Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

I didn't buy Sam's emotion over his asshole father and brother being killed for not bending the knee. He understands how these things work, you don't bend the knee...you die. Period. Also, his father basically sentenced him to death by sending him to the Night's Watch, with the expectation that he had no hope of surviving there. His brother was basically a mini version of his dad. It just seemed like the writer's wanted us to completely forgot only Dany has been treated worse by her own family, and want us to believe Sam should react like a normal person who had a loving family.

There are certain kinds of kids that when they get abused by a parent, they don't stop loving the parent, they stop loving themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

I didn't buy Sam's emotion over his asshole father and brother being killed for not bending the knee. He understands how these things work, you don't bend the knee...you die. Period.

He pretty much took it in stride until she mentioned his brother. He just shrugged off his dad basically. 

I bought that since his brother never seemed cruel to him like his dad. I thought it was in line with what i expected   

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Okay, there are three dragons albeit one is undead. We now have seen three riders of dragons, Dany, the Night King, and Jon. Only Targaryans can ride dragons. Ergo, the Night King is a Targaryan, albeit an undead one. Who can he be? Not Bran because Bran's a Stark. Aegon I? The Mad King?

I think the whole 3 dragons 3 dragon riders is more book stuff that won't impact the show. Just based on the show, there is no way the NK could be a Targaryen because he was created at least 500 years before Aegon conquered the 7 kingdoms. It's also not a foregone conclusion that only Targaryens can ride dragons, they just are the only ones that have so far. If it was worldwide knowledge that only Targaryens can do that, then Dany should have been losing her **** when Jon did. 

I'm almost positive that Bran will be the NK though, somehow. There has to be an answer to the question: "What is the point of the 3 eyed raven? What does he do? And why did he specifically seek out Bran when he could have sought out anybody else to replace him?"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think the whole 3 dragons 3 dragon riders is more book stuff that won't impact the show. Just based on the show, there is no way the NK could be a Targaryen because he was created at least 500 years before Aegon conquered the 7 kingdoms. It's also not a foregone conclusion that only Targaryens can ride dragons, they just are the only ones that have so far. If it was worldwide knowledge that only Targaryens can do that, then Dany should have been losing her **** when Jon did. 

I'm almost positive that Bran will be the NK though, somehow. There has to be an answer to the question: "What is the point of the 3 eyed raven? What does he do? And why did he specifically seek out Bran when he could have sought out anybody else to replace him?"

I really hope that is not true. That has been a theory for some time now that he maybe got stuck in a time loop to try and stop the walkers from being made and was then turned into one. I hope it’s something/someone no one would expect coming 

4 minutes ago, max21 said:

I really hope that is not true. That has been a theory for some time now that he maybe got stuck in a time loop to try and stop the walkers from being made and was then turned into one. I hope it’s something/someone no one would expect coming 

Me too but I just cant see any other legitimate answer to this question. Also, there is no reason why he hasn't gone back to the long night and saw what happened to the WW before. That would be one of the first things i'd do. Yet he hasn't yet. Because the show is waiting for a reveal.

Also, it explains why the NK can could see him and touch him during his vision when nobody else is able to acknowledge Bran when he is viewing something in the world currently or the past. 

Also, this could be a spoiler or it could just be promo talk but: 

Spoiler

the actor that plays the NK said the NK is in search of a specific person. Which kinda goes against the whole "complete evil that only destroy everything in their path period" angle they've been building. As do the signs of severed dead bodies 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He pretty much took it in stride until she mentioned his brother. He just shrugged off his dad basically. 

I bought that since his brother never seemed cruel to him like his dad. I thought it was in line with what i expected   

I can't remember if his brother even had a personality in the show. Maybe I'm blending context from the books into why I called him a mini version of his dad. Regardless, Sam wasn't there to see how it played out. His brother refused to not burn to death with his father. It was pretty ****ing dumb, but they both put Daneyrs in a position where she couldn't give mercy without looking weak to the Dothraki. 

55 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Maybe he sought Bran out because he was 1) worthless to the human war that couldn't be avoided, based on his birth position, age and being crippled, and yet 2) born into a high enough position where he would have access to the people who would be the most important in the war against the WW.  He is fulfilling his ultimate role right now, at Winterfell, helping get rid of those who've made their chances of winning worse (Littlefinger), and improving their odds by helping them with information only he could know. 

They're kinda making it seem like we'll see the battle against the White Walkers first before the Starks and co. fight the Lannister gang, which would be anticlimactic, but I suppose ultimately the show should end with someone sitting on the Iron Throne.

