Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained

No Excuses

everytime i see this thread title i wonder if we are ever going to find out who q-anon is

is there some sort of timeline when we might expect to know, if ever? 

it's like 'anonymous' right? we're supposed to find out who that really is at some point in the somewhat near future

i'm just hoping this doesn't end like 'lost'---that was disappointing

12 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i'm just hoping this doesn't end like 'lost'---that was disappointing

The entire impression I got from "Lost" was that the creators were just making it up as they went along..  so you have a very good comparison here.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

In a video viewed more than 33,000 times by Monday afternoon, a man approaches students on the Hollis Academy playground in Greenville and reaches over the fence to hand them fliers before yelling out, "Space is fake! You're not on a spinning ball!"

Not Qanon but close enough

Edited by Cooked Crack

On 2/20/2020 at 10:12 PM, Jumbo said:

everytime i see this thread title i wonder if we are ever going to find out who q-anon is

is there some sort of timeline when we might expect to know, if ever? 

This thing stank of a 4chan style internet prank from the start.  I’m still amazed people bought into it on this scale, and I’m the people that brought you boaty mcboatface didn’t expect things to get this big either.  Its taken on a life of its own now.

How a Trash-Talking Upstart Infuriated QAnon Boomers

QAnon believers should be living high on the hog these days. The president recently posted a blatantly pro-QAnon meme, and Tom Hanks—the Terminal star who plays an arch-villain role in the QAnon mythos—has come down with the coronavirus. 

Instead, QAnon is in turmoil. The reason: a young upstart with a YouTube account is bossing around the old guard by claiming that he is himself Q.

A month ago, a mysterious young man using the name Austin Steinbart started to make waves in the QAnon community. Steinbart has the confident, dismissive mien of a reality-show villain, and his videos exploring the QAnon world have all the quick-cuts and peppy attitude of a gadget unboxing. He’s won plenty of adherents among QAnon conspiracy theorists, who are otherwise used to settling for much lower production values.

The whole QAnon theory that Democrats are running a pedophile-cannibal cabal to destroy the globe is based off of anonymous posts from a mysterious person or group of people named “Q.” For the majority of QAnon believers, Q is Ret. Gen. Michael Flynn, or maybe Trump social media director Dan Scavino. In this wacko world, Donald Trump himself bears the moniker “Q+.”

QAnon watchers—both believers and non-believers—have been very curious about Q’s identity. So it was a big deal last week when Steinbart revealed who Q really is: him! As a result, Steinbart’s fans have dubbed him “Baby Q.”

Steinbart initially said he was just following QAnon clues. More recently, though, he’s claimed that he actually is Q. How does that make sense? Well...time travel.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Coronavirus Is the Crisis of Conspiracy Theorists' Wildest Dreams

ast week, frenzied excitement spread across the QAnon corners of the internet. Believers told each other that, finally, it was happening. Children were being brought out of tunnels—some of them sightless, deformed, mute—and into the light.

"Children sex slaves being saved in the tent hospitals set up in Central Park," tweeted a YouTuber and QAnon promoter named Rob Counts, vaguely cautioning that what he'd heard was unconfirmed. Nonetheless, he added, "Situation worse than people think."

Counts and others were linking to a choppy audio file of two separate unidentified people. Both of them claimed in the recording that they'd heard third- or fourth-hand that children in New York City were being rescued from tunnels and cared for in hospital tents in Central Park.

"It's a friend of my mom's, she's a nurse, she's 69 years old," one of the people on the audio file proclaimed. "She volunteered through Good Samaritan. They sent her up from North Carolina to New York City… She just said, 'The thing with the kids, it's real and I have to tell you, it's horrible, so horrible.' And she said, 'Everybody be praying for those children and the medical people that are taking care of all of this' ... It's in Central Park as far as I know and these tunnels from the maps."

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...