Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained

No Excuses

I’m having a hard time reconciling how there are people who are stupid enough to gobble up every obvious lie that Trump farts out of his mouth but stop short of believing this Q crap. I mean, if you’re one rung away from the pinnacle of stupidity, why stop? As Woody would say, “reach for the sky”.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

If you want to know how President Trump's mind works, seriously read this. Most people react to him exactly as he wants. Just look at the quantity of content on here about him.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dilbert-creator-scott-adams-explains-trumps-persuasion-style-2017-10

rest at link

The border with Mexico is more secure now than any time in US history.  We have more people and more equipment on the border now then ever.  If we are going to talk about border security, we have to have a measure of what it means to be secure.  If one person comes over the Mexican border illegally, is it not "secure"?  Is the illegal Mexican more of an issue than the person that flies and has a legal visa or something, but stays after they should have gone back?  Estimates have ~50% of the people here illegally coming in on planes, not over the Mexican border.

The other point here, is the human brain is an odd device.  If somebody lies, correcting the lie with the negative just re-enforces the initial statement.

If I say the sky is red and in correcting me, you say the sky is not red, you are actually re-enforcing the sky is red in other people's minds.  Trump isn't stupid.  He knows how to manipulate people to get what he wants.

3 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

The border with Mexico is more secure now than any time in US history.  We have more people and more equipment on the border now then ever.  If we are going to talk about border security, we have to have a measure of what it means to be secure.  If one person comes over the Mexican border illegally, is it not "secure"?  Is the illegal Mexican more of an issue than the person that flies and has a legal visa or something, but stays after they should have gone back?  Estimates have ~50% of the people here illegally coming in on planes, not over the Mexican border.

That may be, I personally don't know and don't have reason to doubt you. But I am somebody who does not have the moral flexibility like Trump or many of his supporters.

The other point here, is the human brain is an odd device.  If somebody lies, correcting the lie with the negative just re-enforces the initial statement.

If I say the sky is red and in correcting me, you say the sky is not red, you are actually re-enforcing the sky is red in other people's minds.  Trump isn't stupid.  He knows how to manipulate people to get what he wants.

Exactly. Except he takes it beyond negative fact correction and employs the argument from emotion to the nth degree. He may be dumb on policy, but he knows people and how to manipulate them, and he's proud of it. Overwhelmingly, most of his opponents spend almost all their energy correcting his statements with a negative, instead of working to further their own cause. Playing his game.

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/8/17657800/qanon-reddit-conspiracy-data

We analyzed every QAnon post on Reddit. Here’s who QAnon supporters actually are.

Long.  Here is one interesting bit:

But let’s take a step back: Who or what is Q?

Q is the mysterious persona who set this conspiracy theory in motion — someone who claims to have “Q-level” security clearance, which is how he can drop all these hints about the “true nature” of what’s happening in Washington. (Most commenters used the pronoun “he,” so we’re using that here.)

It’s tempting to speculate on who Q actually is. Many think there’s no one Q and it’s instead a group of people. Others think it’s John F. Kennedy Jr. A BuzzFeed report argues that it’s actually leftist trolls. But it could also be just a teenage dungeon master who thinks this is his magnum opus. No one really knows (though my bet is that it’s someone who’s not all that interesting).

This community, however, has turned an internet conspiracy theory into a live-action role-playing game. They are the main characters — except they don’t think it’s a game; they believe this conspiracy is real.

So, idiot narcissists.  Hmmm, where have I heard that before? :blink:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

every time i see the thread title i'm momentarily struck with a realization that i really am not a decent person

i am a child of darkness

i'm going to name this mountain bike i took from a skinhead "stormbringer"

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

every time i see the thread title i'm momentarily struck with a realization that i really am not a decent person

i am a child of darkness

i'm going to name this mountain bike i took from a skinhead "stormbringer"

Now, you're finally worthy of a statue *bow*

• Haha 1

The QAnon story of Donald Trump secretly fighting a global pedophilia ring is obviously a hoax.

The story of Abe Lincoln secretly fighting a confederate army of vampires, on the other hand, is totally true (and ****ing awesome).

Dj7W1LyU0AATSot.jpg

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My husband watches Lionel on RT. Wouldn't believe that was him in the picture till I blew it up to billboard size. Doesn't believe the Q stuff...

Somebody please pm me with the evidence so I can shut him up, thanks in advance. 

i just mailed him a horse's head

(no animals were hurt in the making of this post)

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My husband watches Lionel on RT. Wouldn't believe that was him in the picture till I blew it up to billboard size. Doesn't believe the Q stuff...

Somebody please pm me with the evidence so I can shut him up, thanks in advance. 

He doesn't believe that's the QAnon guy in the picture?

Also, still nuts that the President is meeting with a guy who is pushing a conspiracy that Dems are running a pedophilia cult

we may have to start a generic "conspiracy theories" thread since along with racism and rejection of truth/facts they've become signature features of today's gop.

this post could have gone in the alex jones thread as tangential, too 

anyway---keep your eyes on "big league politics"---some site run by ex-britebart reporter, and where the pizzagate strategy is still in full swing by the fever swamps of the right wing (iow, a large majority of all conservatives).

they are attacking various liberal-owned small businesses across the nation, esp. if gay-owned, and accusing them of child sex rings and satanism on various media platforms.

cruz, scalise, and nunes have all used these guys for fund-raising. when just this last week they were individually confronted bya  reporter on this stuff, they acted ignorant or rejected the reporting as inaccurate, but when readouts of proud admission of such were shown, cruz and scalise's offices later released statements that they would no longer use them for fund raising (as if they didn't know lmao).

but not nunes. he's still good with the deal. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 11:12 AM, Jumbo said:

we may have to start a generic "conspiracy theories" thread since along with racism and rejection of truth/facts they've become signature features of today's gop.

this post could have gone in the alex jones thread as tangential, too 

American conservatism, 1992-present. 

Ok ok.. that was unfair.

1994-present.

• Haha 1