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Me too but I just cant see any other legitimate answer to this question. Also, there is no reason why he hasn't gone back to the long night and saw what happened to the WW before. That would be one of the first things i'd do. Yet he hasn't yet. Because the show is waiting for a reveal.

Also, it explains why the NK can could see him and touch him during his vision when nobody else is able to acknowledge Bran when he is viewing something in the world currently or the past. 

Also, this could be a spoiler or it could just be promo talk but: 

Reveal hidden contents

the actor that plays the NK said the NK is in search of a specific person. Which kinda goes against the whole "complete evil that only destroy everything in their path period" angle they've been building. As do the signs of severed dead bodies 

Perhaps is more like a Harry Potter and Voldemort connection or maybe he knows Bran is the only one that can stop him since they are connected in some way. He did try to kill Bran at some point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I can't remember if his brother even had a personality in the show. Maybe I'm blending context from the books into why I called him a mini version of his dad. Regardless, Sam wasn't there to see how it played out. His brother refused to not burn to death with his father. It was pretty ****ing dumb, but they both put Daneyrs in a position where she couldn't give mercy without looking weak to the Dothraki. 

Sams brother was in a couple other scenes. He was at dinner when Sam came back home with Gilly, though he was played by a different actor. Then he was in some pre-battle strategy meeting with Jaime before the Spoils of War episode where they take High Garden. 

I get Dany’s position but Tyrion still advises her against it. She could have taken them prisoner for longer instead of immediately jumping to “bend her die” but I think it’s in her nature and could be something they explore over the last season. 

3 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Maybe he sought Bran out because he was 1) worthless to the human war that couldn't be avoided, based on his birth position, age and being crippled, and yet 2) born into a high enough position where he would have access to the people who would be the most important in the war against the WW.  He is fulfilling his ultimate role right now, at Winterfell, helping get rid of those who've made their chances of winning worse (Littlefinger), and improving their odds by helping them with information only he could know. 

I’m not saying he is searching for Bran but he could be. The WW went from hardhome all the way to where the 3 eyed raven was to kill the 3ER. Why specifically did they want to kill the 3ER so bad? The WW wouldn’t even kill him on their own they waited for the NK to let him do it after taking the cave. 

I just don’t think it serves a purpose to show us Bran creating Hodor if there isn’t going to be some larger payoff for that ability. We were shown that he can impact the past for things that have already happened, that circular paradox stuff for a reason. And that reason imo, relates to the NK. 

14 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Perhaps is more like a Harry Potter and Voldemort connection or maybe he knows Bran is the only one that can stop him since they are connected in some way. He did try to kill Bran at some point. 

Could be something like that. Kinda how Voldemort’s efforts to stop Harry as a baby actually created the prophecy that ends up killing him to begin with. 

And we’ve seen how GOT already treats prophecies. They are misinterpreted or your efforts to avoid them ultimately cause them to come true. 

6 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Yea I don't think Bron will try to take out Tyrion on Jaime. He'll join forces with them and they will take down Cerseiin epic fashion.

Tyrion told Bronn in S1 that if anyone tries to pay him to betray Tyrion-he’d Double whatever they were paying him. 

Also B saved J when J charged the Dragon. He didn’t have to, riches weren’t at stake. 

At at least now, we know that Tyrion and Jamie survive late in the game so that they can have this “Mexican standoff” with Cersei. Clegane Bowl happens around this time too because the characters need to be in the same location. 

• Like 1

The Night King isn't Bran but I think he's a Stark ancestor. 

The Children of the Forest created the NK from one of the first men and lost control of him. I think they didn't realize he was a warg - the NK 'raises' the wights by warging the dead. We saw that when you kill a WW all of the wights he was controlling stop moving, because he's no longer warging them. 

When the NK and army get through the wall at the end of last season they do an overhead shot and the army looks like the Stark wolf sigil. Makes the Stark words "winter is coming" ominous. 

hd-aspect-1504001454-bk-nypc0c6fpn2xz1nu

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a few predictions for this season, most of which I’ve already said. 

1) Bran will be the NK or somehow closely linked to him

2) Jon will live and Dany will die

3) there will not be a king at the end or an iron throne. All dragons will be dead and magic will have left the world 

4) The final battle against the Night King will take place at the Trident. 

