Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As if this season wasn't depressing enough...the Giants

Blue Ridger

At least I could revel in the misery that the Giants were this year. I could finally shove it back into the faces of the NY fans I deal with on a daily basis. If you would have told me they were going to be 3-13 I would have been ecstatic. However, now they have a new GM who means business, will have a new head coach, and will likely have a new franchise QB in this draft. So somehow they were able to right the ship within a matter of a few weeks and their fans are freakin happy again. Meanwhile our embarrassing organization can't get out of it's own way. Maybe it's time we cut ties with Kirk, have a crappy year next year, fire Gruden, Allen, and position ourselves for a high draft pick.  UGHHHH

15 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

The only thing Giants related I'm worried about is what are they doing on defense to confuse Kirk Cousins so much and what can we do to combat that. Other than that **** their new GM, coach, qb, and fans.

They simply get after him and we can never run the ball for S, which makes it easier for them to do.  I don't think Spags has any voodoo, what he has is a pass rush.

Still can’t get over last week. I thought the Skins would lose but not like they did.

The new GM decided to cut the starting right tackle mid week and suspended the starting left tackle and this 2-14 team won that week because they rushed for over 230 rushing yards. Best game of the season for those guys

Not the way I thought things were going to go down

4 hours ago, Blue Ridger said:

However, now they have a new GM who means business, will have a new head coach, and will likely have a new franchise QB in this draft.

That remains to be seen.

Carolina Panthers' fan have a lot to say about the Giants' new GM :)

5 hours ago, Blue Ridger said:

Bruce is the root of the problem. I posted in another thread that if we fire bruce, the healing can begin.

I remember when we used to say that about Vinny... we got a new guy and pretty much the same number of playoff appearances...

I've seen it all in the last 26 off seasons... I'm out of ideas... and hope. 

6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

That remains to be seen.

Carolina Panthers' fan have a lot to say about the Giants' new GM :)

Didn’t that guy build both the Panthers and Giants teams (before he went to Carolina) into SB contenders?  

I know now the players didn’t like him, but he seems to know what he’s doing...

12 hours ago, Blue Ridger said:

Bruce is the root of the problem. I posted in another thread that if we fire bruce, the healing can begin.

No more than firing Vinny Bugeyes did.

The root of the problem is that Snyder has never hired a capable qualified GM like Gettleman, and put that man above all others in the organization. This was the hierarchical structure of JKC to Beathard to Gibbs that produced all our Lombardies.

It has been blatantly absent during the Snyder era.

We'll spend megabucks to lure some over the hill retread out of retirement or big name college guy to coach, but giving Beathard any incentives over a base 500k salary was too extravagant.

When Allen gets fired with Gruden at the end of next year, Snyder won't replace him with a capable GM. Instead he will hire some over-60 guy to coach (Cowher) and cede him full control over personnel.

Oh I have full confidence that the Giants will right the ship very soon, sort of how the Eagles did as well. Remember the complete cluster**** they were in with Chip Kelly. Dallas will be fine too. Us meanwhile, we'll coast between 4-9 wins for the forseeable future.

You guys realize that we are cursed because we -- as in us ES'ers -- forced Snyder to back down from hiring Jim Fassel. 

:hitfan:

Sorry, it's a Thursday and I'm tired because I gotten woken up at 2:30 a.m. by an earthquake and couldn't really get back to sleep.  Meh, 4.4.

Meh. Not really too worried about Dave Gettleman. If you look at his record it's great, but then you look a bit deeper and there are some bad RB contracts and a pretty messy parting of all time great, Steve Smith. 

He'll be under the NY microscope, so we'll see how that wears on him. 

Archived