Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Solis is going to get another shot in that situation. Davey said as much in the post game. As frustrating as it is, he can't get better there even in back to backs if there aren't opportunities. Concerned about nothing right now. 

Solis is one of the better middle guys we have. The Law Firm is excellent on the back end, just need someone reliable to get there.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Solis is one of the better middle guys we have. The Law Firm is excellent on the back end, just need someone reliable to get there.

Not really.  Starter goes 6, 7-9 is fine.  We need another guy for the regular season.  For the playoffs, we are actually fine.  

We should have Roark as the long man and maybe experiment that in August and Sept

I didn't catch the game (was at an Easter get together, plus I watched the first 2, plus Nets won the series), but why in the hell 1.) would you yell overrated at that dude, and 2.) yell overrated after he already apparently launched one already? People are dumb af 

He's gonna have a monster year.

Most weekends are reserved for my girlfriend (and I don't have cable) so I had to watch the highlights later but what a great way to start the season. 

-Scherzer gets 10 Ks on opening day 

-Adam Eaton has 5 hits with 3 RBI's on Saturday

-Get the sweep on Sunday 

Long season but a promising start to be sure. 

4 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Man, 4 games in and already a DL stint for a starter.

Less than great.

Though in fairness, if it had to be a starter, Weiters is probably the guy you’d choose...

56 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why would anyone ever pitch to Bryce Harper? I treat him like early 00s Bonds at this point, I walk him everytime unless a walk literally loses you the game.

Because the Nats have enough bats that just putting him on means he likely scores a lot....

He can steal bases.  And he has a lot of protection in the lineup.  

That said, I don’t think I’d EVER give him anything over the plate.  If he is disciplined enough to take pitches, or if he muscles out balls outside the strike zone, that’s too good.   But I’d make him do that.

Archived