him as a possibly decent second receiver or if not a good third receiver

2.  S. SIms (showed me enough that I think he has starting slot potential)

3.  AGG:  Hasn't done yet, but based on where we drafted him he must have flashed potential so I am not giving up after a year.  After two years, I might give up if he hasn't shown anything.

4.  C. Sims:  Productive with the reps he gets.

5.  Wright:  It is close between him a Cam Sims, but he needs to show just a little bit more.

I can see flipping Cam Sims and Isaiah Wright, Cam Sims just flashed more with crucial plays than Wright.

• Like 1

Looking at the free agent receivers, you do have a few proven veterans who may have a season or two left to pair with Terry. TY Hilton, AJ Green and Alshon Jeffrey all come to mind. All three of these guys would be folks you’d sign to 1-2 year deals for $5m-$7m annually as the Godwins, Golladays and Smith Schusters will all get $15M+ a year with big bonuses.

Out of that bunch, I like Hilton the most. He’s shown he can still separate well but has had some issues with drops and Rivers with his weakened arm strength isn’t the right QB for him anymore. 

• Like 1