Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained

No Excuses

On 8/20/2019 at 11:47 AM, Cooked Crack said:

I just watched the "7 Facts" video. Either those two guys are terrible explainers or I'm a horrible listener because I couldn't make any sense of anything.

Edited by Chachie

I would never do it, because of the easily foreseeable consequences, but I feel like putting together an event catering to conspiracy theorists would be an interesting experience.  I have ideas about how to generate interest among a paranoid target audience that would run entirely against the accepted standards for event marketing.  I certainly wouldn’t call it “digital soldiers” and make it a fund raiser for a government type.  A good number of the people they hoped would attend probably felt suspicious.  

These people are drawn to the idea of a great big enemy existing in the world, and that they are among special few opposing it.  That by some virtue they are able to see the enemy, to see truth, where others cannot or refuse to do so.  That this knowledge comes with a cost, the enemy is not happy with those seeking to expose it, and may take action against them.  

It’s a story.  I’d be interested in seeing if an event that played into that storyline would work.  

11 hours ago, Destino said:

I would never do it, because of the easily foreseeable consequences, but I feel like putting together an event catering to conspiracy theorists would be an interesting experience.  I have ideas about how to generate interest among a paranoid target audience that would run entirely against the accepted standards for event marketing.  I certainly wouldn’t call it “digital soldiers” and make it a fund raiser for a government type.  A good number of the people they hoped would attend probably felt suspicious.  

These people are drawn to the idea of a great big enemy existing in the world, and that they are among special few opposing it.  That by some virtue they are able to see the enemy, to see truth, where others cannot or refuse to do so.  That this knowledge comes with a cost, the enemy is not happy with those seeking to expose it, and may take action against them.  

It’s a story.  I’d be interested in seeing if an event that played into that storyline would work.  

You are too late, my friend.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/08/20/storm-area-51-event-pushes-rural-nevada-county-declare-emergency/2065065001/

The question is how to monetize it. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm very curious to see how many people actually show up for that.  I don't think they'll actually raid area 51, but I mean generally attempt to drive into town for an event that has exactly zero organization of any kind.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Destino said:

I'm very curious to see how many people actually show up for that.  I don't think they'll actually raid area 51, but I mean generally attempt to drive into town for an event that has exactly zero organization of any kind.

I'm expecting a few mouth breathers will get too close for comfort for security....essentially Darwin award candidates

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Yea, I always love it when outlets report "their Facebook page has 2 million RSVPs."  Yea, no ****, it's a lot easier to click one button than to drive to the middle of nowhere, Nevada.

That said, people that believe in crazy **** are usually SUPER INTO THAT CRAZY ****, so much so that they let it ruin all of their interpersonal relationships with sane people and generally allows them to structure their life to be able to pick up and leave for Nevada if they want to. 

33 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'm expecting a few mouth breathers will get too close for comfort for security....essentially Darwin award candidates

If military security had to rough up a dozen or so QAnon supporters, and I can't believe I have to ask this question, who's side do we think Trump would take?

Edited by PleaseBlitz

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If military security had to rough up a dozen or so QAnon supporters, and I can't believe I have to ask this question, who's side do we think Trump would take?

He's going to play the 'both sides' card again.....but his head might explode in the process. Must support the troops/police....but also can't alienate his mouthbreather base

30 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Is it actually his base thats into this? I dont know why but I get much more of a wacky hipster feel from this. I feel like the Quanon crowd is busy looking for JFKs real body. 

Yes, it's Trump's base.  You should read this thread:

• Sad 1

Things are even more confusing than usual in QAnon land, where the shuttering of 8Chan in the wake of the El Paso shooting means QAnon believers have lost the one forum where they know “Q” posts his clues.

Without Q to keep them united, QAnon world has become obsessed, inexplicably, with a Santa Claus. As QAnon-watcher Mike Rothschild noted on Thursday, QAnon Twitter has been overwhelmed with tweets about Santa, “Mrs. Claus,” Santa emojis, and believers bragging about belonging to a “permanent nice list.”

The whole thing has turned into a QAnon civil war, with Santa believers tweeting “#IStandWithSanta” and pushing to overturn the old hierarchy of previous QAnon hucksters.

As it turns out, the whole feud has a lot to do with — you guessed it — John F. Kennedy Jr. 

• Haha 1

I am having a very hard time believing these people aren't just ****ing with us.  I can see the evidence.  I can read the evidence that this real.  I can watch that crazy doctor lady lay on the cult vibe while driving.... but I can't accept it.  My mind takes the information in, pauses for a second, and then it's like "nah this is bull****."  Every single time. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I am having a very hard time believing these people aren't just ****ing with us.  I can see the evidence.  I can read the evidence that this real.  I can watch that crazy doctor lady lay on the cult vibe while driving.... but I can't accept it.  My mind takes the information in, pauses for a second, and then it's like "nah this is bull****."  Every single time. 

We know who's getting coal in their stocking this year.

Anyone with time to spare should read discussion and analysis being done in MIT’s journal of science and design on QAnon and unreality. 

https://jods.mitpress.mit.edu/pub/tliexqdu

There are likely at this point well over 1 million people who are at some level, influenced or susceptible to believing Q nonsense. The world they are actively looking to create, or the reality they are living in, celebrates revoking the civil liberties of their enemies and advocates for their execution.

In 2010 the conspiracists advocated that the US government was taken over by a hostile, Kenyan-born Muslim and something like 45% of the GOP membership accepted or strongly considered this unreality. They eventually elected the person who lead the charge on such bogus conspiracies and lies, something he continues to do while in power. 

The Q grift could only happen if enough people had been previously primed to believe in complete nonsense.

Something will replace and update Q eventually, just like Q was an update on Obama’s hostile Kenyan take over. And I think there is a strong chance that Q is leading a lot of people down the path of violence and domestic terrorism: either acting out on it or serving as enablers and supporters. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 12:25 PM, Destino said:

On 8/22/2019 at 12:57 PM, Barry.Randolphe said:

On 8/22/2019 at 1:27 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, I always love it when outlets report "their Facebook page has 2 million RSVPs."  Yea, no ****, it's a lot easier to click one button than to drive to the middle of nowhere, Nevada.

DUTCH YOUTUBE DUO ARRESTED AT AREA 51

Dutch YouTubers Ties Granzier and Govert Sweep were arrested at Area 51 in the American state of Nevada, the NYE County Sheriff's Office said on Facebook. They told the police that they saw and understood the no trespassing warnings, but wanted to look at the site. 

dutch_area_51_nye_co_booking_photos.jpg

According to the local police, the duo had a drone, cameras and laptops on them. They recorded footage on the Area 51 site - a test location for the United States air force, where popular conspiracy theories say the American authorities experiment on aliens.

20-year-old Granzier and 21-year-old Sweep were arrested on Tuesday. They both face charges of trespassing.

In July an event appeared on Facebook, calling people to storm Area 51 on September 20th. More than two million people indicated that they would do so. The initiator of the event took it offline, after a visit from the FBI. The event was instead turned into a festival near the site, according to NOS. 

Click on the link for the full article