I don’t think the NK and his army will

be relegated to one battle and defeat after all this buildup. They are going to fight him at least twice to let the NK really flex his power and superiority. You can’t build up for 7 seasons to this unstoppable threat and then boom he’s defeated in the first battle. That cheapens the entire thing. He has to take over a huge chunk of Westeros 

I think Jon’s army will lose and retreat to the iron islands since that was setup in the last episode with Yara. They will make another last stand later. This will give them time to regroup and time for Bran to dig into the past and discover something that changes their chances for the next time. 

The place I think this works best is to come from the West coast after leaving the iron islands as the NK army marches South and catch them at the Trident. 

Its such an important location in the story and has significance to this world. Jon’s father and Dany’s brother died here. It would bring the whole story full circle for one last stand for humanity. I think it’s a perfect place to end the story of the WW. They will emerge victorious and just like the last battle at the trident, afterwards ride for Kings Landing to overthrow a mad ruler. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh, one last thing. I’ve long believed that Rhaegar was the Prince That Was Promised. Jon is Lightbringer, the weapon created by TPTWP that will defeat the WW and end the long night. Forged in the heart of a wolf (Lyanna) instead of a lion as the original hero did. 

This is more book stuff than show since it hasn’t spent a whole lot of time on this prophecy or lightbringer etc. I don’t think we will get any payoff for this in the show 

28 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I have a few predictions for this season, most of which I’ve already said. 

1) Bran will be the NK or somehow closely linked to him

2) Jon will live and Dany will die

3) there will not be a king at the end or an iron throne. All dragons will be dead and magic will have left the world 

4) The final battle against the Night King will take place at the Trident. 

I don’t think the NK and his army will

be relegated to one battle and defeat after all this buildup. They are going to fight him at least twice to let the NK really flex his power and superiority. You can’t build up for 7 seasons to this unstoppable threat and then boom he’s defeated in the first battle. That cheapens the entire thing. He has to take over a huge chunk of Westeros 

I think Jon’s army will lose and retreat to the iron islands since that was setup in the last episode with Yara. They will make another last stand later. This will give them time to regroup and time for Bran to dig into the past and discover something that changes their chances for the next time. 

The place I think this works best is to come from the West coast after leaving the iron islands as the NK army marches South and catch them at the Trident. 

Its such an important location in the story and has significance to this world. Jon’s father and Dany’s brother died here. It would bring the whole story full circle for one last stand for humanity. I think it’s a perfect place to end the story of then WW. They will emerge victorious and just like the last battle at the trident, afterwards ride for Kings Landing to overthrow a mad ruler. 

There is still a lot to be done after the battle of Winterfell. Cersei still has an army they’d have to get through. The Mountain creature still lives. There has to be some transition from fighting WW to overthrowing Cersei. There needs to be a dragon for some of that. 

I think it’s possible the WW make it to Kings Landing and the entire city plus the WW get destroyed by the green fire. 

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

There is still a lot to be done after the battle of Winterfell. Cersei still has an army they’d have to get through. The Mountain creature still lives. There has to be some transition from fighting WW to overthrowing Cersei. There needs to be a dragon for some of that. 

I think it’s possible the WW make it to Kings Landing and the entire city plus the WW get destroyed by the green fire. 

I could see the WW making it to Kings Landing too. There is a dragon flying over KL in one of Bran's visions and Dany saw the throne room covered in snow. I could see a double cross with the golden company where Dany tries to attack the North or her army rides out to meet the NK. I think some of this will be overlapped. It won't be quite the "ok now the NK is defeated lets fight another army" type of transition.  

I don't think Wildfire will destroy the NK because they've played that card 3 times in the story now (including Robert's rebellion) but I could see a scenario where Bran wants them to burn while he is looking into the past and causes the mad king to go crazy hearing that voice. 

10 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Also B saved J when J charged the Dragon. He didn’t have to, riches weren’t at stake. 

Bronn did say to Jaime "Till I get what I'm owed, a dragon doesn't get to kill you, you don't get to kill you, only I get to kill you."

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Yohan said:

Bronn did say to Jaime "Till I get what I'm owed, a dragon doesn't get to kill you, you don't get to kill you, only I get to kill you."

The famed GoT subtle foreshadowing. 

Does Jamie's golden hand, in a fateful twist, save his life?

• Like 1

Well in the books Dany has a dream about Rhaegar's fight against Robert at the Trident but it's actually against the white walkers which seems like foreshadowing. It could be one of the notes that GRRM gave to the show in his outline.

Spoiler

That night she dreamt that she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper’s rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent. Some small part of her knew that she was dreaming, but another part exulted. This is how it was meant to be. The other was a nightmare, and I have only now awakened.