Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Hopefully Martinez style facilitates more execution of it. Perfect bunt, perfect base stealing, perfect advancement of the runner sans base hit. That was textbook. And clutch

We would have won a postseason series by now if we could manufacture runs like that all day long.

MAT is turning into what we hoped Trea would become. 

Didn't see the game but seems like typical Nats. Scherzer in form, not a lot of offense, but just enough to win with an Ace on the mound.

Its crazy that Scherzer in his mid 30s might actually be improving. I see him as being the Tom Brady of pitchers and being dominant well into his late 30s/early 40s.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Didn't see the game but seems like typical Nats. Scherzer in form, not a lot of offense, but just enough to win with an Ace on the mound.

If there was something different to point to, they played smart, small ball. Last several years it feels like the score would have been the result of a two run blast early in the 3rd inning or something. But heady baserunning by Harper and Michael A were the deciding factor on the scoreboard. Only one game, but I think it is a positive sign.

Don't think I've ever seen them successfully execute a single bunt in my years watching them, and Michael A was nails laying one down in the ^9th that started a sequence where he stole second, advanced to third, and hauled ass to home plate, scoring easily. It was an October kind of W.

I love the small ball, but there were three or four balls that were tattooed that died in the cold. Taylor should have had a grand slam--that ball was crushed (watch Hamilton's reaction--he's sprinting back and then curls and comes back to the ball.)

MAT played some heady, heady ball in the top of the 9th. Bunting in that situation--considering he just smashed a ball that only made it to the warning track. Steal second--and basically third on a **** AB by Wieters (soft grounder to the third base side of second will rarely advance that runner). Goodwin gave a great AB, he knew with Taylor's speed, he just needed to make contact. I was 100% sure he was going to K.

And man, is the Law Firm so good. Doolittle dialing up that 95-96 fastball around people's eyes is unhittable and batters can't lay off it. What was surprising was that 86 MPH change up he got several strikes off of. It gives the hitter something else to think about now.

This IS fun.  I’m stuck at an airport waiting for a flight that’s already been delayed 4+ hours, but I have a crystal clear feed on MLB.com and kind of want the plane to wait for the game to be over...

And Sparky leading off next inning again.  

Archived